Unreal Tournament player needs help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cpropst

Apr 9, 2001
Visit site
Im trying to get my system to run Unreal Tournament decently and I can't seem to pull it off. I get an average of about 60 frames per second in 16 bit low graphical modes but it dips down into 15-20 frames a second in fights and the game seems to jerk a little every once in a while regardless. I get about 50 frames per second in 32 bit high graphical modes and it also dips down into 15-20 frames a second in fights and the game seems to jerk a little. I run my system in 1024 x 768 mode.

My system scored 1858, 1865, and 1888 on the 3DMark2001 test and is as follows:

P3 600 mhz
Abit BH6 Mobo
196 megs Pc100 Ram
Creative Annhilator 2 (GeForce2 GTS/Pro) 32 meg ram
DSL modem with 1000k download/100k upload

No overclocking or anything on the system.

Are my 3dMark tests good for this system? I have been reading posts and changing settings on my card for about 3 days to no avail. Does anyone have the Annhilator 2 card and play Unreal Tournament with good results? If so please tell me how.

I tried Open GL mode on Unreal Tournament by downloading the new driver, and putting in the settings in the unrealtournament.ini file. It seems to run decent aside from all the pausing and jerking that occurs in Open Gl mode - which does not occur as much in Direct3D. Im trying to get the Direct3D working at the moment primarily.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

CPropst

WasHighPingDuck

Experienced
Nov 30, 2000
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hi cpropst,
I use Creative Annhilator 2 (GeForce2 GTS/Pro) 32 meg with an 800 T-bird.
D3D 1024/768 16bit, no volmetric light, no coronas(don't like em), 32bitzbuffer off (it disables hardware 3d ?), everything else on
I get 40 fps min 65 ave on the cityintro
Wicked400 demo gives me 33 min fps.
I use creatives latest driver (they include 6.50), I don't have the original driver disk so I can't use their tweak programs. :(
I use powerstrip but nothing is overclocked.
The nvidia 6.50 worked the same for me.
To run cityintro demo

run u/t
hit ~ to open consol
type the following:

timedemo 1
start cityintro.unr

hit ~ to close consol

After it runs twice hit esc and ~

cpropst

Apr 9, 2001
Visit site
Hmm

"no volmetric light, no coronas(don't like em), 32bitzbuffer off (it disables hardware 3d "

Ok I set all of these up, and I think I got a few more frames per second out of it all - but I am still having the huge dips into 15-20 frames per second in fights.

I just think im missing something, im pretty sure it should perform better than this.

Im using the most recent Detonator drivers from Nvidia (the creative ones performed worse for me)

Thanks,

Chris