Bots in Goliaths just spinning around...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T!tania

Nov 3, 2005
Amberg, Germany
At the moment i'm trying to get bot support into an assault map. There are two Goliath tanks at the beginning and the first target is to activate a switch which is defended by some turrets...

I've already tried some different pathing methods: Normal PathNodes only, RoadPathNodes only and a mixture of both. Each one of them with or without AssaultPaths.

But everytime the bots just hop into the tanks and spin them around for half a minute or so. Then they get out again and try to take out the turrets using their Rocket Launchers...! :eek:

The "Show Paths" function in UED3 shows white paths all over the place and when i type "showai" in the console i can see that they try to use the pathnodes for navigation (red line), but they can't get there - there is no green line (as there is one when the bots are moving correctly)...

I also noticed that they're able to reach the objecive on foot, so it might be a solution to make them drive there, then leave the vehicles, go for the switch and then back into the tanks, but i've no idea how to do this. (Working with vehicles for the first time! :D )

edit: Tested it once more. Without any vehicles, they just play fine. But as soon as i put those Goliaths back in, they get stuck again, even if i set all the Navigation Points' "VehicleDestination" to true.

Last edited:

Cyrsss Female Dog

..Submarine..
Nov 26, 2005
Desk
Maybe the 'roads' they are supposed to drive down are too narrow and the Vehicles will just spin around the pathnodes in the area where you start driving.

Try widening the brushes around the vehicle 'road to go down' area.

Last edited: