Euro Trip Suggestions (off topic)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
C

CrapMonger

this is for all Euro PuFs!

I'm going to London in March, then going to belgium (sorry about the spelling) the Coln, Germany.

I just wanted to know where i should go in those areas that is worth a look, btw, I don't like a lot of history, mainly cool stuff

Zaccix, I'm looking for your oppion on this!

Thinks all you guys, this trip is gonna be great!

------------------
E-Mail:Mike8153@yahoo.com

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Damn, crap...why didn't you say something in the IRC. I live in Belgium. Well, here is my take on Belgium. Brussels is nice at night and so is Antwerpen. This place has more breweries per square mile than I have ever seen. Also, if you like beers, you will find several pubs that server over 100 beers. I live near Hasselt, but the place is boring...until night comes. There are some good Rave clubs around too. Let me know when you come...my friends and I can show you around. Oh, Koln is nice too, but not like London or Brussels. It will be boring after you visit those cities...especially London.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
My honest opinion on London? Well OK then.

Zaccix's Rough Guide to London.

London is good if you've got either a) lots of time or b) lots of money or ideally c) both. Contrary to popular belief, you don't needs tons of money to enjoy yourself in London, but it does help to have a few bob in your pocket.

When deciding on what to do, it all depends on what you're into. If you're after a drink, you'll be glad to know you're never more than 100 metres from a pub or bar. Clubs? Yep got plenty of those too - try The End, Bar Rumba or Ministry of Sound. As for cafes, there's plenty of those too but apparently the Capital Radio Cafe in Leicester (pronounced "lester") Square rocks. (Never been there myself though).

There's lots of grass in London, both the smokeable type (which is illegal but no-one, except the cops, cares) and parks to chill out in. If it's sunny, go chill in Hyde Park or Regents Park.

A quick warning: don't drive in London. Another quick warning: buy a Travelcard or your bus and tube (subway) fares are gonna hit the roof.

If you're going shopping, head for Oxford Street or if you wanna hang with the hippies then go to Portobello Market. OK there's not actually any hippies in Portobello (well maybe a few) but you'll find loads of shops selling stuff that wouldn't look out of place in an Austin Powers movie.

If you've got skates or a board, head over to the PlayStation Skate Park in Acklam Road. They reckon they've got the UK's largest vert ramp, and they're probably not lying either.

Essentials.

Cash machines: everywhere.

Rubbish Bins: never where you need them.

Sandwich Shops: lots of good ones.

Pizza Huts: again, everywhere.

bullet2.gif

I wandered lonely as a cloud, o'er the hills and valleys, until I stepped in some frickin' dog sh*t! Aarrgh!

[PuF]STC_Haplo

Jan 22, 2000
Scotland
utatstc.homestead.com
Hmmmm London is VERY Expensive to take on of Zaccix point "There are lots os sandwich shops" hmmmmm yeah and a burger costs about 3 quid lol.

As for Belgium I only passes through never stopped however if you are that close to holland i would suggest you do not come back without visiting Amsterdam, there are lots of way cool places to go without doin the old history routine of course it has nothing to do with the Coffee Shops...hehe

Whatever you decide you will enjoy Europes mainland so dont just do Belgium go to them all its no more than about an hour to anywher France,Belgium,Holland even head down to Spain if you have the time, how long r u goin for?

ENJOY!!!!

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Two in the heart and one in the head....Always leaves the enemy dead....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SSSHAD

Dec 8, 1999
Sydney, NSW, Austr.
I am not any kind of Euro PuFer, but had my pleasure to live there for about a month. Dunno if ya into it, but i liked London museums. There're just loads of them. Also, go to Cambridge - very neat place, imo.

corrections to the essentials /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif :

- rubbish bins -&gt; plenty, but they're always full.

- Did somebody said word e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e?

subject: hotdog, average; extras - raw onion
place: just in front of Nat. Gallery
time: June, 1997
cost: 2 pounds &lt;bump&gt;

S

Selerox[PuF]

Zaccix, I'm glad you included the pronuonciation(sp) for Leicester.

Last time I was in London, an american tourist came up to me and ask for directions to Lysester Square... /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

PuF: Way too scary!

overkill1

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
In my opinion, if you haven't visited
Amsterdam (Netherlands), you haven't been
in Europe.
It's only 100 miles from Antwerp(belgium),
it has the breweries, hookers and pot. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif
All legal b.t.w. heheh...
Oh yeah don't 4get the dikes 'n cheese.
(Which are also legal..)

Anyways, enjoy your trip.

Cya!

S

Selerox[PuF]

I still prefer London. BTW don't go to Paris- it sucks big time!

bullet2.gif

PuF: Way too scary!

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
Hey Crap, just be a tourist!
You'll get sucked from one place to the other.

Am I talking about tourist traps or Soho? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Yeah, Don't miss Soho! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif !!!!
Bargains can be HAD in Soho /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Not that I've been there of course...

bullet2.gif

42 is a crap answer!

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
London isn't all that expensive as long as you stay away from the obvious tourist traps. For example, a Whopper in an Oxford Street Burger King will cost about 50p more than one in, say, my local one in Edgware Road.

The other thing to watch out is that in the centre of town, anyone selling anything thinks you're a tourist. This annoys the hell outta me when I want to buy a Coke and some guy's charging me 70p for it, even though I've lived here all my life. Trust me, if you want a drinks can, go to a newsagent.

bullet2.gif

I wandered lonely as a cloud, o'er the hills and valleys, until I stepped in some frickin' dog sh*t! Aarrgh!

M

Morgan

I must agree, Amsterdam is worth a visit. Just remember to keep your wallet in a safe place; alot of pickpockets in A'dam /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

Yeah lady, You and the IRS...

C

CrapMonger

Thanks for all your help!

I'm going to spend to baulk of my trip in London, and im not going to Paris dont worry /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I'll see about putting Amsterdam in my my plans...

bullet2.gif

E-Mail:Mike8153@yahoo.com