New MK vs. DC Character Additions Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
At Comic-Con this weekend, Midway revealed a few character additions to Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. To the right is a piece of concept art for one of those. I'll let you guess which one.

• The Joker
  • Green Lantern
  • Kitana
  • Jax

You'll also find a bunch of new gameplay videos, including combat featuring Sonya, The Flash, SubZero, Superman, Shang Tsung, and Catwoman. A couple of these even showcase Fatalities and Brutalities.

MaestroMaus

Jul 22, 2008
As far as I am concerned they where a waste of time. However, if you do watch them, i'd urge you to watch the 'farcry2 stage show demo' while your there anyway. Not only because the game is cool, but also because of the hilarious bad interviewers from Gamespot.

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
I honestly think this might not be a bad game, I liked scorp's head fire, nicely done this time around lol

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I bet this game is gonna be awesome and I just can't wait for it to come out to see some clips about the combos and gameplay about it. I used to play MK in tournaments since MK1 up to MK4 but then I got hooked in other Fighting games like StreetFighter3:ThirdStrike and WAR, which then got addicted to UT... lol. I haven't played any of the other MK games but I did see some very new stuff, graphis and models, and it makes me wonder what it would be like playing it with the UE3 engine at last.

Now, I don't know if I should buy a new PC to play UT3 or a PS3/XBox to play this great looking MK fighting game.

If this game ever comes out for the PC and allows people to MOD for it, it might just be the game I will stick with instead of UT but I do wonder what it would be like playing a fighting game with a ping.

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
MORTAL KOMBAT !

I want to play with Superman , this game is gonna be AWESOME, i wonder how the story fits in this 2 realms of MK and the DC universe, and who is the bad guys or the final bosses of the game? the time will tell.:eek:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I lost interest totally after the first MK but after watching a few vids of the game it seems like it could be fun.

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Misconception. I actually mentioned they weren't removed in the/an other thread, but I think that got missed :)

[boring]DC characters also get a move that they can pull off at the end, just that it's not called fatality, but something else (like dunno finishing move, or end move or what ever) but they didn't want the DC heroes to have a move to do with killing someone as apparently that's something they wouldn't do in their universe.[/boring]

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
FINISH HIM !!!

The MK characters do FATALITIES all of them, while the DC heroes do BRUTALITIES (special finishing moves without killing the enemy but full of violence ), only the villains of DC do FATALITIES aswell, the only special moves showed in the last comic con and E3 2008 was the fatality of SCORPION burning FLASH, and SUPERMAN smashing to the ground SUBZERO like a nail LOL :lol: