Reviving the engine, looking for C++ hackers!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
SDLDrv looks fairly broken in windowed mode. There's no mouse capture, and the menu pointer with absolute positioning simply doesn't work. Fullscreen works fine, though.

Sounds more like a DInput problem. This is a common problem in every UE game under linux.

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
So we finally had a moment to play a couple of games at the office, on a variety of Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Ubuntu laptops. It looks like the simple timing workaround results in noticeable improvement all around. :)

There's an issue with the Linux build where it occasionally craps out, because it's having trouble finding packages. But whenever I fix that, I think I will try putting up some binaries.

Sounds more like a DInput problem. This is a common problem in every UE game under linux.

The Windows SDL binaries I'm also experimenting with have the same problem. So I'm more inclined to think SDLDrv is the problem.

sxxxe83

Aug 29, 2010
Any news on the work?
Have you ported other versions (v3.1/3.6) of the OpenGL Renderer?