CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
It's not an "issue" -- it's balance. The red dot is super-easy to aim with compared to having iron sights and the gun blocking the lower half of the screen. :p

I'm playing through the campaign again, this time on veteran difficulty. It took me two real tries to get the intro obstacle course to recommend veteran for me; apparently it's not so much the time as it is being fast and accurate.

"You will not survive" is a fairly accurate description of that difficulty. It's kind of like "peek out, die, repeat." Frustrating, but dammit, I'm gonna beat it. :mad:

AFAIK the AK is the only weapon that has the damage reduction with the red dot.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Red dot reduces damage for the AK. It's a known "issue"

I use red dot with my AK-47 all the time and with Stopping Power it doesn't take more than 5-6 bullets to kill someone in normal mode. 1-2 in HC.
So I can't say I've experienced this "issue". :p

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I use red dot with my AK-47 all the time and with Stopping Power it doesn't take more than 5-6 bullets to kill someone in normal mode. 1-2 in HC.
So I can't say I've experienced this "issue". :p

The minimum damage on it is lowered from 30 to 20. I can't say I've ever noticed it myself, but it's there in the data files.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
This is a post by Cursive that sums up most of the glitch/bug/maybe on purpose thingys:
This post is directed towards IW/402. Feel free to show your support so those that play in unmodded servers will have the chance to play a game without bugged guns. We aren't asking for the world, we're just asking you to correct the blatant typos that reside in the weapon files. Hell, I could do it myself but then I wouldn't be able to connect to any pure servers. So I'm going to do the next best thing, I'm going to lay out the issues at hand and what changes you guys need to make to which weapon files.

1. P90/M21 - Sprint Duration:
As some of you may know, the P90 and M21 suffer from a bug that lets the owner of these weapons sprint 75% longer than any other gun. To rectify the problem, open p90_acog_mp, p90_mp, p90_reflex_mp, p90_silencer_mp, m21_acog_mp, and m21_mp and change the value of sprintDurationScale from "1.75" to "1" in each file. This is the value for every other weapon.

2. G3 Silenced - Slow Knife:
The name pretty much sums it up. When you equip the silencer to the G3, you not only gain the ability to not appear as a red dot on the enemy's compass when you fire, but your knife also gains a 1.14 second delay. Remidying this issue takes less than a minute, open g3_silencer_mp and change the value of meleeChargeDelay from "1.3" to "0.16". This is the value for every other weapon (including G3 without silencer).

3. AK47 + Red Dot/Silencer - Damage Reduced:
The minimum damage an AK47 will do without any attachments is 30. Attaching a red dot sight or a silencer to an AK47 will effectively reduce the gun's minimum damage at range to 20. Reason? I believe IW inadvertently mixed up the damage values of the AK47 with the AK74u which are 40/20 (AK47 default is 40/30). Sucks huh? The good news is that the problem is easily fixed, open ak47_reflex_mp and ak47_silencer_mp in your favorite text editor and change the value of minDamage from "20" to "30" in both files.

And please please please, fix the gun sway bug (or at least acknowledge that a problem exists): http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=10703.0

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Yay, I've got Bandolier now :] I put that on all my load outs except sniper where I kept my previous 3x Flash. I've also change my main load out from an M4 w/ silencer to an M4 w/ red dot.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Oh, man. This game is sooo hard on veteran. I haven't even gotten to a "hard" part yet and I've died many, many times at certain spots.

It seems every time you peak out from around a corner you get hit (to borrow a phrase from Yahtzee) by a million billion bullets from all directions. And the enemies seemingly have a f**king infinite supply of grenades to the point that even if you can grab one and toss it, there's usually another two or three around that you can't get to quickly enough to throw away.

I'm currently on the level right after the nuke goes off and Jackson gets turned into a radiationified zombie. I'm pinned down trying to make my way up the hill but the enemies are pouring out of every orifice, it seems. D:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's not an "issue" -- it's balance. The red dot is super-easy to aim with compared to having iron sights and the gun blocking the lower half of the screen. :p

Surprisingly I seen my friend play with the nude M16 better than any other weapons in the game. He tried both Red dot and scope, it just didn't helped.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Surprisingly I seen my friend play with the nude M16 better than any other weapons in the game. He tried both Red dot and scope, it just didn't helped.

Yeah, some of the weapons have good ironsights. M16, M4 and RPD are the best, imo.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
M4... good iron sights...? :con: If these are the ones I am thinking of we most surely disagree!

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
G3 + Red Dot + Stopping Power.

Game over, balance out the window, haha. If you can aim, it's a double-click kill, because there's no inaccuracy and no recoil.

As for the AK - if you're taking 5-6 shots to kill someone, you're suffering the described issue or can't hit for ****e. It should take 4 without stopping power, 3 with.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
M4... good iron sights...? :con: If these are the ones I am thinking of we most surely disagree!

I do good with the M4 iron sights. That's the only thing that matters to me. :p

As for the AK - if you're taking 5-6 shots to kill someone, you're suffering the described issue or can't hit for ****e. It should take 4 without stopping power, 3 with.

I just tested. It only takes three clean shots to the torso, on normal with red dot. :)

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
"You will not survive" is a fairly accurate description of that difficulty. It's kind of like "peek out, die, repeat." Frustrating, but dammit, I'm gonna beat it. :mad:

It seems every time you peak out from around a corner you get hit (to borrow a phrase from Yahtzee) by a million billion bullets from all directions. And the enemies seemingly have a f**king infinite supply of grenades to the point that even if you can grab one and toss it, there's usually another two or three around that you can't get to quickly enough to throw away.

I've beaten the game on Veteran (including the final level on the plane) through much trial and tribulation (read: headache) but it's very satisfying to finally see my missions list with "Difficulty Completed: Veteran" on every one.

The only thing I can say is that you have to go fast. In singleplayer, as you've noticed, in each section there are almost infinite bad guys to spawn until you progress to the next area and move your unit forward. It sounds weird but you really must rush for the sake of getting through the level. Rush/sprint from cover to cover and lob grenades towards the enemy each time you cross an open area or have more than 20 yds from your current cover to the next cover.
Always look for solid cover where able, don't hide behind what can be shot through like wood or thin metal. But basically keep moving forward as quickly as you can, only take time to shoot enough enemies to get them out of the way of your next spot for cover. All the while lobbing grenades (as many dead bodies as there will be around you'll almost never run out) forwards or towards wherever you're being shot at from.
Also, throw away your pistol right off the bat in each new mission. Sidearms are slow and don't do enough damage, always have your good primary weapon (M4, etc) and a nice, fast suppressive fire type weapon (AK, etc). You gotta' go Rambo on this mother f*cker.

A last piece of advice. Your friendly units are expendable all except for the Captain guy (Price, Vasquez) who has GODMODE on at all times. Use this to your advantage, during heavy firefights, hide behind one those guys. Let them take the hits. When they get covered in enemy grenades, that's your time to haul ass to the next spot of cover.

Recap: move move move, solid cover, grenades grenades grenades (make as best use you can of flashbangs and smoke), and use your commanding officer as a human shield.