How difficult would it be to code this?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I found a neat zombie mod called killing grounds. The mutie for the original game is borked but I found out that monsterspawn can call up the zombies and effectively do the same thing.

SO right now i've got the mutator running on eas maps and it has some potential to be a great game type.

I'll upload the zip file for monster mutator and the zombie killing ground mod for you to try offline.

After trying the mutie, would someone be able to create a dynamic take and secure game mode where you have 5 minutes to get to a randomly generated flag, set up defences and survive a set time period where zombies spawn and simply crash your defences. They would have to spawn anywhere on the map away from the flag and be able to go from point a to point b.

I've tried it on some open maps and the AI on the zombies seem to be able to home in on players from across a map provided there aren't any major obstacles. Intertesting coding since the zombies seem to be able to jump over anything including trucks to get at you lol. They get stuck sometimes but it's definitely one of the better zombie mods for UT.

They also seem strangely attracted to the CD on EAS maps. Kinda interesting. make sure to try it on open field maps so the zombies can get a clear view of you. What's also interesting some will wander randomly if no target sighted as opposed to other zombie games where they remain dormant.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-killing-grounds

This is the zombie mod. Pretty **** on it's own

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali/mods.html

Monster spawn is here. Replace the default monsterspawn ini with the one I provided and start the mutie in an eas local game and go for it

Attachments

• MonsterSpawn.rar
    2.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Yeah, the AI really haunts you (the small zombie-mini-me is quite fast and pesky) but the models are way too ugly and they don´t have attack animations as TWT, die too easy (doesn´t need headshots as TWTs) and as said before, sometimes too fast... if the KG Ai could be integrated to TWT zombies, it would be ubber!

But this workaround is a good routine break, thanks for the discovery Chuckus ;D

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Well I don't know if it's in the scripting or if it's because they set up in the "bot" class and they benefit from UT's inherent bot behaviour.

Maybe by making twt zombies bots rather than scripted pawns?

Health wise it's not hard to boost their hp. You can do it with monster spawn. EIther way I found out that killing floor was only 20 bucks on steam. I thought it was worth the purhcase. Lots of fun. All the gore and killing of Left 4 dead without the cheesy comments and lag due to bad video card :p

I wish I could try it with cooperative players although I have to say most people on KF are pretty good with team playing. Not very good on strategy though.

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
IT was a mod. But the retail is obviously more polished. Everything has iron sights now although no free aim or tactical reload.

mbs357

olol
Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
Hrm. I installed both mutators and inserted your ini, but when I run both the mutators together and start a game, I can't actually join because it ignores input from the mouse.

problem: ive installed everything and am running just monster spawn..ive checked the ini and it only has the zombie mut spawns but im still only getting unreal monsters in my game..what am i doing wrong? EDIT: i discovered the problem somewhere someone forgot to set monsterreplacement to true. i also had to go back to the older version found in the Jurassic pack

Last edited: