Not a big problem but annoying

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spanky

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Hey all, just wondering if anybody has a similair problem, everytime I am about to be blown to tiny chunks Inf seems to hang for the tiniest time but it freezes then im dead, it happens only with inf2.75 and im not playing online. I have taken graphics down & all, shouldnt have to. But it seems like your playing online then right when you think you can shoot the bot u know he fires then it stalls for a second or less, & bam your dead, Anyone else had this????

pretty pathetic prblem hey!

Spanky =)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Have ya turned on the drop ammo and drop weapons feature ? And in addition, how much weapons and ammo is included in your startup-inventory ?

If you play with these features turned on, and all or most of the weapons in your startup-inventory, this 'effect' shows up. The reason is very simple: dozens of objects are spawned almost simultaneously, and this will force the best pc to hold a sec.

If you don't use these options I've described above, please send me your Infiltration setups directly, so I can check it out further.

Beppo

Spanky

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Well I don't have any weapons in the starting inventory, so each new map you get the pistol thats all. But I did have Drop weapons, Ammo & items turned on. However I turned these off and still got the same little pause, and that pause when I use the scope on the sniper rifle as Coco describes.

Some of my INF setup
Destructable ammo & Items is off
Radar is off, player speed 100% (Could this be it?)
Apart from the changes I have said above the rest is left alone.
Thanks for the help

Spanky.

------------------

Junka

Apr 29, 2000
UK
Visit site
Yep! Im having all problems above. Shame it really sucks to have such a cool mod spoiled buy these farty little pauses. Think i will re-install V2.71 until someone comes up with a fix for this pissyouoffpause.

Me numberone Inf fan.

Spanky

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea! All we lose is those pwetty skins, and a the annoying pauses! until Inf2.8 its standard ut for me.

YakHerder

Apr 30, 2000
www.angelfire.com
I got the same problem, the game freezes right around 18-20% health and then I'm dead,
and yup I get the delays when using the sniper rifles as well. Why is it if you select hidden weapon from player preferences in UT the clip info and stuff doesn't appear in INF?

KwazyDog

Apr 27, 2000
Australia
http
Guys, out of interest what video cards are you using? I dont have the problem on my TNT2, but I have seen the problem on voodoos. Im wondering if its video card specific?

Thanks /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Spanky

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Im using a RIVA TNT2, 16mb.
I got 128meg ram & a 450 celeron. And the game is always slick. on 1024*768 16 bit
I tried taking graphics right down, but still get the jumpy screen! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

KwazyDog

Apr 27, 2000
Australia
http
Hmmm, well so much for the voodoo theory. I have a 32mb version, I guess that might be another thing to consider (though probably not if youve turned down all graphics and are still getting it).

We are hoping the next version might fix it, weve tried just about every driver and driver setting we can think of....

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
Look, that pause is happening because you just died, not because you have low health. Get that part straight. It doesn't really affect gameplay. This is a bug in the code in INF 2.75 and has nothing to do with your graphic settings (at least I don't think so). It might be related to the sniper scope freezes.

Kee

Apr 26, 2000
Finland, Turku
Visit site
I also have that 1-2 sec freeze when dying.
Annoying but well, getting used to it.
Just one thing, I'm not sure but anyway..
Now, with the latest patch of UT and inf2.75,
when you die the view is switched to 3rd
person view and you see your dead corpse..
I'm not 100% but I don't think this was the
case before. As I said, I'm not sure at all
about this..but maybe it would explain the
freeze?
specs on my computer; tnt 16m, celeron 300,
128m mem.

//Kee