Things I noticed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2004
First I want to congratulate FMI for making a great mod. I've been playing UTXMP all night and it's definatly sparked my interest in the whole XMP realm once again.

Now admittedly I have only played as my usual gunner class, and I havn't read all the threads so some of the things I list may already be listed. If so, chalk it up as another point towards something that needs to be done.

1) Wall dodging. I can't seem to do the forward wall dodge where you double tap in to a wall to get the extra height in a jump. The rest work fine.

2) Class balance. The gunner seems to be up to par as it was in U2XMP (with the exception of the fire grenade, waaaayyy too powerful), yet the other classes seem too slow.

3) Teammate name tags. This is something that should be added big time. I went through alot of TKs (receiving and giving) because of this.

4) Vehicle camera. It's a pain in the ass to drive any vehicle because you have to constantly operate the mouse and directionals to keep a good view.

5) Turrets. They maintain the same team color of whoever entered it last, even if empty.

6) Class menu. There were a few occasions that even after picking a class, the menu stuck and the only means of a remedy was to exit and re-enter the game.

7) Conc jumping. Is this even possible? I tried it for a good while and was unable to do it in the same method as in U2XMP.

8) Hacking. Having to hold down the button to hack is a pain in the ass.

There might be more, but it's nearly 4 am and this is all I can think of off the top of my head after my play experience. I'm sure I'll be adding more to this as I find things. Just doing my part to try and make this game live up to it's potential.

edit: I noticed alot of people dislike the current hud, and while I think it's fine as is, it definatly has room for improvement. I don't find it confusing at all, but the original XMP hud did kick alot of ass. Also, I love the tracer on the tech assault rifle. Looks cool as hell. And I'm not sure why people say there's no tracer for the sniper rifle, I saw one.

edit2: After you kill someone, there seems to be a 50/50 chance that the body will lay down in death, then stand up again as if the person were revived, yet they will still be dead. And a side suggestion, I think arti-carriers should stand out more. In old XMP they had a bright glow that made them stick out big time with a trail of light following them if they had an arti, in this one I can't tell until I get close to the carrier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2004
well in the original you hit the hack button once and prayed no one shot you in the back of your head...and we are trying to make this as close to the original as possible right?

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
for over a year now i have to hold down the button to hack. when i release the button it stops hacking. this is playing with the standard keysettings though.

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
MurderousPandaa said:
edit: I noticed alot of people dislike the current hud, and while I think it's fine as is, it definatly has room for improvement. I don't find it confusing at all, but the original XMP hud did kick alot of ass. Also, I love the tracer on the tech assault rifle. Looks cool as hell. And I'm not sure why people say there's no tracer for the sniper rifle, I saw one.

edit2: After you kill someone, there seems to be a 50/50 chance that the body will lay down in death, then stand up again as if the person were revived, yet they will still be dead.

And a side suggestion, I think arti-carriers should stand out more. In old XMP they had a bright glow that made them stick out big time with a trail of light following them if they had an arti, in this one I can't tell until I get close to the carrier.

1) The problem ppl have with the techs tracers is that the gun has a high rof and if a few techs are fighting each other its all u can see on the screen :p. People were complaining about the rangers tracers cos it can only be seen from a 3rd party only ... i'm assuming... cos i'm sure i've seen snipers tracers shooting at me, but i can't see tracers when i shoot. Same with tech assault rifle

2) known

2.5) They have a massive sparkly thing on top of their head already... kind of stands out to me. Saying that, making them glow would be a nice addition. The arti-trail is in the offline mode i've noticed-- when a bot carries 1 inside a vehicle at least although I could be mistaken :E

---------

on a side note, U2XMP has always had u hold use to hack something as far as i can remember

Last edited:

Asta

Big NooB
Apr 28, 2004
cyb said:
for over a year now i have to hold down the button to hack. when i release the button it stops hacking. this is playing with the standard keysettings though.

the "f" key is when you have to hold down
pressing the "enter" key you don't have to hold it down.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
Asta said:
the "f" key is when you have to hold down
pressing the "enter" key you don't have to hold it down.

aha, my 'use'-key is 'enter'. that would explain it.

Dec 4, 2004
Dubious said:
Pretty much everything on your list (other than opinionated statements) already appear in the Known Bugs List. Please reference this.

Panda said:
Now admittedly I have only played as my usual gunner class, and I havn't read all the threads so some of the things I list may already be listed. If so, chalk it up as another point towards something that needs to be done.
kthxbai

And about the hacking, I had no idea that hacking worked any other way than just hitting the button once and letting it sit until it was done. Nifty.

Dec 4, 2004
Also, there was an occasion when I played earlier today that when I spawned, all the other players and player operated vehicles were invisible(on the radar and normal view) yet they could obviously see me fine since I got killed. Player sounds (like jump jets) still worked while this happened.

Dec 4, 2004
I was playing on that "Fox" map earlier, and planted two laser mines on a raptor. One was misplaced on the side of the raptor (it was stuck on the left side door with a laser pointing to a nearby pillar) and one was intentionally placed under the front (from the ground to the bottom of the raptor). The idea is the age old trick of the car exploding when someone tried to get in and take off with it...all irrelevant. The bug is that the car door mine exploded and pushed the raptor away from the laser mine under the car, yet the mine under the car didn't explode and the raptor was still in one piece. On top of this, when I tried to walk where the raptor originally was, the game wouldn't allow me to as if the raptor were still there.

So in short, try placing a laser mine under a raptor and see if you get the same results.

edit: the laser beam from the mine under the car was short. it was as if the car was still there, but you could clearly see it wasn't. I did not try entering the "ghost vehicle".

Dec 4, 2004
The gunner flamethrower napalm does not disappear regardless of time or being triggered by a player stepping on it. Also when using napalm, a flame animation will shoot from the gunner as if he were using the normal flamethrower while napalm still comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.