Infiltration CE update: what needs doing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
As it stands I'm happy to put together an update for the CE, but I've not been keeping up to date so I'm a little out of touch with exactly what needs doing. So please help refresh my memory as to what needs adding or updating for a new CE, and feel free to suggest any mutators or maps that slipped through the net last time which could be worth including. So far:

What's new:
  • PsyTex
  • CamoTex
  • FaceTex
  • INFMOD_M60
  • INF_SCAR
  • INF_AKS74U
  • M4A1_RO979
  • M4A1Improved
  • MoreBeretta
  • Various Co-op mutators (from here)

What's updated:
  • OpenGL and D3D9 renderers
  • C7
  • UTCompass

Optional updates:
  • Co-op maps (see below)

What's missing:
  • INF_cFacesTWO
  • INF_AimedPistols2
  • INF_G36KImproved
  • INF_AddEquipment
  • RealTargets
  • MoreKeys (0.02)
  • n1score2
  • INF-Corporation
  • Illhaven Coop
  • Shamu Quest 2

As for the co-op files, including the co-op gametype and mutators is no problem. Including the official Unreal and RTNP files is out of the question, but I may be able to include an installer for them from the original CDs and/or an option to point the paths to wherever the files are, if already installed e.g. Steam. 3rd-party maps could also be included, but would drastically increase the file size so it may not be possible to include them all. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
The installer for Unreal and Rtnp sounds nice :)
I dunno if there have been INF-Maps released after CE, but if so, could you include them plz ???

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
funny, Psych... funny.

I'd have to agree with Psych's reskins, Snakeye's weapon muts, the M60 and the latest and greatest in drivers, but i haven't been in the loop much either. I don't know wether it's becasue nothings happening, or just nothing's happening here...

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
As I was pointing out in the other thread which have been hijacked.

If the Psytex goes out, the servers will all need to update, so if it is included some logistics work with the server admins will be necessary.

And we have to be careful about the same versions of certain mutators.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
The servers already running PsyTex shouldn't have to do anything, and the rest... well, there's few enough that I can contact the admins directly a day or two before releasing the update.

I take it you mean different versions of mutators - same versions don't tend to pose any issues :p. There's no real easy way around version mismatches other than advertise the presence of the update in as many places as possible - the welcome page on the server browser is one such place, which I'll also look into.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
So what's the plan psy's textures?
Incorporate them replacing the old ones or maintain compatibility with the old textures (Like it is now?).
I would definitly be in favor of replacing, the way it is done now is ugly.

Snakeye's M4A1

It has issues, the hip/aim positions are all fubar, and it uses a lot of DLO() calls which causes problems on some servers.

As for coop:
I would definitely be in favor of including all the !proprietary coop files, with easy `installation' of the remaining coop files (i.e. Path already set up in Infiltration.ini).

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
It has issues, the hip/aim positions are all fubar, and it uses a lot of DLO() calls which causes problems on some servers.
Partly agreed; although strictly speaking the changed hip/aim weren't my idea - though I personally prefer most of them to the original ones.

I have at least a beta for the M4A1 with DLOs removed (except one for MagCheck IIRC), not sure about RO979. Funny enough the problems on the servers were exclusively on PsyTex ones, it worked fine on XploDs non-psytex server (until it ceased to exists that is).

I definetly would NOT put the RO979 in - or perhaps with a stern warning not to ever put it on a server, since the current version does create rather ugly join lag. I think I have a beta around that does it "better" too, but it had issues on XploDs server with HUD.

Unless there's actual interest I doubt I'll roll out a newer version though - and since both don't seem to be actually popular/used I guess they don't really belong into a CE.

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Well, if it is possible, could you make that that the iron sights are a bit closer to the screen ?? Because after Firing Range experiences with the Stg 58 (FN FAL) i find it a bit too far away ingame.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
IMO, the amount of mutators that we have to use to maintain game play is ugly.
Multimut helps with cleaning that up a bit, but it is still a large chunk of mutators.

At the very least, lets get the newest and greatest releases that most servers run anyways.
The other mutators can be included if it is stable, and if we can get enough server admins to run them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Depends on wether you want an "online only" CE or something for offline players, who might use odd mutators too, in which case including mutators that are not usually used online would make sense. Perhaps split it into a main CE and an "offline mutator" package?

EDIT:
A thought occured (and I dislike double posting..): what about adding an installation guideline that gives troubleshooting tips for the most common problems with Inf running on new systems (dual core, speedstepping etc.); I think it would make things easier if people trying to get started don't have to search through (or worse start) several threads to get info on how to assign processes to a single core or get their CPU to run at constant speed.

Last edited:
yea ce must have PsyTex
In 2 days i meat few players when i was testing my server and they all have problems with that or they don t know about it
My server don t have PsyTex and they was joining the game at a middle of day :) to see how inf still look like and they are all saying it s nice to be back.
I meat players who didn t play inf few years and they are back :)
So few new and old players can t play :(
That is not good :(

In 2009 Infiltration will be a live again with old clans and new players :)

Thet is my dream abouth playing game crouse internet :D

Thet wood be nice

Picture playing today 1:00 am

http://freeweb.t-2.net/soultaker/untitled.JPG

http://freeweb.t-2.net/soultaker/

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Corporal_Lib [BR];2232203 said:
Does the AKS74U muttie was causing trouble? it definetly should be included... (thou It seems disabled in COOp servers... =/
It seems to run fine on XploDs server - I use it as secondary in many loadouts, without any issues so far. Stinkmarders servers don't run it mainly because no one asked for it - plus Stinkmarder seems rather reluctant to put new stuff on (especially from unsecure sources :D); never change a running system is not the worst way to run a server, if you're quite busy with real life too.

The AKS74U is still missing the slings though..

what abouth server browser?
When i searching servers in game serverbrowser find me just 4 server
2xSG,PlanetWeeD and xplod tdmor dtas server
I don t see cerberon server
That must bee fix 2

How to put cerberon and xplod coop server in faworite?
I allways use open location and then ip

And where can i found help how to made webserverbrowser?

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Snake, I´ve noticed that XPlod is using a previous version of the M4RO979, the improved M4A1 and the AKSU74... all these versions seems to be stable enough to be included in the CE update!

On a nide note: where are the Beppo´s latest mutators? (deploy, SP damage, bandage) I recall someone retrieved them but couldn´t find the thread...