DynamicWater v1.0b for Unreal and UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daewon

Oct 29, 2009
Czech Republic
I thought just to make in Unreal and UT moving water, so the idea was when
I looked in Unreal waving flag. hmm, can it would be with movable water.
i made this in milkshape and converted to unreal mesh :)

Test video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l3LfBHbBns

// edit: oh no, sorry that I had rather put in ''Modeling & Skinning'' , go there to delete comments, posts? I do not know how ..

Here is a test level is adjusted from the previous video,few cases have been modified and some added.
Important! Test level can open UT, Unreal does it in error.
I hated, but this test level is made in UT :(
level open: write to console ''open DynamicWaterTest''
TIP: for show wireframe on mesh write ''RMODE 1'' and back ''RMODE 5''

DOWNLOAD DynamicWater 1.0b_FREE: http://daewon.ic.cz/DynamicWater_v1.0b_FREE.zip

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I never go to the M&S forum section, so thank you for posting it here. And it looks very good, much better and clearer than any rare water surface mod.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Looks really nice. :)
I had that idea also some time ago, but the problem (at least in UT), is that there's that annoying bug with meshes (the "disappear when in weird angles and positions relative to pivot/origin of the mesh" bug), and if I start to add a lot of them I will get lag instead (so having some water with a sheet and others dynamic wouldn't match or look good).

But since I saw somewhere that in Unreal this bug with the meshes are no longer there, this is a great idea to implement in Unreal, but now for UT, it won't work that good :\

Daewon

Oct 29, 2009
Czech Republic
Looks really nice. :)
I had that idea also some time ago, but the problem (at least in UT), is that there's that annoying bug with meshes (the "disappear when in weird angles and positions relative to pivot/origin of the mesh" bug), and if I start to add a lot of them I will get lag instead (so having some water with a sheet and others dynamic wouldn't match or look good).

But since I saw somewhere that in Unreal this bug with the meshes are no longer there, this is a great idea to implement in Unreal, but now for UT, it won't work that good :\
Yes, so if the de water in the pool to swim in that regard so I did not exceed the size of 1 mesh 64x64..
Terms of a pool of water into which they do not go, or just walk along the surface, there you have Mesh 128x128.
so I had to create animated mesh that would Tiled.
I know it's not a good method, because there are still bugs, but smaller..

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I asume its a mod now, how about contacting Old Unreal to have this added to patch 227 as a new feature ? As far as i can see it look uber cool alright :)

They have already something similar AFAIK. So UT needs it, unless the bugs aren't of real annoyance.

Daewon

Oct 29, 2009
Czech Republic
Well, I decided to upload, watch it remains protected and without my consent, this do not distribute, modify, use in other projects
(read README!!!.txt)..
Here is a test level is adjusted from the previous video,few cases have been modified and some added.
Important! Test level can open UT, Unreal does it in error.
I hated, but this test level is made in UT :(
level open: write to console ''open DynamicWaterTest''
TIP: for show wireframe on mesh write ''RMODE 1'' and back ''RMODE 5''

DOWNLOAD: http://daewon.ic.cz/DynamicWater_v1.0b.zip

Daewon

Oct 29, 2009
Czech Republic
Looks impressive :)

I certainly could use it for the map i am working on, so ill await what more come up with.

I am puzzled though, when you die you get the Unreal menu ? What is with that ?
Publishing, editing and dissemination of files or parts thereof without the written consent of the owner of files is forbidden!
what is the Unreal menu? I use Unreal Gameinfo :)