[Mutator]INF Ballistic Tweak

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
Corporal_Lib [BR] said:
Don, the Black Akmsu doesn´t work with IBT 1.11??? What muttie order should I use?
Outstanding work so far, Conglo!!! But how do we take that debug window, and are you leaving this project unfinished???

The black AK should work well with IBT, what are the symptoms?

Yes the debug window is something I left behind cuz I was still testing the stamina system, I sent you a very ugly version you know... I will remove it myself, Don watch for the file man I'll send it to you later...

And no... I'm not going to leave the project unfinished, there's still a lot to do, I just lack of spare time. You know when I started it I was on vacations, and now I'm not! However I'll try to finish it the sooner possible.

Last edited:

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
cool you are still here conglo.you didnt left for months again.

found issues.

m4 has more recoil crouch than stand up (debout).

magcheck says "mag is empty" when you empty the clip and reload.

i think that the PSG and the Robar scopes view dont move enough, the sway of the screen is too predictable. the ideal thing would be a more random move. these guns are heavy so they should more a little more.

its fantastic job.

ps: the view for famas number is 5.85.

for mp5 with eod its -3.00

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Col stuff.

Especially the jumping, really didn't expected that, awesome.

Yay for no more chatting :p.

I think the G3A3 has to much recoil now.

Move the G36K even more further, it still blocks to much view.

Aim dropping if hit is nice.

Bleeding is a nice idea, but the way it works ingame is annoying, the overdone red screen, the heavy sound, like this blood weights like a bunch of meat.
I also think it should happen not so often at all.

Suggestion for Magcheck: Isn't it possible to add a mag check on the fly? I mean hold down the reloading key and nothing happens, but the soldier tells you via letters about his impression, if the weapon feels lighter, or heavier.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Hum, mag check on the fly...hmm... I say no. As far as I know soldier do not estimate the number of rounds left only by the weight, for example they *feel* how strong the spring is when they push the upper rounds (wow, that sounds weird, but I hope ppl will get what I am talking of).

Anyway, i think judging from weight is already difficult enough when I hold something small like a magazine, judging the weight of some bullets while holding a weapon for some kilos...well, i think not that precise.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Who says something about exact bullet count? I think you can decide if the weapon feels heavier, or lighter, because a loaded weapon increase weight noticeably.

And I do not mean numbers that tell you 80% 50%, or 20% of weight, but just two infos, "heavy" for more than 50% of ammo in the magazine and "light" below 50%.

I wanted to suggest first taking out the magazine by holding the "reload key", where only one part of the animation is played (hand moves of the screen). When keeping the "reload key" held you hold the mag in the hand to guess, or see how many rounds are (no exact number of course) and when you release the "reload key" the animation completes by loading the magazine back into the weapon, while it is the same magazine, so you also wont hear the zipping sound of the pouch, that you usually hear when the guy takes a new mag.

But I thought that is to complicated and typed the simply version.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Conglomera said:
The black AK should work well with IBT, what are the symptoms?

The Black AKMSU doesn´t appears when I try to use a loadout configured with it... is there any specific order of placing it, or it´s already embebed in IBT 1.11 files???

And I haven´t seen any bleeding even when I shoot the bots legs... or bleeding effect on my screen when I´m hit! Maybe some other muttie loaded is annuling those features...

Ahhh, BTW, the ACOG+Supresser M4 doesn´t do the Magcheck!!! I´ll check if the M4+Light also doesn´t Magchecks...

Conglomera said:
And no... I'm not going to leave the project unfinished, there's still a lot to do, I just lack of spare time. You know when I started it I was on vacations, and now I'm not! However I'll try to finish it the sooner possible.
That´s definitely Good news! I´m loving your muttie, and the sounds are quite good! Keep up the good work and count on me as betatester..XD

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
Man there's no bleeding yet in IBT... and as I said before, Magcheck is not yet implemented for M4 and Micro UZI. Thanks for the comments!

Corporal_Lib [BR] : For black AKMSU, load the black AK mutator somewhere under INFBallisticTweak... That's maybe the reason.

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
This looks like a very promising mutator conglomera. But if you want it to be used online, you should make a list of what it modifies exactly, because i doubt any admin will want to use a mutator which seems to alter a lot of different parts of the game without knowing precisely what it does. Other than that, keep up the good work!

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
These are the muties i use currently:

InfTeamLocation.TeamLocationMut
UN_DecalStay.UN_DecalStay
InfMicrobulk.InfMicrobulk
INF_Bonus.INF_Bonus
InfModWeaponPack1.WeaponPack1
dukeXM8b.dukeXM8
INFwm_C7.INFw_C7Mutator
INF_BlackAKMSU.INF_BlackAKMSU
UN_HandgunFix.UN_HandgunFix
dukeNades_308.dukeNades
new40mm.new40mm
bulletsounds3.bulletsounds3
BSG3.BSG3
InfWeaponEnhancement.InfWeaponEnhancement
RealTargets.RealTargets

Do any of these conflict with IBT? Do i have to download any other muties to make IBT work? And where in the list should i place IBT?

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Where do I dl INF_PickupMenuFix??? I only have the .u file, so, it doesn´t appear in my muttie list selection ingame...

Well, it seems that DTAs 1.61 was causing CTD when I used it with Black Akmsu... {=( Deactivating DTAS, the Black Akmsu works fine..XD

Well, neither the M16A4 has Magcheck... the Crowse´s ressurected M3 has a model cut when you aim high, and I´m using OpenGl (not D3D) and Indeed, the ACOG recoil is higher when crouched... XD
And try to include Xm8 in Magcheck... it would be the same animation from G36K!!!
Ohhh, and now the snipers are reaaally deadly...sweeet

Nice work, Conclomera!!! ;-)

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Psychomorph said:
Who says something about exact bullet count? I think you can decide if the weapon feels heavier, or lighter, because a loaded weapon increase weight noticeably.

And I do not mean numbers that tell you 80% 50%, or 20% of weight, but just two infos, "heavy" for more than 50% of ammo in the magazine and "light" below 50%.

I wanted to suggest first taking out the magazine by holding the "reload key", where only one part of the animation is played (hand moves of the screen). When keeping the "reload key" held you hold the mag in the hand to guess, or see how many rounds are (no exact number of course) and when you release the "reload key" the animation completes by loading the magazine back into the weapon, while it is the same magazine, so you also wont hear the zipping sound of the pouch, that you usually hear when the guy takes a new mag.

But I thought that is to complicated and typed the simply version.

But this complicated version sounds MUCH better to me (though I still do not like features making it easier). Cause the other one ... well I read it as a *want that faster and easier*. Inf is hardly a challenge anyways as it is now when it comes to stuff like shooting and moving.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I prefer this "complicated" version too, but I thought I would be flamed again, because what I suggest is again so impossible to code, unbearable, ununderstandable, bad, evil, not gonna happen in 1000 years ever, whatever... and even worse.

Last edited:

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
I would put IBT on Riviera server, but looking at the readme, it needs few mutators in the System dir...
Does it mean i can run IBT without loading these mutator but just files to be present ?!

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
oooo. Not that its a bug, but due to the reduced jump height its now close to imposible to jump certain places in oder maps. IIRC there was a run and jump feature on SWNM or one of the other mutatuors.