MapMixer 3.00 for UT3 - Final Release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Pretty cool; looks like it remedies a horrendous flaw with UT3. Unfortunately, I no longer care enough about this game, and apparently many others feel as I do.

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
Pretty cool; looks like it remedies a horrendous flaw with UT3. Unfortunately, I no longer care enough about this game, and apparently many others feel as I do.
Agreed, but its nice to know there's something good waiting in the case for a return. I enjoyed the features a lot, some of which put the standards ones to shame.

matw

Jul 9, 2003
Adelaide, South Australia
Thanks guys. Yeah, a lot of people have left and it's a real pity because it didn't have to be that way. If the game was better executed from the beginning then it may still be on the minds of many more gamers. Nevertheless, I think a lot of people missed out. It's my opinion that the strength of the game is its unique combination between sci-fi and strong multiplayer. It makes it so appealing, yet I believe a lot of people just don't get it. Too much 'hardcore' realism in multiplayer games seems to be attracting people, yet at the same time it turns me back to UT3. I don't want to immerse myself in the real world; I'd rather escape to an alien world full of rich story and compelling characters.

I think Epic really missed out with the whole story and the complete lack of 'Tournament' in Unreal Tournament 3 - in that regard it was very half-hearted. It was my hope to bring back the Tournament into UT3 with future versions of MM3 but while I've got some ideas and a small plan, I'm not sure I've got the inclination at this point. With UT3 Epic did a whole lot of things right but they also did some things wrong. I kinda get the feeling that they'd prefer to work on other IPs.

At the end of the day, I'm glad others can get use out of MM and it can help them enjoy the game further, because there's no doubt that there's something special at the core of UT3. I like to think of MM as something that helps leverage the possibilities that exist in the game and the great community content that's out there.

matw

Jul 9, 2003
Cool mod.

Any way to disable the menus fading/scaling in on startup? I'd like them to be there instantly if possible.

Indeed.

Open ..\Config\UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini

This file defines the content on the Main Menu screen and is totally customisable, as everything is 'modular' in nature and divided into objects.

Find the section: [MainMenu MapMixerUI_PanelStorage_CommandMenu]

In that section find the line beginning with SubListAnim=(

On that line, change fAnimSeconds=0.5 to fAnimSeconds=0.0

Done. :)

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Thanks guys. Yeah, a lot of people have left and it's a real pity because it didn't have to be that way. If the game was better executed from the beginning then it may still be on the minds of many more gamers. Nevertheless, I think a lot of people missed out. It's my opinion that the strength of the game is its unique combination between sci-fi and strong multiplayer. It makes it so appealing, yet I believe a lot of people just don't get it. Too much 'hardcore' realism in multiplayer games seems to be attracting people, yet at the same time it turns me back to UT3. I don't want to immerse myself in the real world; I'd rather escape to an alien world full of rich story and compelling characters.

I think Epic really missed out with the whole story and the complete lack of 'Tournament' in Unreal Tournament 3 - in that regard it was very half-hearted. It was my hope to bring back the Tournament into UT3 with future versions of MM3 but while I've got some ideas and a small plan, I'm not sure I've got the inclination at this point. With UT3 Epic did a whole lot of things right but they also did some things wrong. I kinda get the feeling that they'd prefer to work on other IPs.

At the end of the day, I'm glad others can get use out of MM and it can help them enjoy the game further, because there's no doubt that there's something special at the core of UT3. I like to think of MM as something that helps leverage the possibilities that exist in the game and the great community content that's out there.

Your able to clearly define UT3's main shortcoming lol.

Anyways, I love mapmixer. It's just impossible to play the game without it now. Not just because of all the big features and endless customizibility
it allows, but also because of small minor things.
Like at the end of the match you can go back to viewing your character for that victorious screenshot. Everything just adds up.

Not to forget it helps you a lot in organising hundreds of maps and characters...Game is one big mess without mapmixer.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I've never used anything to organize my files, maps, menu, etc. for any UT game yet, but this looks promising for UT3. I may try it next time I fire up UT3. I have a couple questions though:

1. So I will finally be able to save my game type settings using MM3?

2. Does this have any conflicts with other add-ons/mods/muts?

Thank you for all your hard work!:tup:

matw

Jul 9, 2003
1. So I will finally be able to save my game type settings using MM3?

MM has both a Quick Session Menu to replace the standard Instant Action, which remembers your last options for each gametype used, or alternatively you can create Presets. The Advanced Session Menu uses Lists to allow savings of settings for gametypes, mutators, maps, bots etc. Documentation has more info.

2. Does this have any conflicts with other add-ons/mods/muts?

Not that I'm aware of - by design.

ZerO*KooL

Jan 24, 2006
sinx is a true legend of the UT community. An old schooler that many of the newer members may not know. It was ppl like sinx that made the UT community what it is (or should I say 'was?) through the voluntary contributions, sacrifices, communal sharing and essentially, for the fun of it all - 'The way it should be played!'

I'm very impressed that you're still going with the MM series after all these years. I commend you're achievement! Congratulations mate! I take my hat off for you. :tup:

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008

Well, agreed on Epic's failure, but your work sure isn't! That's really cool to invest a lot of effort to improve the (relatively few remaining) users' experience.

So, even though I probably won't use this, thanks!