UT 2k3/2k4 RainbowSix mute would like some testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
Some bugs:

Dragunov scope makes the map extremely bright.
You can't get the M9 via loadout menu.

If I may make a suggestion for the grenades.. I think you should make a bit more shrapnel fly out :p

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
If you still have rogue spear installed on your PC i'd suggest you download Sputnik Sattelite's weapons mod. I think that is the best R6 texturing job I've seen.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
chuckus said:
*BUMP*

Just curious as to whether or not this mod is progressing :) I like the idea a lot.

@chuckus: I tried the sputnik satellite mod, yeah that was pretty cool. They used photos of the weapons for the skins, which is fine for the third person models, but i was never able to get it to look quite right for the first person models (normally not high enough resolution for the parts of the model closest top the player's view)

Oh yeah :) The mod is progressing. I have gotten a lot of good feedback and been able to fix a bunch of bugs in it. Hopefully I wil be able to put out another version in the next two weeks. A quick list of the changes include:
- Muzzle flash problem all fixed in both third person and first person views.
- TD gun mute Mutator separated into two mutators: the weapons and the players. Weapon mute simply gives everybody the default hk usp pistol and changes all of the map weapons to TD weapons. Player mute is what allows you to select your player class and weapon loadout during the game.
- More schrapnel added to grenades.
- g36 now a bit less accurate than the m16 a1
- extra deathmatch entries removed (had to delete two entries in the dang .ucl file and int)
- Tried to fix some of the weapons skins( lightened, highlights added), specifically, mp5 smgs and g3, mk23 grip, m9, m14.
- I think i fixed the crashing issue, but 2k4 does not seem to like me as much as 2k3 did. have to test some more.

A few more changes I need to make before releasing next version though are:
- Fix mutator config menu to allow the player to decide which TD weapons replace which UT2k4 weapons (or 2k3 weapons)
- Increase leaning distance to make it more useful
- Add the Hummer back to 2k4 (currently it is only in the 2k3 version right now).
- Fix initial loadout problem
- Finish weapon icons

If anyone else has anything they would like to see, please email me. I am very open to suggestions for the mutator.
A few other ideas I was thinking about were:
- Projectile bullets (as opposed to instant hit), I may include it as an mute option, would force player to lead targets.
- Muzzle climb, ie: with each shot, the player's screen would go up a bit (this is kind of a "why didn't i do it before?" thing).
- More player camo patterns and some tangos
- A few more weapons, maybe. (famas and sig550 are just lying around right now)

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
When are you going to have a RE-release, the version on your website, is the same one i tested, unless you didnt rename the newer one, or its not done yet :D

Ill still Beta test it when you update.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I'd like to have more movement restrictions like in R6. I know the INF community HATES movement restrictions for strafing but the hardocre slow strafe in R6 forced you to play slowly. I'd like to see that in the mute also.. that's about all I can think of. To celebrate the end of the semester I'm gonna get drunk and play TD for 6 hours straight. I'll report back anything else :D

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
i cant wait for your next release :) my only complaint so far is that the bodies disappear too quicly (or is that just my settings? ive got the same settings for UT2k3 but when you die your body disappears after aboout 3 secs of dying...) also i dont know whats happening, but i only seem to be able to use the usp unsuppressed no matter what i choose in the menu... a grenade 1st person model would be nice too ;) and some animations for things like reloading would make my day for your mute :D nonetheless its good work and ive got to say that this mod is way fun :D ! good work!

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@Bushwack: The new version is not up yet. I will post here when I put the new version up (it will probably be named version 118 or 119). Should be in about a week or two (school really has me tied up just at the moment)

@chuckus: were there any mutes for inf that slowed down the player strafe speed? Unless I can figure out a really tricky way to code it, it is very difficult to slow down the strafing speed since the maximum player speed is handled by the unreal engine's native code (which we do not have any access to). I will still look into it, and if it is possible, add it as an option. BTW when is your semester up?

@ Dr J: I will try to add a setting for how long the bodies stay around if possible (I don't remember if it is a karma constant or not). Did you try hitting the pistol selection key twice? By default, the mute gives you the usp, but if you select another sidearm in the menu, you should be able to select it by hitting the pistol key once or twice (bound to key "2" by default i think). I will be changing this in the next version to allow easier switching. Currently all of the primary weapons should either be bound to key "1" (if using the mute) or key 4, 6 or 7 (if you summoned the weapon). To cycle through your currently held primary weapons, just keeep hitting the assigned key. As for reload anims, those may take awhile :( I think I can add them to the pistols with relative ease (since I actually included finger bones in the new animations) but the rifle will take a bit longer. I do plan on a first person model for the grenades though.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
First of all thanks for all the feedback everyone! It was very much appreciated!
New Version 118 of both the UT2k3 and UT2k4 versions are up now. around 9Mb download. Follow the link in my signature and go down to downloads or follow these links.
UT2k3version 118: http://students.washington.edu/mpeckabl/UTStuff/TangoDown2k3ModAlpha118_nonumod.zip
UT2k4version 118: http://students.washington.edu/mpeckabl/UTStuff/TangoDown2K4ModAlpha118_nonumod.zip

Quicklist of changes:
- Flashlight added
- Separate mutators for using weapons or players
- NVGs now have to recharge between uses. (55 seconds max before recharge)
-Increased leaning distance
-Frag grenades have more flak
-M1911, FAMAS added
-Fixed bug where you could not join a normal UT2k4 server after installing mod (dang .upl files )
-most weapon Skins updated.

IF YOU MADE YOUR OWN SOUNDPACK backup your eckgun2kstat.ini first. Once you install the new version of the mod, you can copy your new sound properties into the new .ini file.

Other changes listed in the readme file in the help directory. (read this!!! very imortant keybinding info)

@ Dr J: I tried to fix the ragdoll bug you mentioned (works fine in single player now lasts for around 50 seconds) and added a config menu to the damage mutator so you will probably want to re downlaod this new version.

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
i downloaded tango down v118 a couple of days ago and all i can say is that ive been doing nothing except playing it on deathmatch with bots whenever i get the chance :) its really good meowcat! actually the only problem ive got so far is that the flashlight shines on you as well, lighting you up too :p (though the slightly irritating part is that you see your hands light up in first person) the nvg is good too, though since the flashlight tends to make the other guy glow, i tend to use that ;)

its classic rainbow six action on UT maps. i love it :)

though a suggestion is that for team games (ie tdm, dom, deathball, ctf, etc) you set a specific camo for each team... i tend to kill my team in face when im using sniper rifles since the team beacons dont work at that distance :p

oh yeah, a smaller crosshair would be nice too :)

Last edited:

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
i found a bug of sorts, i cant get the controls to bind through the keybind menu interface, i double click like normal, and nothing happens, i cant set any keys., so i cant stance down, reload, toggle NV, etc.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@Bushwack: sorry for the probs. which version of TD(2k3 or 2k4)? If it is the 2k4 version, you usually only click once in the key field then hit whichever key you want. I tried to repeat the problem myself but could not. The other thing to try would be to uninstall the mod (at least the .u, .ucl, and .int files) then reinstall the mod. If you did not uninstall the old version first, there might be some conflicts.

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
i just installed 118 over 117 and the same when i installed 117.... but i used the zip for 118. for installing 116 and 117 i used the umod.

oh yeah meowcat, with the zip, itd be better if you just ahve the folder structures in UT2003 and take out the tango down folder - this makes unzipping the whole thing a lot easier.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
ok, even if the case is that you click only once, it still should reset itself to the mouse button then on the double click, ill try reinstalling it and see if it corrects the problem.....

<edit> ok, i uninstalled everything, reinstalled, and i got a little more binds to go through, but still not all of them will bind, the crouch, prone, etc, still arent able to be bound, this is on Ut2k4

Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Still at work right now but just saw the update. sounds great. I can't wait to give it a try. i'll give you some feedback about the changes once I've given a good testing.

Keep up the great work.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I just downloaded this mod. Can i install it in the same manner as other mods?
So i'd like to make a RainbowSix folder in ut2004 first and then unzip all files in that directory. Rather than unzipping all files in regular ut2004 folders.
Will it work then?

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@ bushwack: Sorry for all the trouble with the bindings. I don't quite know what could be causing the conflicts but you could try to bind the keys manually. For instance to bind stance down to the "z" key open the console and type: set input z GoDown
GoDown is the name of the exec function. The other exec functions (and buttons) are:
ReloadThisGun
NextFireMode
CheckZoom
GoDown
StanceUp
TDCrouch | button bDuck
Jump | button bClimb
Use
button bC4Dash
button bLeanLeft
button bLeanRight
toggleview
toggleviewrot
ToggleNVG
ToggleLight
mutate showtdmenu
mutate showTDAdminMenu

@zeep: Unfortunately no (but possibly yes if you edit your UT2004.ini file).

I made it to be a regular set of mutators (as opposed to a TC) so you have to install/unzip it in the root ut2004 directory and it will then place all of the resource files in the standard locations. I included a list of all the files contained in the mutator in the TangoDownManifest.ini file (system directory)

However I think you could install it in a separate RainbowSix folder within the UT2004 folder IF you add a few resource file paths to the UT2004.ini (in the [Core.System] section). The added paths would probably look like:

Paths=../RainbowSix/System/*.u
Paths=../RainbowSix/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../RainbowSix/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../RainbowSix/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../RainbowSix/Animations/*.ukx

However I have not tested this (although it worked for the original UT)

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
i dont think that irons sights will be involved with this mod, since its a tribute to rainbow six, and there were never iron sights in rainbow six :p

that being said, an inf 2.9 lite would be very cool.