Unreal 1 Models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

scenedave

Jul 7, 2004
Hi,

Call me old but I've been revisiting some of the original Unreal sites and see that most of them have gone. :(

I've lost most of my Unreal 1 files and I need some stuff for a project based on Unreal 1. I'm looking for the models and animations that were on Dave Carter's Nervedamage site.

I was wondering if anyone either knows where I could find them to download or indeed if someone could mail them to me?

Thanks in anticipation

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I have 4 models, female based on a female rock group.
they only work in unreal 220.

I have the Athena model. There is a special Skaarj model with independent AI not needing pathnodes.

I havent seen really a lot of custom models for unreal.

scenedave

Jul 7, 2004
Unreal1 Models

Must be showing my age here.
The models I refer to were the actual models used by Epic in the first game. Not custom models or skins but the actual models with some animations (from memory)

The site www.nervedamage.com (no longer active) was run by Dave Carter who was one of the original games modellers...

Surely someone out there remembers :)

scenedave

Jul 7, 2004
dinwitty said:
I have some of the models someone posted, maybe it was dave
to help with skinning, using original 3ds models, the skins would work on the ingame models.

Are they on your site? :)

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
no, but I could post them up, been thinking about backing up a bunch of unreal stuff on my site like a bunch of the SP campaigns because other sites keep dissappearing. Including stuff from house of style which is gonners.

I found painter3D to do the skinning.
there might be other apps out there to do it.

Last edited:

scenedave

Jul 7, 2004
dinwitty said:
no, but I could post them up, been thinking about backing up a bunch of unreal stuff on my site like a bunch of the SP campaigns because other sites keep dissappearing. Including stuff from house of style which is gonners.

I found painter3D to do the skinning.
there might be other apps out there to do it.

If you're thinking of doing that I suggest you head over to www.unrealized.com and get some stuff from there before that vanishes forever as well if you're interested.

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Visit site
ive been checking the site in the web archive and i never knew the unreal animations were available in 3ds format :eek:

i would be interested in checking them out too, although they are from 1999 so i dont think they will run under max5 :(

scenedave

Jul 7, 2004
Turboman said:
ive been checking the site in the web archive and i never knew the unreal animations were available in 3ds format :eek:

i would be interested in checking them out too, although they are from 1999 so i dont think they will run under max5 :(

I think you'll find that the .3ds importer plugins will bring them in for you ;)

scenedave

Jul 7, 2004
Turboman said:
no i was more speaking of the animated bones from the unreal creaturesfor 3dsmax character studio, may have read that wrong but they seem to be (used to be) available on that site.

Well animated bones are saved in .3ds but 3DStudio (not MAX) never had anything like CS so that is not an issue.

There are some basic animations attached to the files on the Polycount site
under the UT Player model files here

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/resources/unreal/tools.shtml

I've got some Paul Steed .bip files from Quake3 but I'm not sure where they came from

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I have the girl1, girl2, male1, male2, male3 2 separate zips on each
having the anims for each as well in the 3ds formmmat and the max format
for the anims.

I have the skaarj and the trooper and the brute also, no anims.

I am going to make an unreal resource page on my site, so hang on, I''ll make something decent.

scenedave

Jul 7, 2004
dinwitty said:
I have the girl1, girl2, male1, male2, male3 2 separate zips on each
having the anims for each as well in the 3ds formmmat and the max format
for the anims.

I have the skaarj and the trooper and the brute also, no anims.

I am going to make an unreal resource page on my site, so hang on, I''ll make something decent.

That's what I had. I didn't have the brute mesh but I had the anim for the skaarj.

I'll look forward to seeing your page.