Why aren't you playing right now?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why aren't you playing UT3 instead of reading this?

• Total voters

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Get a spam account and sent all interbutts spam there. I use Gmail for that and it works well. Everything that I must register for gets that account rather than the one I actually use for important stuff.
Same. Is the myth that email accounts are hard to come by still floating around or something? I have several dozen email accounts for various things.

On a side note, the email I registered for UT3 with has had zero spam in it so far.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
You forgot the "can't play, game crashes to desktop constantly" option :p

Come to think of it, there should also be an "i am playing it offline" option.
Then you wouldn't be on the forums...

And even if you have 2 PCs, 1 playing UT3, and 1 on BeyondUnreal -- still doesn't count -- you're obviously using the BU one to read this.

As for crashing to desktop... UT3 is pretty stable...

Or at least it was very stable as soon as I upgraded my drivers to (for nVidia, 169.28)

The only other error I had was CLR Runtime Error... that (as I found out last week -- when I had massive data corruption across all 3 harddrives) was caused by a bad mobo {hard drive controller chip}...

Are you sure your computer isn't to blame, and UT3's the only program that uses said broken part/driver in such a way to make it crash?

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I'm eating.

Also I don't have it yet, though I've ordered it a good few days ago (Edit: Exactly one week, now that I checked).

I actually bought 2 copies. I first ordered the regular one but then they lowered the price of the special edition, so f' it, seconds please.

Last edited:

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Same. Is the myth that email accounts are hard to come by still floating around or something? I have several dozen email accounts for various things.

On a side note, the email I registered for UT3 with has had zero spam in it so far.

I'm betting you have a different email account for different sexual fetishes.

I'm not playing UT3 because I decided not to buy it based on the demo. Which was rubbish.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I'm too tired from work to actually be able to play the game well, so I am sitting on BUF posting.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
My reason is not there, and that is that i just don't have much fun with the game types currently available. Make me some Assault so I can have fun and get used to the game play then move on. As it is, i got no "in".

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
My framerates often fall into the teens which can be very frustrating in such a fast-paced game. I know I've lost many a confrontation because of it. My UT3 playing has basically shrunken down to FragBU and playing w/the Ci guys. If I want to hop into a game for some fun pubbing, I load up TF2.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So I never understood that whole notion of "whining on forums instead of playing" thing.

Quoted for damn truth.
If we don't like the god damn console game we just don't play it, and brag 15 minutes about it.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
You left a lot of important options out... like the most obvious, that the game isn't very good.

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
I'm mapping right now

I only play with my mates because i dont like game without at least some little teamplay. VCTF-Containment almost impossible to win if you trying to cap flag alone.

90% of populated CTF servers are instagib. Thats why hard find interesting CTF match. But i'm trying :)

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Cause certain things about the game sucks. Also you suck at making polls. ;)

Quoted for damn truth.
If we don't like the god damn console game we just don't play it, and brag 15 minutes about it.

Actually what dub was saying is he doesn't understand why people say that line. I don't either. If I don't like the game I'll whine about it all I want because I spent money on it and also because I'm a UT fan. :p

Last edited:

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
Also you suck at making polls. ;)
And you suck at reading :eek:

The question is not if you play/like or not the game (this has been debated until the horse is dead), the question is why are you in this forum righ now instead of playing.

Why you rather talk about UT3 than play UT3?

The poll is ok because it takes into account every reason why somebody could be on this forum instead of playing in the very seconds you're reading here.
So it cannot include things like "I'm playing offline" or "I'm playing TF2" or "I'm ****ing my girlfriend" (unless she's doggy style and you've got your laptop on her back).
Play UT3 on console is there though, because we all know that playing a console does not take attention/effort/skill whatsoever and you could be easily doing it with one hand without looking at the TV - and posting here at the same time.

And of course "the game sux" is not included either because otherwise you would not be on this forum. And don't talk about the "15 minutes brag" because you and Kantham aren't in this forum from 15 minutes.