COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I don't mind the "small" maps, I just hope to see more normal servers that doesn't have 40-50 slots. **** this **** already.. and at least a new spawn system or maps that doesn't make the game so damn base-rape.

Mar 6, 2004
This could be great (multiplayer-wise) but I seriously, seriously doubt IW is going to seize the opportunity to make a great PC game. All the imbalances are likely to remain alongside the maps that are too f**king small to be anything more than a mindless spawn rape festival of boredom. Then again, with vehakals maybe they'll be big enough that people have room to move. I mean, damn -- can you imagine CoD4 with maps where an entire team isn't trapped in the corner the duration of a match?

One of the changes to "balance" they're making is to nerf the M16. This might be great for console since the game is super slow and the game's autoaim made it instagib, but the M16 was crappy enough on PC simply by being anything other than full-auto, so now it'll probably not be worth using at all. If they make more console-centric changes the game will be even worse than CoD4 as far as online balance is concerned. D:

Lol, get killed on your snow mobile by someone hiding in the trees camping. I can just see it now...

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
The m16 wasn't that good IMO, I prefered the MP5 as most of the levels are really tight.
That's the point. The gun wasn't that great to begin with and now they're nerfing it so it's even worse, all because a bunch of console tard whiners with their autoaim and camper gameplay wouldn't shut up about it.

This is the kind of crap that happens when game developers are too "busy" to properly balance a game on PC after building it for console play.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
lolol, the guy got served. And my post edited.
Thanks to him for making them viewable to me when GT was on maintenance.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
M16 was actually pretty good and while the two don't always sync, it was one of the top complained about weapons since it had a good shot at being a "one-hit" kill.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Me too. The other games were pretty much just about either trailer or very limited in-game footage.
What's that gun he's holding in the videos (with the radar attachment)? Anyone know? Nifty

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Anyone see the footage from the Gamespot stageshow yesterday? It was pretty sweet and reminiscent of the stealth levels in COD4. Two guys were assaulting a base in the middle of a snowstorm. Their guns were silenced and had flip out screens with heartbeat detectors on them.

Even if the multiplayer still degenerates into "trap the team in the corner" on half the maps, this game is going to be one of the best of the year.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
The game looks awesome. I liked a lot this stealth mission, with this sensor on the weapon. Heard it'll be a perk in multiplayer, now if the maps don't get much bigger it could be pretty useful. And soap looks badass, its awesome when he sticks the knife in the guys neck lol

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's Activision's fault. I don't want to pay ten bucks over the original prize it was when I'm paying for the same thing again with new maps/models/weapons/ETC. Feels like a dumb ripoff. Makes me wish they wouldn't see these 11.5 million sales as they predicted 2 months after release date.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
60 is a bit ridiculous, I definitely won't be paying that much.
The only game I ever paid that much for was 007 From Russia With Love, I was young :p

Wasn't worth it.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It's Activision's fault. I don't want to pay ten bucks over the original prize it was when I'm paying for the same thing again with new maps/models/weapons/ETC. Feels like a dumb ripoff.
Not to mention the game will probably not be balanced for PC and we probably won't see the same DLC. And if we do see the DLC it'll be released eight months after the consolers get it. That extra $10 gets us nothing at all.

PC gaming sucks. Everything is a console port now. D: