What do you think of the Texas Execution?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
His case was reviewed by 20 different courts over the last 19 years.

This guy went a robbing spree, blasted a man with a shotgun (Who happened to live) and raped his wife. (He didn't deny this) He was convicted of killing a man outside a grocery store. (He swore he didn't do it) The one witness against him was a black woman who has never wavered in her testimony.

I'm glad he's dead. They should get rid of more lowlifes!

------------------
I'm tryin to think, but nothing happens - Curly Howard

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
ugh the death penalty...

economically and politically it makes sense

but how can anyone be the judge of who dies and who lives.... there is no moral justification...

bullet2.gif

"nice shot"

Losers_Revenge

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
but how can anyone be the judge of who dies and who lives.... there is no moral justification... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree....who chooses who can play god and who can't....

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I used to think as you do. I guess seeing these totally worthless excuses for human beings and the totally remorseless violence they commit has changed me over the years.

Before this lowlife was executed, all he could do was cry race. No apology for the lives he destroyed.

We go to war and kill human beings. Why should the death penalty be any different. In a nation of laws, those who break the law should be punished. I don't consider it murder, it's justifiable homicide.

[This message has been edited by Stosh (edited 06-23-2000).]

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
We've had people here (Canada) who have undoubtedly committed heinous crimes and should have been put to sleep. (ie Paul Bernardo) There was videotaped evidence and he and his wife (Karla Homolka) admitted to kidnapping/raping/torturing/killing two teenage girls and also Karla's younger sister. This should have been death. 100%

We have also recently, due to dna evidence, freed two innocent people who have been in jail for over 10 years for killing children. They would have been unjustly murdered by my government if we had the death penalty. That's scary.

If DNA, videotape etc. evidence proves 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, I'd love to see the death penalty. It would have to be 100% though, and not be abused if there was even the slightest, minute chance of innocense.

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Morety|PuF

The More-tician. Bringing up the dead (topics).

]LoL[ - Strength, honour, nekkidness and beer.

Bounca

Unemployed Loser
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
Too answer the question Stosh, "What do you think of the Texas Execution"

...i don't think any of us would have thought about it at all. In fact, we would have never known if it wasn't for the political sides (primarliy the Democrats) bring it to light for their own personnal agenda. Thats the really sick and sad thing! Not so much that a man was executed or he commited a nasty crime(s). But, that it was brought up as a political weapon against candidate Bush (who is pro cap punishment).

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
You have it exactly right. Gore is getting clobbered in the polls. They really don't have much ammo to lay into Bush.

This may hurt Bush politically, but he stands by what he believes.

The other side, well.....

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
No offense against Texans but this is Texas we are talking about. Texas has executed more people than any other state. It's history vs. popular belief. 9 times out of 10, history is going to win.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I have to say this, knowing that all Americans here will kick me for it!

Goerge Bush jr, should shame for this execution. This man was sentenced on the base of only one untrustworthy witness.
Several witnesses who could defend him and proof his innocence(in his last crime) were not heard, because of his incompetent lawyer. It is a fact - statistics don't lie - that a lot more blacks than whites are condemned to death, because the can't afford better lawyers. Bush didn't respond to the petitions for clemecy, as he want to be elected for president, Again, shame Mr. Bush! I also doubt that it is right to give one man the power to judge over someone's life, even if he has comitted the worst crimes.

Of course there are times, when I wish there were a death penalty(I live in Germany):
1.)Rape of children. We had several cases, in which known rapers werefreed and instantly raped a new victim
2.)Killing policemen: Happened twice in the last 14 days in Germany
3.)A few more...

But no death penalty for every murder. The state should provide competent lawyers to give equal chances to all criminals.
Students proofed that at least 20 people on death row are/were innocent and could be freed if all proof and victims were considered.

bullet2.gif

“The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination”
“Lying is a skill like any other, and if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly”
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

[This message has been edited by 8-4-7-2 (edited 06-23-2000).]

Bounca

Unemployed Loser
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
If Bush would have bent over and granted a stay of execution, people would have tagged him as weak and not vote for him. I don't vote, probably never will because of this political BS, but if I did...Bush would get my vote just for holding his ground (right or wrong, it showed character).

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_802000/802425.stm

Then look at the "Verdict Doubts" near the bottom:

Verdict doubts
Only one of six witnesses has identified Graham as the killer
Gun found on Graham could not have fired the fatal bullet
Four witnesses say Graham was elsewhere when the crime took place

I think Bush let the execution go through to save political face. Thankfully capital punishment was abolished in 1966 in the UK. Anyway, the UK justice system is way too inaccurate for something like that.

bullet2.gif

Ah, a 1978 Chateau de Zaccix. The perfect accompaniment to any meal!

Stimpy

I think the burden of proof required for capital punishment should be greater than that required for conviction. Also, capital punishment should not be used in cases where the accused could reasonably be reformed. There are many cases when I think that capital punishment is not only justified, but a must. There are a lot of psychopaths out there who kill with no remourse whatsoever. Putting them in prison just meens that they will pray on the other prisoners as well, and presents the possibility that they could escape.

Dr. Stupid

FrigginAnT

Cow Spot Pimp
Mar 23, 2000
Philly, PA
www.frigginant.homestead.com
Oh boy....very touchy subject...without having a few things happen..which are

1: having to type all my thoughts cause i dont have the time

2: have a select few get into a long drawn out discussion with me

3: having people decide im and a**hole because of my thoughts....not many but it always happens

im just gonna say this...

The world is full of people ....that for some reason or other...decide..."HEY..I FEEL LIKE PULLING OUT A GUN AND BLOWING SOMEONES HEAD OFF...JUST FOR KICKS!"

NOW, sick in the head or not...these people should be removed from the free world...but where should we put them? jail..oh yeah...so they and workout..get an education...write books and give speeches( in some cases ) oh yeah...and we are gonna pay for it too..

everyone has a right to their way of thinking on this...the only reason everyone was talking about this is due to the fact that texas has an execution pretty much once a week..and that Bush is running for president...other than that no one would hear about it. now i know this may stir up some s**t but here in philly...we have a convicted and admitted cop killer that shoulda died ohhhh 15 or so years ago...but because the legal system is the way it is...he gets to appeal over and over and over so that the taxpayers are paying for him to sit in jail and write a book...and even give a commencement speech at a college in ohio. WTF is that! kill him... yes i think if you commit and are convicted of murder, attempted murder,rape or any offense that involves a child you..you should die...plain and simple. what...they are sick in the head?...they need help? BU*LS*IT! KILL THEM! ok im done..typed more than i really wanted too...

oh yeah last thing...you you know who i was talking about above, i ask not to debate the issue here... too many people have too many things to say and no offense...most who do really are making their decision based on the media,movie stars and rock bands think..at least most people do

end of rant :)

bullet2.gif

"Hellz{FU}: Stop by the base and I'll have the flag ready for you.. I even had it dry cleaned."

AnT: "It's Good to be the King!"
{FU}Clan....I HEAR YA!!!!
www.homestead.com/frigginant/antspage.html
www.fuclan.com
CHAOS IS COMING... www.chaoticdreams.org

[This message has been edited by FrigginAnT (edited 06-24-2000).]