bots are great!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chickenfatty

Dec 11, 2004
Bots for me tend to mill around the base deploy point and refuse to move out, despite my pushing them in the lava and shooting them in the faces.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
I bet you could hack in assault paths for each energy source / deploy point / artifact node and that would give the bots the best map ever to your map. I've done some good bot pathing before (path nodes + assault paths + TransLoc targets + Jump Targets + other Nav Points, the whole lot) but I got bored. Now I find bot pathing to be boring and tedious. One of the reasons I switched generally from UT2k4 Mapping to XMP was because I didn't have to botpath anything. Well, I guess that's over. :rolleyes:

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
Andr01d said:
The only way bots can function in a game is as cannon fodder. I don't think they will be able to form any kind of challenge in a singleplayer game (unless they have mad aiming skilzz :p)

Try a game with 32 bots on godlike with auto-adjust and with the mutator 'Arena' set on the Shieldgun only.

[_X_]BULLDOG

Jul 23, 2004
Andr01d said:
Nah i dont think so. depends on what map you play.. but 2 vs 2 can be pretty much fun :).. At least, funner than a lagging server ..

2 v 2 nah thats no fun at all, you can spend 3/7 mins looking for ppl to kill on a map if you just like to just run around thats up to you, well its ok for a newbes,
but like me and most of the ppl play xmp like a good fight with lots of players, not just run about looking for ppl.
or is it just you dont like to get killed, so you play 2 v 2 ???......lol

anyway with the bots its only experimental, and the game is just a beta,in 2 or 3 weeks FMI say there will be a patch i hope then it will fixs lots of the bugs ;)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
They are cool :D hopefully down the road later they can hack, get arti's, kill good etc...they are easy :( i like being red on nakoja and poping their heads off at the base using the cruikid(sp) scope :D (btw the headshot part doesn't work ever :( )

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
What about adding an "attitude" or whatever setting of the bots like in Jailbreak ie. offensive/ defensive etc and some bot commands like they have in 2k4 but changed a little ie. (finctionary menu)x/5/3 would be "Zelius we need energy"

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
i'm sorry to say this

but

making work of the bots now isn't a high priority thing for the monkeys and i can't understand why they bother with it ffs

get the game balanced and right first before you start dreaming about good teammates that are a.i. controlled

what the hell is wrong with you all?

no offense though

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
i think the bots are fine IMO
having had a browze through the maps its the bot pathing thats a little basic its well done but its basic of course i dunno what the deal is with bots in vehicles whether vehicle paths would work, FMI would prolly need to make some new path node types for hacking things i presume i am sure they will work on that when they fix up the main bit tho, their are prolly other scripting features behind the bots too so i am sure FMI is tweaking those too.
FMI has more to deal with on thier plate then crappy bots and according to FMI bug fixes
bot games are usefull for the noobs IMO so they can get to grips with the classes vehicles and hacking
and anyway from FMI bug fix list
09/01 1337 h4x0r b075

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Do any of you people do programming?
Seriously. Unless FMI chooses to ignore the bots entirely (which is possible for the next few patches since I'm not sure they're high priority), they will improve. Fixing basic issues in the game itself can improve them as well as they're less erroneous information to deal with.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
I agree that the bots are great, if only for one thing: finding mapholes. I have found so many mapholes in Utxmp simply by watching the bots get stuck in them. It's f'n hilarious :)

]Vik[

tera
Jul 10, 2004
Ger
www.tera-gaming.de
it´s fun to play with them on kaminari , they are snipinig you through the distance fog and it´s nearly impossible to reach their front base deploy :(
but it´s a lot of fun :D :biggrin2: :)

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
]Vik[ said:
it´s fun to play with them on kaminari , they are snipinig you through the distance fog and it´s nearly impossible to reach their front base deploy :(
but it´s a lot of fun :D :biggrin2: :)
OMF
teh bots are using the anti-fog or radar h@x?!?!