TangoDown 118

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
I acctually quite like this - but one problem though - If I select to start with, let's say the FAMAS, Drugnov, and Proxy/remotes. I start with the proxies, remotes, and a default pistol. =s [can't remember what one]

and I am unable to pick up any of the weapons as the weapon bases seem to sink into the ground. Only once have I got any extra weapons was when I found a bot with a drugnov and on the Pistols only mute, where I got quite a few SDs and desert eagles.

I take it this is my UT being retarded?

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I have no problems picking up weapons, but You are right about the starting weapons problem. Try using WoRM.

Pistols only mute sometimes doesnt work. Also there are a few assorted problems with the custom players. But there being worked on. The grenades and mines have allready been completly overhauled since that verson. As well new tracers have been added.

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
I've came to a couple of conclusions:-

#1. My UT is buggered, with weapon mutes [even WoRmM ='(] it spawns the normal weapons [except from whatever I change the start weapons and super weapons to] but changes the ammo type to what it should be [e.g.If Lightening gun = RailGun, the lighting gun will spawn but it's ammo will be Railgun Slugs.]

EDIT: Fixed this problem - seems some weapons don't like to work with Monkey Matrix sometimes. But got a new problem - when using TD weapons in conjunctions with other weapons [arkon/pain/WoE] only the TD weps have XHairs.

EDIT EDIT:- I was being a spazz, never checked Monkey Matrix - some one forgot to turn off Matrix weapons ¬_¬ - so far only checked in DM

#2. Tango down does not work with onslaught. For some reason, every time I use any TD weapons in ons. I cannot exit. If i hit esc. it pauses the game, if i hit esc. again nothing happens, and I need to press ' Pause/Break ' to unpause. Quite, annoying.

#3. Your weapon bases might not 'sink' but, do not actually spawn any weapons [see #1].

EDIT:- [Monkey Matrix likes to kill it]

EDIT EDIT:- Only if it's got Matrix on.

I'm going to try and fix/solve these problems.

So far I have checked these game types
DM - works fine with WoRM
ONS - sorta dies

Also - idea for TD, use Mr Evil's HitEffects with TD, as it would make it more realistic.
Hit Effects by Mr. Evil

I hope you consider this. =)

Now off to find more problems with UT =s

Last edited:

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
Tried out the TDplayers and Flashlight mute. I have to say, that flashlight is ****in' good. Best flashlight I've seen for UT2kX. The others I'v seen seem.. stupid. Reminds me so much of INF. And found very fun thing. Kang's Barrels + Proxies = FlakMonkey. Just place them beside or in barrels and watch the bots blow it.

Only a couple of things seem abit out of place. Sounds - They aren't... 'meaty' enough? If you get what I mean. Also when you mantel - are you supposed to go uber slow after mantling? And the key binds, Can you not just use the normal crouch key to lower position, and the Jump key to raise position, W/O having to bind them. One last thing, is the weapon always supposed to be in center [I prefer my weapons on the right, so I can see them properly (unless of course it's IG) if it is, fair enough I can cope w/o a little eyecandy] ;)

Once again, love the NV and FL, as well as those Mines - remind me of Golden Eye. I jsut wish some people would make some decent Urban Night maps. I got a few ports from UT but the lighting is horrendous.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
The Grenades, M203, and Mines have been overhauled. Expect to see a Seperate Demolition Pak later. Also Tracers, Headshots, Damage code being worked on.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
In the next patch I will have fixed the probs brought to my attention (or at least remove the offending code)
-fixed walking slowly after mantling, now returns to nromal speed when finished
-disabled tango down red crosshair for the time being. It can be enabled though.
-fixed the toggle crouch in the player code. You can bind a key to the toggle crouch button or use the standard crouch key to stay crouched so long a sthe key is held down.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Nemephosis said:
Got that patch yet? :)
Whoops! sorry about that (work and drill this weekend combine to thwart my efforts at finishing this mod!). Here is the beta 119 patch: http://students.washington.edu/mpeckabl/UTStuff/TangoDown2k4patch119beta.zip

It simply replaces the two .u files. I temporarily removed the TD crosshair, the speed after mantling is fixed now, the crouch function again works the way it is supposed to. To enable the TD crosshair (at least for the time being) you have to use the set command something like "set eckgun2k4.m9p bRemoveUTXhair true" in the console. I will be away this weekend, so if there are any bugs in it (should not be...) I will not be able to get to them until Monday.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Some bugs/issues:

Secondary used to be a slight zoom, but disabling the TD crosshair disables that I think. Secondary would be better served as a way of changing between burst-fire, single shot and full-auto (like C4's Mini14GB Police Rifle, which I'd love to see back in here.)

Also you need more models. You use the same model for about 10 things. The G36, the Benelli Shotgun, the AK74, they all look the same.

They all register as assault rifle kills. Melee is all shield gun kills.

There are no weapon icons in the weapon bar at the bottom of the screen, so I don't know what weapons I have.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Nemephosis said:
Some bugs/issues:
(like C4's Mini14GB Police Rifle, which I'd love to see back in here.)

You use the same model for about 10 things. The G36, the Benelli Shotgun, the AK74, they all look the same.

They all register as assault rifle kills. Melee is all shield gun kills.

There are no weapon icons in the weapon bar at the bottom of the screen, so I don't know what weapons I have.

Good points! and thanks for the feedback.
1. I should be able to bring back the mini14GB
2. Do you mean those weapons actually show up as the same model in game first person view? if so, open up ued and take a look at the TDweap2 package (to verify that there are other models in it). I may simply have to repackage the whole mod if there are persistent problems. In the weapon stats screen(when game is paused or before a match), because of an annoying requirement that all pickup models be static meshes (so much for saving space by using the same models twice), unfortunately all of the TD weapons get stuck to which ever non td weapon was selected last. This will be fixed when I reinclude that pickup models as static meshes.
3. ooh, I had forgotten about that :eek: . Thanks for pointing that out! I originally avoided separate weapon damages because I wanted to avoid having to have 6-7 separate classes per weapon(pickup, thirdperson, weaponfire, weapondamage, weapon, ammo, ammopickup), but I might as well add it now.
4. I actually have a texture all setup for icons (in the TDWeapTex package i think) but did not implement it yet because the weapon icon hud code was not as nice as UT's (with those wonderful powers of two icons instead of stupid 200x88 pixel ones). Once I find a good solution I will fix (I am open to suggestions for a better way of handling the icons)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
While we're on about returning C4 weapons, I'd also like to see the M240 SAW back. 100 bullet clip, accurate when crouching, them were good times.

There was also this big-ass M79 grenade launcher which left gigantic explosions I'd love back. There's probably more weapons but I can't remember them all.

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
Tango Down's player models are good, but the player animations are ugly. You should use UT2004's skeletal animations for Tango Down's player models; this would also improve Tango Down's ragdoll deaths.

Tango Down's weapon models are also good, but they need more detail; right now they look too similar, and it's difficult to tell the difference between each one. The weapons don't feel different either; all assault rifles feel the same, all submachine guns feel the same, etc.

Tango Down also needs more crosshairs; the current crosshair takes up too much space and prevents me from seeing my victim clearly. However, Tango Down's gameplay is absolutely terrific, sharing more in common SoF2's fast-paced action with than with Rainbow Six's plodding, drawn-out realism.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
jc! said:
Tango Down's player models are good, but the player animations are ugly. You should use UT2004's skeletal animations for Tango Down's player models; this would also improve Tango Down's ragdoll deaths.

I tried rigging my player models to the UT2Kx ones, but I will have to rework the model quite a bit first to prevent all of wierd distortions I get with their anims. BTW, what was wrong with the ragdoll deaths? They have always worked fine for me. Anyways, once I rework the models to fit the UT skeleton, I will update them (remember I have to remake all of the prone animations and crouching animations as well on the new skeleton). The crouching UT anims do not allow the player to stay low enough.

As for the crosshairs, I agree with you. The next patch adds an exec function which allows you to turn the TD crossshair on and off (you can find the version 120 patch on my website in the UTStuff folder, http://students.washington.edu/mpeckabl/UTStuff/TD2k4v120code.zip).

The weapon models (especially the MP5s and G3) do look very similar. I will see if I can do some more to differentiate them.

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
Don't get me wrong mate, Tango Down is the best—and only—mutator still installed on my computer. This is exactly what Counter-Strike should be like: customizable, so you can make it as realistic or action-packed as you want. I’ve coaxed more replay value from Tango Down than I have from any other mutator. (Just remember to implement headshots.)

Tango Down’s ragdoll deaths are better than Rainbow Six 3’s, but Unreal Tournament 2004’s are better still. Playing TangoDownGuns without TangoDownPlayers, guns feel incredibly powerful when you kill people with them; their bodies go tumbling and flying all over the place, like they really were killed with high-powered firearms. Playing with TangoDownPlayers, guns don’t feel the same way; people just collapse when they die.

When I plug an opponent in the chest, I expect to see him getting blown away, crashing against a wall and flipping over a railing. It’s all in the immersion, mate; I don’t expect a dead man to just fall over like a narcoleptic. Play TangoDownGuns without TangoDownPlayers, and you’ll see how much powerful those guns feel when you kill someone with them; now that's how people should die! :D

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
LOL, I actually adjusted the ragdoll parameters to make them more like the ones in raven shield (which are way more realistic) :lol: . I will see if I can add an option to select between super deaths and normal deaths.