New version of UT's "Map Manager" is here:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
You can download updated version here: http://www.homestead.com/the_league/

I highly recommend it, esp if you want to practice on those auto-downloaded maps.

Here is a description:

" Unreal Tournament Map Manager
UTMM is a small map manager for the Unreal Tournament player. With UTMM installing downloaded, cached and even uninstalling maps is just one click on your mouse. Since it can both install and uninstall maps, I call it a Map Manager instead of just a Map Installer.

UTMM is designed to be easy to use. I have tried to use graphics that is both pleasant to look at and instructive, and in addition there is always help available that explains the most important things. There is even a Configuration Wizard that will help you set up the program the first time it is run. If you follow the instructions in the wizard, you can't go wrong (I hope /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.

It works will all maps, without any special preparation by the map creator.

UTMM is designed around the concept of a dedicated folder where you store the maps you download. I call this folder your "Map Repository". On my own computer, I always save the UT maps I download in the folder "d:\download\games\ut\maps", but of course any folder will work. (Actually, you can specify several map repository folders). UTMM maintains a list of maps in these folders. When you download a new map and save in your map repository folder, UTMM will notice this, and you can ask it to only show you the new maps that you have downloaded. This is great if you try a lot of maps. When you see the list of available maps, you can simply select the one you want and click "Go", and UTMM will automatically extract all the files to their correct positions on your harddisk.

Let's face it, a lot of the maps you download sucks. That's why UTMM also allows you to remove maps you don't want to have around, wasting your harddisk space. In the "Remove maps" view of UTMM, you can see a list of all the maps installed on your harddisk. Selecting a map in this list and clicking the trashcan button, will automatically delete all the files that belong to this map from your harddrive.

Lastly, UTMM does also allow you to save maps that UT has downloaded for you - those maps are called "cached maps" because they are saved in the "Cache" folder in your Unreal Tournament directory. Cached maps are fine if you only play online with other people, but they have the disadvantage that you can't play those maps with bots, on your own computer, disconnected from the internet. UTMM can save those cached maps in their proper folder, so you can also play them on your own with bots. This is just as easy as installing downloaded maps."

------------------
[PuF]BadAss
ICQ 36081255

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
Did anyone get an error when trying to install maps using this new version 1.1 of the UT map manager?

This new version keeps giving me an error and aborts everytime I click on a map to install.

The old version worked fine.

bullet2.gif

[PuF]BadAss
ICQ 36081255

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
I had the same problem. some file in use crap.
Where can I get the old version?

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM