Impact Hammer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Turns2Ashes said:
Or, what they could do is have the alt-fire able to collect shock beams that it blocks and store them in some energy cell. Then, when you've collected enough energy, you can blow yourself up with a redeemer-like explosion. ;)
Yeh that would be cool. OR perhaps use the energy for more damage with the impact. HUUUUUGE Hammer Jumps

-AEnubis- said:
I'm trying to equate it to something that difficult in this game... Imagine lift jumping, having a core thown at you, SG deflecting it, and comboing it in the face of the guy that shot it at you before you hit the ground. I'd imagine it was like that.
Now that would just be showing off :p
I never managed to pull of any deflections with the Impact Hammer... I only realised a few weeks ago that I could with a shieldgun. (I dont usually play NW's)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I really don't believe in luck, so you can imagine then (if you chock it solely up to chance) how difficult it is to arrange that scenario on purpose.

Basically, having the hammer ready, and making sure somone fires said projectiles at you, and then reacting to trajectory's wasn't easy. The biggest difficulty element in either equation being ensuring your opponent fired what you wanted at you.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
I have never played with anything else than my lovely shield gun to protect myself and to perform my lovely "monkey" shield gun jumps. Since it looks like that the Impact hammer is well known by most of you, is there anyone who can tell me if you can perform the same jumps as you can with a shield gun by using an Impact hammer?
And is the impact hammer as effective as a shield gun can be when you use it in a close combat attack?

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I guess we discussed it in another thread.... so I'll say it again, though you should search around and find out for yourself...

Yes, the Primary fire of the Shield Gun was directly inspired by the Impact hammer. You charge it, and release, sooner for less damage/height, later for more damage/height in jumps, and running with a full charge will autodischarge the hammer if it touches a player pawn, or pretty much anything that can take damage.

The IH in UT though was much more accurate in doing so. I hope that returns as well.

killalot0

May 26, 2005
what about a selfdistruct function, no need to get shocks and stuff to powerup,
just a 2 a 3 sec wait. Then boom and u'll blow up like a shock combo explosion. it can really be handy in some sitiuasions, but u wont win a match alone with it.