UT3 AS-UT99_Frigate

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
An invisible wall isn't quite believable, too :) Then maybe you should make the roof a little higher?
With jumpboots you can jump very high. The roof should be too high, not beliable.
No, I prefer a collision. I know isn't beliable, but is the best solution to fix this lamming point :(

Sure? XD then buy a nice glasses for it XD, and if it is dark well im sure my "paisano" (<-- people from same country ) will put some kind of lighting in it.

Interesante mapa pisha!
The lighting isn't deffinitive. Ignotium is helping me to make the perfect lighting.

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
an autocannon on the roof which is very powerful would fix that bug as well. The cannon should be inactive after you destroy the compressor and that other objective.

like a cannon, which needs the energy of the compressor to shoot. that's a good solution in my opinion.

another solution would be to add a jumppad to the top , which only can be used by the defenders.

the invisible wall just ****s up another way to the final objective after the compressor is destroyed. and the defenders can't jump down as well etc.

Last edited:

Cockbite

Jul 28, 2009
Excellent map, Xumari. I prefer remakes that stay as close to the original as possible, and you've done a great job here. I remember playing this map in UT, and the things you have added fit perfectly. I have only found one problem with the map, and I believe that it has already been reported.

As you know, when the attacker round ends, there is a victory scene followed by the scoreboard display, and then the next round starts. If you press a button to skip the victory scene/scoreboard display, the camera will be stuck on the victory scene when the defender round starts. If you just wait for the defender round to start normally, there is no camera problem.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3729/screenshot00003w.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

As for the roof problem, I only play offline with bots, so isn't isn't going to affect me at all. The bots and I won't go up there. I think an invisible wall would be fine, but maybe a kill volume would be a good alternative.

Also, is that pressurized pipe supposed to be so deadly? It seems to kill you instantly unless you have full health and armor.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are at least a dozen different jumping mutators so the Jump Boots may not be the only way to get onto that roof.

Last edited:
I have only found one problem with the map, and I believe that it has already been reported.
As you know, when the attacker round ends, there is a victory scene followed by the scoreboard display, and then the next round starts. If you press a button to skip the victory scene/scoreboard display, the camera will be stuck on the victory scene when the defender round starts. If you just wait for the defender round to start normally, there is no camera problem.
OMG! I didn't saw that! I will work in this bug.
Thanks for the report!

Also, is that pressurized pipe supposed to be so deadly? It seems to kill you instantly unless you have full health and armor.
Yes, it's normal. The pipe is presurized, then when you break it, jumps a fragment. If this fragment hits any player, he will die. I made this because I think it's more real.
I suggest you be carefull with the pipe fragment don't hit you. As you will see, there is "secured" points where the pipe doen't hit. Look the movement and learn where is the best place to destroy the pipe :D

I celebrate you like the map. Thanks for your support :rolleyes:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
OMG! I didn't saw that! I will work in this bug.
Thanks for the report!

already reported that. that was meant with , you have to suicide to spawn correctly ;)

seems like we have much more interested ppl in ut3 Assault now. i hope a 6on6 betatest will take place soon :D

already reported that. that was meant with , you have to suicide to spawn correctly ;)
No, that bug wasn't reported.
-One is that sometimes the player can't spawn at start of a round.
-Other is that bug, if you try to skip the end cinematic, the camera stuck and the player can't spawn.
There are two different bugs with same result, but with different solution.

The first it's solved adding extra spawnpoints, and the second it's checking the cinematic configuration.

Cowlike

Feb 21, 2008
The event that triggers the cinematic (HoldFort_0 FortStandard Completed) should have bClientsideonly checked too, see if it helps with the bug

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
some idea to add for this map for adding a 2nd way up to the top / final button.

You added new stairs to prevent spam. maybe you should add there a ladder ( like nr. 1 in picture ) to the top from the platform where the new stairs go up as well. ( look at the picture @ Nr. 2 )

this Frigate is made for ut2003. The stairs helped a lot against spam :)

take a look

The event that triggers the cinematic (HoldFort_0 FortStandard Completed) should have bClientsideonly checked too, see if it helps with the bug
OMG! Yes, you're right! That fixed the problem! :D
Thank you very much :rolleyes:

some idea to add for this map for adding a 2nd way up to the top / final button.

You added new stairs to prevent spam. maybe you should add there a ladder ( like nr. 1 in picture ) to the top from the platform where the new stairs go up as well. ( look at the picture @ Nr. 2 )

this Frigate is made for ut2003. The stairs helped a lot against spam :)
Nope, no way :(
There is no possibility to make vertical ladders on UT3 at the moment.
But it's a good suggestion :D