NPC AI scripting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cyrsss Female Dog

..Submarine..
Nov 26, 2005
Desk
I have NPC's (non player characters) within a SP I am finishing and have a question about the AI (if it exists) scripting.

I need an NPC to either run left OR right at the end of a corridor depending on an outcome/Event I created.

I have tried the Action_IFCONDITION script,tried including Action_ENDSECTION,but the NPC either stops or runs one way(regarding that outcome/Event).

Is it that when they're scripted they only follow commands,zero to whatever..or can a scripted NPC be able to follow one Event,ignore the next,if asked to,and follow the other after?
I do understand the action_GOTOACTION procedure but cannot work out how to 'AI' it to 'think'.

I do hope someone could help.

Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
You could script a custom node point that can be triggered to "point" left or right to the next pathnode, and have the NPC take a look at the node's properties when he gets to that point. I did something similar in Tamearia to have the paths the NPC's take randomized.

Cyrsss Female Dog

..Submarine..
Nov 26, 2005
Desk
Sure Angel_Mapper and thanks,I had thought of 'juggling' 2 pathnodes,either side,with the outcome triggering one to the floor and one up and away.

I suppose I'll have to use that option.

Heh,I have attachtag'd a pathnode or hidden weapon placement to move left and right before and the NPC has stood there and watched it move...that's good for 'intro' movie stuff.