Your Reason For Sticking Around?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Whiskey 7

Just another Earthling
Feb 2, 2008
www.whiskey7.org
Funny, I visit those too and you're just across the ditch*
I will be a tourist there in September :D so it can't be to bad...

*For those that follow: Ditch is a term Aussies and perhaps those from New Zealand use for the stretch of water between us.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
No real reason. I just knew these forums as an UT fanatic and it's a way to spend time.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
I post on occasion. I've been registered here since the late 1990's. I've moved on as far as online communities goes, but that's because there has been a decline in the UT gaming community. Until a new Unreal game is made by Epic, I don't think we'll have much of a large crowd here.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I had a small part in helping out with this site back when UT3 was coming out. I stuck around even though the political stuff got really annoying. At least we have something new to talk about now.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I post on occasion. I've been registered here since the late 1990's. I've moved on as far as online communities goes, but that's because there has been a decline in the UT gaming community. Until a new Unreal game is made by Epic, I don't think we'll have much of a large crowd here.

You did see they confirmed UT4 and it will be PC only. I'm looking forward to it.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom

The new announcement from Epic Games is going to bring some fire back into this forum. As for new communities, I can only imagine NeoGAF as being the hot message board.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
You did see they confirmed UT4 and it will be PC only. I'm looking forward to it.

WHAT?! WHEN?! WHY?! NO MORE UT! :mad:

Seriously, they need to go back to the singleplayer theme for something refreshing. What's the point in recreating the same game they've created 5 times in a row already? UT, UT2k3, UT2k4, UT3... let's not forget UChampionchip.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
WHAT?! WHEN?! WHY?! NO MORE UT! :mad:

Seriously, they need to go back to the singleplayer theme for something refreshing. What's the point in recreating the same game they've created 5 times in a row already? UT, UT2k3, UT2k4, UT3... let's not forget UChampionchip.

Well, UT development is going to be opened up to the public (or so I understood) so people might have they say about having support added for single-player niceness.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
It's the only forum site I regularly visit, read and occasionally post on. I made some maps for UT/3, so will regularly view custom map section to see what's being made. I also enjoy the witty banter, photos and actually learn a lot from the 'professionals' on the site.

Oh, and playing Killzone on the PS4 currently. ^^ props above to the level designer who works for that dev studio - nice job!

Last edited:
i personally haven't posted in ages but i do keep coming back and read stuff every now and then. mostly because of friends and acquaintances that have been made over the years.
this series, this board and the IRC channel is how i got to working in the industry and i have allot of good memories of weird stuff that has been going on around here over the years.

holy crap Casc! I haven't seen you in a few years. Nice to see you still around man.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
I still have this site bookmarked in my "news" section...so I guess it has become kind of a task to read what's up here. Was more involved when I was still mapping and did a little bit of coding. Other than that there have been nice little episodes happening here. Almost like a sitcom drama wise...:)