Lighting Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eyuva 'S' NRG

dont mess with the toilet monster
Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
Is it possible to do lighting through an invisible collision hull. I want to have glass windows and underneath them, a lamp, which projects light outward... BUT, I also want to be able to walk over the glass without falling through.

Any thoughts.

Cyrsss Female Dog

..Submarine..
Nov 26, 2005
Desk
Have you tried using a Projector actor?
It projects a texture onto a brush or surface.
You can get nice results with using it as it lol, 'projects' onto meshes,like your character...looks good.(animated meshes)
I know it makes a texture but also lights the area too,considering your invisible brush I'd use a ucGeneric.utx texture,one of the glass textures in there,and project onto that.
Another thought is Spotlight actors onto a glass texture

Last edited:

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
UT99 or 2k4?
In 2k4 you can use a static mesh, deselect bProjectShadow and use an alpha texture for the glass.

In UT99 you could use a solid brush with "Invisible" selected in the face properties (DM-Faith an example). Place a light flare on the underside and a searchlight actor on the top (pointing up), or just light actors on both sides. Properly placing your lights will remove any shadow effects. Also if the "window" does NOT completely fill the opening, it will not cut shadows onto the surrounding BSP edges, and if it does, try placing light actors in this small gap (1-2 UU).