A G36k Project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
OK since I don't feel like digging around the code can someone tell me what damage the current G36K does? I'm just asking because I've looked at the barrel lengths for these guns and it's, shall we say, interesting.
Lengths:
G36 18.9" (on par with a FAMAS)
G36K 12.5" (maybe on par with a Sig)
G36C 9" (maybe on par with a P90 ;) )
Just as a rough guide I found this from ammo oracle
Code:
Distance to 2700 fps	20" Barrel	16" Barrel	14.5" Barrel	11.5" Barrel
M193			190-200m	140-150m	95-100m		40-45m
M855			140-150m	90-95m		45-50m		12-15m
The 2700 fps mark is where the 5.56NATO bullet fragments and thus does more tissue damage than say a .22LR ;)
Now considering that INF uses M855 round (or so says the armory) what would be the point of a G36C? In fact based on this I would question the point of the Sig and G36K in game ATM but I suppose that's another topic for another day (if we ever wanted a reason for range based damage this would be it.) Anyhow I vote for a full size G36, this way we don't get into issues of what the damage should be (ala the M4 problems we had before) and can have a full size, full auto 5.56NATO rifle that doesn't have the FAMAS' sights ;)

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
Odie
Excellent! That is exactly the type of picture I've been looking for. Who would have thought the best AG36 picture would be found on a M4'alike? Thanks a bunch.

ravens_hawk
I must admit that I was under the understanding that both the M16A2 and the M16A4 were considered full-sized NATO rifles?

Blitzschlag
I'd love to see a LMG type weapon of the MG36's capabilities in-game. Lets do some talking and see what we can come up with? Seeing as the MG36 is not (to my knowledge) deployed by any forces yet.

There will most likely not be an update today, and I'll be @ work all weekend. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Maverick_[GER]

Oct 18, 2000
Wow!!! Breathtaking, phenomenal, outstanding!!!

That is a great project!
2thumbs.gif
I am so happy.
luxhello.gif
What a good job N'kEnNy is doing!
notworthy.gif

Please release all three versions (G36, G36K and G36C) as fast as possible.
anbet.gif

I cannot wait for it any longer.
icon_crazy.gif

BTW, I like the G36 and G36K more than the G36C.
daumen_3.gif

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Fragmentation distances are extremely debatable when it comes to 5.56x45mm, and even ballistics 'experts' have never really come to a solid consensus. Ravens' figures are on the conservative side. Right now, since Infiltration doesn't model this at all (or, perhaps more accurately, assumes that fragmentation happens at any distance), there's absolutely no sense in implementing it with the G36 and not doing the same for the other weapons. The G36c should just do proportionately less damage than the K, 551, etc.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
You know what would be awesome. That cloth sac slung over the shoulder carrying 50, 000 rounds hooked up to a five-seven through an elabortae loading mechanism involving a chain link, hydraulic pump and a monkey somewhere in between.

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
Sorry guys. I'm still alive and kicking. The reason for my absence has been a new job which has rather dynamic hour scheduling. Which has meant that I haven't been able to really sit down infront of my computer for a while.
----

In either case. Yes, there has been some progress. Mostly in the realm of UV-mapping, though without a skin any changes/progress I make in terms of streamlining the mesh (and preparing it for the actual skin) won't really factor into things.

I will try to present you with a new photo-op by the next week.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
The words I don't want to hear whenever i am trying to apply for a job are "dynamic hour scheduling" :p. So Psychomorph, my guess is that he's working a lot of extra hours for free and he has no time to work on this ;)

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
G36E

What about G36E. This type of G36 weapon familiy is the most popular, because it is an export version of this famous rifle. G36K, G36 are used only in German army, but export versions are used in many other countries. The diference between export and Bundeswehr-standard version is in sights. G36E with single 1.5X scope. the Bundeswehr-standard G36 looks exactly the same except for the scopes used. You can see this difference in
http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as14-e.htm

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I thought I'd give this a friendly bump and see where this project is. I've been waiting for the G36C since it first popped up on the main page armory and I've been quite diappointed with the SS version of the weapon.

Any new developments or has this project died with the rest?

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Yes you are just guessing. Totally Guess. Guessing like you never have. Actually, you are so far from the truth that the truth si somewhere close to mars while you're in brasil. Sorry :p

But a G36K is not impossible. Bushwack made a model way back with all possible attachments. Maybe the G36K might be modifiable without losing the skin we have to a G36C