No bug fixes for 1 week...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
FMI is probably working on a few major bugs that are giving them trouble. I wanted to ask FMI myself which bugs they are working on that's holding them back.

And by chance if they haven't been working on bugs, if they might want to release patch 1b especially when things have stagnated for over 1 week.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
kino.gif

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Well they've promised "gold edition" in mars so Im just gonna go with the flow, grab some popcorn and wait silently :).

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
When its done
kino.gif
!

Just be patient :)! There s a crapload of games out there which you can enjoy until the next patch or the final Version of UTXMP is released.
I ll rather wait for a good and working update than for another thing like the Mine Node Crash Bug.

BTW thats quite good Popcorn Cyb ;).

[pet]robot

Jan 1, 2005
Considering that FMI announced this mod last April, I don't think its unreasonable for people to be getting tired of being told to "Wait till the next patch/final version". I personally would rather have a ton of patches released every week than silence and then a patch coming out of nowhere. You know this all started when FMI picked vD to be the only group to test this. MODs stay alive when all people are allowed to help out; I haven't even seen a call for people with skillz to help out, not that i can, i have no skillz....

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
disclaimer:: don't listen to robot, he broke his ribs at a snowboarding thingee last week and has all kinds of medications, his opinion does not reflect that of pet and/or a sane person. the only part the resemebles the truth is the fact that he has no skillz, which is a lie because he can bitch like a pro. /end disclaimer.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
[pet]robot said:
You know this all started when FMI picked vD to be the only group to test this. MODs stay alive when all people are allowed to help out; I haven't even seen a call for people with skillz to help out, not that i can, i have no skillz....

FMI released an open beta for this very reason which resulted in a horde of whiners making a bunch of "omf this crap isnt EXACTLY like xmp it sux!" threads.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
[pet]robot said:
You know this all started when FMI picked vD to be the only group to test this. MODs stay alive when all people are allowed to help out; I haven't even seen a call for people with skillz to help out, not that i can, i have no skillz....
AHAHAHAHAHAHA *snort* *snort HAHAHA *snort*

If you had even TRIED looking around, there were far more beta testers than just vD. Now, granted, they were the only entire clan, but they were the only clan of entirely U2XMP beta testers as well. And maybe, just maybe, FMI wanted someone with intelligence instead of skill.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
fireball raises a good point, but judging on the current president that is running our country, intelligence is no longer important in decision making.

[pet]robot

Jan 1, 2005
well thanks for the input, still im done with utxmp. i guess ill check back when its done, cause this waiting around for patch blah and blah has gotten old.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
PETsnake said:
fireball raises a good point, but judging on the current president that is running our country, intelligence is no longer important in decision making.
Glad Snake sees what's wrong with the world.

Hint: it's not that utxmp isn't finished yet.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
fireball said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA *snort* *snort HAHAHA *snort*

If you had even TRIED looking around, there were far more beta testers than just vD. Now, granted, they were the only entire clan, but they were the only clan of entirely U2XMP beta testers as well. And maybe, just maybe, FMI wanted someone with intelligence instead of skill.

are you sliming up to the vodoo team, or to fmi?

thing is they should've made the beta open from start, what's the difference?

closed beta with 50 players or open beta with 100 players?

but anyways it's open now but for some reason i don't see any off the so called beta testers on the main servers trying to keep the game alive.

Now who are the real supporters of fmi then

the ones that try and scrim between clans, the ones that go on servers and play, i even saw snake in rgb once, he's the perfect example of someone trying to keep it alive while
and i'm sorry to say this
the beta testers are not.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
Jubei said:

No they shouldn't. First you have a small closed Beta to catch all the obvious bugs then you move on to an open Beta for the more obscure ones. If FMI released an open Beta from the start then there would of been twice as many Wah Wah threads.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Jubei said:
are you sliming up to the vodoo team, or to fmi?
Neither, I'm insulting the idiots who can't figure out what's wrong with a universal beta.
Jubei said:

closed beta with 50 players or open beta with 100 players?
Closed beta with 50 people who know what they're doing or open beta with 100 whiners?
Jubei said:
Now who are the real supporters of fmi then

the ones that try and scrim between clans, the ones that go on servers and play, i even saw snake in rgb once, he's the perfect example of someone trying to keep it alive while
and i'm sorry to say this
the beta testers are not.
They did their job. They played the closed beta and they DID NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THINGS THAT DIDN'T WORK YET BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT WASN'T DONE.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
fireball said:
Neither, I'm insulting the idiots who can't figure out what's wrong with a universal beta.

Closed beta with 50 people who know what they're doing or open beta with 100 whiners?

They did their job. They played the closed beta and they DID NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THINGS THAT DIDN'T WORK YET BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT WASN'T DONE.
AMEN, Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.