what kind of mutators will be in UTXMP when its released?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
-Sniper Turrets would be seriously spam gay tastic. LOL it would be like having 13 aimbots.
:sniper:

-Gas Turrets are spamtastic as well, but fun. I played in this one server that was playing a really simple small map with "man cannons" that fire you around. Hide Gas Turrets everywhere and the ground becomes foggy! I'm okay with them although they are definitely not good for comp. play.

-There needs to be a low grav mutator.

-ELD: Extended Lawn Darts!!

-NoEnergyMut: No energy depletion, therefore turning XMP into more of a 4 flag CTF match. And turret fest. There should be a configurable limit for deployables.

-FullAmmoMut: Infinite Ammo. Some restrictions apply.

-NoArtyMut: No artifact nodes, therefore turning XMP into an energy survival battle.

-ArtifactCombos: It would be cool if you could temporarily "combine" artifacts to create new vehicles or superpowers or something. 3 players carrying artys could "merge" into an energy entity or something. :hmm:

-Jetpack: OMG instantly turn XMP into Tribes, lol.

-AlienGuns: Add the Drakk and alien weapons!!! (i.e. Spider Gun / Drakk Laser)
-Alternatively, you could create a new class.

-HeadshotOnly: Headshots are instant kills, and are the only type of hit allowed

-InstagibSniper: Instagib Sniper Rifle

-InstagibRocket: Instagib Rocket Launcher

-FasterVehicles: Self Explanatory

-SuicideRaptors: Remember this mutator? LOL.

-FoggyZone: Extremely Dense Fog fills the map. Artifact Carriers and vehicles light up the fog like lighthouses.

-Doom3Mut: Complete darkness. Everyone gets a flash light they can switch on/off.

-BottomFeeder: Lowest Score player gets random speed/strength/defense/etc. boosts

-UTXMP-RPG: Ever play UT2004/03 RPG?

Those are my current suggestions...

:)

Last edited:

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Sniper Turrets - WTF....

Gas Turrets - Dear God No...only skill less players like that idea. ;)

Lowgrav - eh, could be fun

NoEnergyMut - you want CTF? go play CTF. :p

ArtifactCombos - again, wtf?

NoArtyMut - Someone made a map like this... yeah, it sucked. you ever actually try to win by energy starving? ;)

Jetpack - Tribes, yay!

AlienGuns - talked about alot durin u2xmp beta... nothing ever came of it though :(

HeadshotOnly - *coughaimbotcough*

Instagib...naaw, not an xmp thing. I love the intense fights that arise in xmp. :D

the rest...all interesting...I just got lazy adding my opinion.

oh, ELD is a must, however.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Xaero said:
Sniper Turrets - WTF....
lol. they would really suck.

Gas Turrets - Dear God No...only skill less players like that idea. ;)
Its a fun spam fest! Its a mutation, at any rate...

NoEnergyMut - you want CTF? go play CTF. :p
But I want CTF with 4 flags and XMP stuff! ;)

ArtifactCombos - again, wtf?
Okay that was a screwy idea. :/

NoArtyMut - Someone made a map like this... yeah, it sucked. you ever actually try to win by energy starving? ;)
Maybe if it was like Domination in UT1 with, say, 3 energy sources.

AlienGuns - talked about alot durin u2xmp beta... nothing ever came of it though :(
I know someone did the Tosc arm gun thing, but it isn't as good as it should be. TAKKRA WARS!!!!!!

HeadshotOnly - *coughaimbotcough*
Yep. Interesting with bots though 'cause bots don't bot like humans bot.

Instagib...naaw, not an xmp thing. I love the intense fights that arise in xmp. :D
It could be interesting with lowgrav...
I like the intense fights, too.
Strange thing happened today.
I played UT2004 DM for a while, got warmed up.
I switch to U2XMP and all of a sudden I grab the arty and make a headshot on an enemy arty carrier while dodging backwards and he dodges to the side.
Call me a liar but I'm sure UT2004 improved my XMP Frag skills.

oh, ELD is a must, however.
Go Lawn Darts!!! Make bridges and towers and stuff...Pin people in their vehicles to the floor, lol.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Nice attempt at quoting :D, ever think to try the quote/unquote method.... lol, because it leads to fun quoting.

T-Shinzon said:
-Jetpack: OMG instantly turn XMP into Tribes, lol.

there is already a jetpack mutator :D:lol: just needs to be tweaked. get that here.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
no gas turrets
artifact powers, only differant rather then the holder getting the effects the whole team gets it once its capped
a no grenade mutator
lawn darts :D
a few other gametypes like UT bunny track (you start at one ned of the map and go through a number of obsticals to reach the end where the node and 1 artifact will be)
i was thinking about the RPG idea but prolly wont work
u dont need no arti mute

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
T-Shinzon said:
-Gas Turrets are spamtastic as well, but fun. I played in this one server that was playing a really simple small map with "man cannons" that fire you around. Hide Gas Turrets everywhere and the ground becomes foggy! I'm okay with them although they are definitely not good for comp. play.
You're kidding me, someone is USING that mutator?

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
NoArtyMut - Someone made a map like this... yeah, it sucked. you ever actually try to win by energy starving?

Man get over it already :p