Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Lemon Stealing Whores 7/10

A classic for sure. We all know the story too well. A young couple in love betrayed by what appears to only be a poor woman in search of food to feed her family. While the lone woman attempts to scavenge food for her youngest children that are unable to work or beg in the streets, the masterful and very cunning young couple attempt a steak-out to catch whomever may be stealing their generational lemons. They catch the woman in the act and reveal a softer side of upper class society by not notifying the authorities, but instead give her a chance to pay back her mistakes.

While the story unfolds rather quickly, I can not give it a full 10/10 due to the poor lighting and shaky camera.

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Social Network-7/10

It's still hard to recognise this as a David Fincher film; even on the second viewing. I did enjoy it more the second time around.

Great music from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Transformers: Age of Extinction 5/10

Much better than the previous two outings (not a difficult hurdle to cross!), it sort of manages to be OK.

The film is far too long and the action eventually becomes rather tiresome.

That said, there are unexpected pleasures here - Stanley Tucci chews the scenery in a most enjoyable fashion and provides a redemption that isn't totally implausible. Wahlberg and his screen family are substantially less annoying that that of Shia LaBoeuf.

I really don't know why Myles signed up. Her role was underwritten to an amazing degree given that there was nearly three hours of screen time to find some use for the character. Really, they should have cut the character and given the limited ineffective exposition to another character, saved a scene and 10 minutes of my life.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Another Earth-6/10

A human interest story with an attempt to put a sci-fi spin into the narrative. Very slow and quite average although not without some good moments. This film would have probably been less interesting if it wasn't for the creative camera work and frame composition and very interesting music score.

Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke-6/10

I haven't seen this flick in decades but it has some funny stoner moments. It was always a collection of their best gags strung together and starts to get really flat by the end of the movie.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
A

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - 8/10

I'll give it an 8 for being LOTR but, to be honest, it feels like an extension of the previous movie as if they were filmed in the same stretch.

It also leaves some openings for further intrigue. But will there be any more ? Or is this the last of Tolkien's books ?

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - 8/10

I'll give it an 8 for being LOTR but, to be honest, it feels like an extension of the previous movie as if they were filmed in the same stretch.
Yes it did.

It also leaves some openings for further intrigue. But will there be any more ? Or is this the last of Tolkien's books ?
Apparently The Hobbit and LOTR were floating around to be bought a long time before Tolkein's people got control of everything. According to sources there will not be any other films based on the lore.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (3D) - 9/10

I really can't relate these films entirely to the novel. It's more like The Hobbit on Steroids as certain characters were written in and a lot of lore added to give plenty of back story. In some ways the films are more like LOTR: The Origin Story rather than Tolkein writing a childrens' book not knowing where the saga would end up. What they did add really amped up the whole Ring lore to the max.

That being said this finale was intense and huge. In my opinion they intentionally kicked the level of emotion in the acting up a gear to see the story out as intensely as possible and to match and support the visual intensity and pacing. The acting in this flick was great.

If you enjoyed the LOTR and Hobbit films then I'm sure this ending won't disappoint......

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
EoT was a damned good action movie. I liked it as much as Jack Reacher.

Saw the Interview on Christmas Day. 5/10, as it was nothing special, with the exception of Diana Bang's being the one standout performance. Overall, it was no Team America.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
What Dreams May Come-7/10

I haven't seen this movie in a long time and I have never been a Robin Williams fan but this is a very interesting reworking of Dante's Inferno.

There are plenty of stunning visuals and a ton of heart and soul in this movie.

It's very well acted and has a great music score by Michael Kamen.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Gravity (3D)-9/10

This is the second time I've seen this film. This time I got to see past the stunning visuals to look more closely at Sandra Bullock's acting. The best acting of her career; in my opinion......