Bring back 4 teams

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you like to see 4 teams return?

• More teams I say!

Votes: 82 85.4%
  • 2 is enough!

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I still like toast!

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
TAM is the future of competitive gaming.(in my dreams)

Its suited for pros and for causual players. Its a mix of Fun + Fun + SuperFun + FunSpeccing Teammates + Fun oh and sometimes more fun comes in the equation.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Everywhere I go people always want four teams. Most people really really seem to want them. Personally, I'm not opposed to them, but I don't really care.

But then why are the only servers running 3/4 teams in UT classic DOM servers? Why bring back 4 teams if there is no DOM in UT2007? Also, we have four teams in UT2004. CTF/TDM4. Last time I checked there was NO-ONE playing on those servers. If we all love 4 teams, why don't we use them ffs??

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Well, considering the only gametype coming back that doesn't require maps to take advantage of it is TDM, then the purpose of it, would be something different late in the games life.

3 Team DOM didn't even catch on until way late in UT's life, and the only thing keeping variations like this from happening more often is the competative TDM community and their purist attitudes IMO.

I think 3 team TDM would be a really cool pub game, now especially that the engine is handling larger player counts better. It's also an excuse for more FFA model customization.

No, it doesn't have many uses to implement, but how hard would it really be to include?

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
CyMek said:
Everywhere I go people always want four teams. Most people really really seem to want them. Personally, I'm not opposed to them, but I don't really care.

But then why are the only servers running 3/4 teams in UT classic DOM servers? Why bring back 4 teams if there is no DOM in UT2007? Also, we have four teams in UT2004. CTF/TDM4. Last time I checked there was NO-ONE playing on those servers. If we all love 4 teams, why don't we use them ffs??

In case you hadn't noticed a large number of people wanted four teams to have more variety in their skins and to be able to use team skins in normal gameplay.

CTF/TDM4 isn't in UT2004 it's a mod, which, in my opinion counts as being external, a lot of people use it even though not everyone plays it online. Most mod players i know generally stick to lan games. Playing mods online is often difficult.

We like 4 teams because we like choice and we approve of variety.

Psyk

Sep 7, 2001
Visit site
I don't really think epic will put in 4 team gametypes but hopefully they will make it easier for modders to do it. In 2kx it was very akward to do and involved rewriting a lot of code so I'm hoping they will make it easier this time round.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
on another note, hopefully epic will make it easier for modders to put in singleplayer,
with basic support for it/a singleplayer save system/simple creature AI

They should at least support four themes if not more, or fully cutomisable team colours with two adjustable colours on each model and choice of team isignia,
provivded no two teams fighting are allowed very similar colours ie orange vs red and so on..............................................Also theme symbols and colours could be clearly on vehicles

I'm reckoning black and white would be quite the colour scheme!

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
as i said, black and white! not black on its own! with black and white colour scheme you can't hide!

Anyway it actually wouldn't matter that much if you were all black unless UT2007 looks as dark as doom 3, which i hope it isn't