Team games horribly unbalanced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slaykill

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Man am I steamed about how incredibly unfair the team balance is in DOM and team DM games! I mean, wtf is going on?????? I don't mean to come off as a whiner - I don't mind being on the losing team once in a while or having to carry my entire team around on my back or hold their hand - but EVERY single stinking time is getting TIRESOME. Not to mention extremely frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I live and breathe UT...but I am watching my hard earned ranking go down the frickin' drain as I am put on the losing team every single time. Losing 4 out of 5 times is simply NOT FUN. This is supposed to be a game. Games are meant to be fun, aren't they?? I don't have to win every time, but I am pretty darned good at domination, I have earned that through hard work at this game. I feel like the game is letting me down in this. And don't say "well, don't play it then" because I love this game and will never quit even if I have to lead a losing team 6 or 7 games in a row before it finally whips up a winning combination.
Okay - I just had to get that off my chest - back to work (play!)
-Slaykill

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If you're that good...come to #planetunreal or post some times and I'm sure a few PuFsters and myself would join you in several DOM matches. We'd play as a team and mop up! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

B

BitchSmack

ROFLMAO@Beavis!

bullet2.gif

"The only thing that makes life
bearable is the knowledge that
some poor bastard has it much
worse than you" - hrdwaremyk³

"Sit! Roll Over! Play dead! Stay that way!" - BitchSmack

Slaykill

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
I'd kinda be interested to know how the programming logarithm chooses which team you're on, I mean, haven't you noticed how it seems to switch you from blue to red and back again as other players come and go? It seems to try to put the better 'producers' on opposing teams, and in fairness, it does seems to work sometimes...it's just the long 'dry' stretches that get frustrating.
-Slaykill

Sulla

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
Hmmm, like hal was saying, let some people know when you want to drop into a game. I usually play in the mornings/afternoons on weekdays and also nights on weekends. Contact me in about a week when I finally get my broadband service installed (I *really* hate moving). Or contact me before then. I can still prove somewhat useful in a given situation.

bullet2.gif

BeZerKeR

Feb 12, 2000
hometown.aol.com
Boo-Fukkin-Hoo, my team sucks...

Get over it. You keep losin? Switch teams or go to a different game man! I play strictly for fun whether i win everytime or lose everytime. GET OVER IT! It IS just a game and you need to start realizin that. I don't even use WorldStats cuz I think it makes the game to competetive. Sorry about all of you who gotta read this but i'm sick of all these people and their "My precious stats are gonna go down" bull****.

Thank you, and have a pleasant day. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows... nor do I"
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

Slaykill

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Uh-huh, yep. Knew I'd get some sort of reply like that even though I do seem to recall saying something about not minding losing once in a while, just not for a big string of like 10 games in a row.
Switching teams just to be on the winning team is lame. Winning is not everything, and I do have big long winning streaks...come on, anyone who play ALOT of domination or teamplay dm know what I'm talking about.
And you know what? NG stats are there for a reason. If anyone chooses not to follow them fine. Thats a choice you make. It's NOT the reason you play the game, but it's a small part of it. Even if there were no ranking system at all, it would still be frustrating to have to search server after server just to get a game with a modicum of balance to the teams.
BTW anyone who plays dm primarily (or exclusively, as in most cases) will not know why I'm making such a big deal about this. I play dom almost exlusively - and all I wanted to do was vent a little bit. There's nothing I can do but just put up with it, or shut up about it. And I'm not the type who shut's up.
See you online!
-Slaykill

spyder913

Bringer of FREE BEER
Feb 17, 2000
Seattle, WA, USA
My recommendation would be to find a clan who plays dom and either join them or just play with them a lot. Then you will have people who are always willing to play as a team and you can have a lot of fun. =)

bullet2.gif

|elite|spyder913 - check out the |elite| clan at http://utelite.clanpages.com