Thermal Vision

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark[NSF]

Northwest Secessionalist Forces
I was looking around on the wiki and found this:

ZTest must equal false on the texture for this to work
Code:
    foreach DynamicActors(class'pawn', p)
    {
        if ( p != playerowner.pawn )
        {
            p.SetOverlayMaterial(FinalBlend'XGameShaders.ModuNoise',0.75, false);
        }
    }

I slapped it in my HUD and I could see the pawns directly through BSP, karma actors, but not statics... Which is why I am here. Is there anyway I could see through statics?? I want to be able to see the pawn through anything.

And if not is there any other way I might be able to accomplish this effect?

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Are the static meshes covered with a texture that has an alpha channel? Extra alpha channels (especially in textures of objects that are in front of others) seem to cause a lot of weird overdraw problems.

Also a potential problem in that code (that I have yet to find a solution to) is that when the overlay material is set on a listen server, that overlay is replicated to the client computers regardless of whether or not they have thermal vision turned on.