WB Games and Rocksteady Announce Sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The announcement was made during Spike's Video Game Awards show, Batman: Arkham Asylum "2" appears to be played out within Gotham itself, and sees the return of Harley Quinn and the Joker. Little else is known about the game, but a web page has been set up for it at Arkham Has Moved.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
They're really going to have to bust their arses to live up to the expectations from the first game. :p

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
This is EXACTELY the kind of holiday announcement I been waiting for :)

BTW these guys are talented and the Batman franchise is a rich soil to grow stuff on :D

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Just watched the trailer and color me impressed. The first game was very well done(minus the combat challenges, those were hard as balls). If the trailer was any indication, this one may be darker in tone than the last.

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
Am I the only one to always land on the gametrailers.com frontpage instead of a video that's related to Arkham? Doesn't matter what country I choose or if I'm using Firefox or IE, I always end up with nothing... :(

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
It needs a solid Batmobile section.

yeah yeah I know he trashed it in Arkham but the dude is ****ing rich I would not be surprised if he built another one.

The Batmobile is one of his greatest tools, I am sure Rocksteady can pull it off in very cool way with out the driving segments sucking.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I dunno. I have a feeling any driving sequences would completely ruin the game.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Does bats use the bat-mobile in his comics for anything other than getting to the scene of the crime really really fast ?

It'd be interesting to see if they can improve upon the first game at all.