Binding four weps to one key

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
I just want to bind four weapons to one key so that when I hit that key it will rotate throught these four weapons.

------------------
If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
if that's not possible, is there at least some way to drop weapons from the weapons cycle. I'd like to drop the translocator and impact hammer from the next/previous weapon cycle

prettyh8machine

Dec 1, 1999
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Visit site
Drop the transloacator?? are you nuts? its one of the best additions to ut... not only does it kick *** for moving around and getting to high places but its an awesome weapon...

Whenever i die and respawn in a game that has trans enabled, i switch from the guns to the locator... telefrags are very nice...

Which brings me to another question, read next post...

prettyh8machine

Dec 1, 1999
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to make it so that if you have the locator in hand that no weapons picked up will remove it? i.e. i have an unsuspecting sniper sitting there being a campie, im ready to fire the darn telefrager and then a i pick up a weapon, it overrides what i have, makes a loading noise, sniper turns around and ends my day... which could have been all avoided had automatic weapon switch been disabled... but in most cases i want it to switch... so my question is, can you make it so that when your holding the teleporter that nothing interupts?

Also, a real real real nice script would be a beep beep sound, played when a weapon is low on ammo, looking to see isnt always conveniant... and i hate when i go to load 3-4 rockets but only have 2 and end up killing myself... sux...

Programers, we need you! get working! =)

WiwiJumbo

Nov 30, 1999
Canada
Visit site
Well, for the switching of 4 weapons with one button, I think you can do it with some Alias',
It's been a while since I've looked up the way Unreal handles alias', so here goes....

If what I remember how to bind keys in Unreal correctly, this just might work...
Edit your user.ini (For GOD's SAKE, KEEP A BACK UP!) so that the first unused alias' look like this:

Aliases[??]=(Command="switchweapon 1 | set input # Cycle2",Alias=Cycle1)
Aliases[??]=(Command="switchweapon 2 | set input # Cycle3",Alias=Cycle2)
Aliases[??]=(Command="switchweapon 3 | set input # Cycle4",Alias=Cycle3)
Aliases[??]=(Command="switchweapon 4 | set input # Cycle1",Alias=Cycle4)

I believe the "|" symbol means "and" so you'll be switching to your weapon and changing the bind.
Where ?? = The Alias number, # = the key you want to bind too, and change the weapon numbers to how you see fit...

Then scroll down to the # you want and change that so it reads:
#=Cycle1

ACK! Just thought of a problem with this setup (if it even works that is..), the way this works is that if you didn't have Weapon 3 you'd have to press # twice to get to the forth weapon! Perhaps it isn't the best solution.... (Tho' on the bright side, you can't switch to having no weapon..)

I hope this works for you. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif (I hope this works period!)

For the low ammo warning, it couldn't be too hard for a programmer type to make a mutator which flashes the hud when the ammo is starting to get low... it'd probably be best if it check what color the hud is currently and then flashed the opposite color a few times... You might want to take this to "The Mutation Device" message board (You have to go to The Mutation Device first) and ask around there.

I had an idea for a mutator which changed your hud color depending on the amount of health left... but so far it doesn't seem like anyone else is interested.. :/

Wiwi
bullet2.gif

"I trust in my abilities, but I want more then they offer"

[This message has been edited by WiwiJumbo (edited 12-14-1999).]

WiwiJumbo

Nov 30, 1999
Canada
Visit site
Jeeze... you'd think I've posted enough by now.... but no! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

PrettyH8Machine I found the answer to your problems, by accident no less.

You want to make it so that other weapons don't take away from your Translocator, well UT provides a way to edit your prefrence of weapons. Just go to the Option -> Weapons screen and drag your translocator higher up on the weapon order... tho be warned, in the middle of a fight if you hit "Best Weapon" you just might switch to the translocator! /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

That's it I'm getting some sleep.. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Wiwi

WiwiJumbo

Nov 30, 1999
Canada
Visit site
Well then, your going to have to put it at least one level below a personal tactical nucular device... I can see how that would happen. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Wiwi
(Who can't sleep, damn it!)

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Thanks everybody, thanks for the link, I will try these suggestions out and give ya hell if they dont work /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

Worst Ping

Dec 9, 1999
Visit site
I wish one of my weapons could be 'the finger'. There are times when I'm gonna die anyways or I'm getting sniped repeatedly as I respawn so I'd like to flip 'em the bird before I die.

OR, if I could moon them, that would also be great. Even better would be shooting a 'redeemer' outta my arse. The alt-fire? Don't even go there /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
In Unreal, we used to be able to bind keys to NeverSwitchOnPickup 1
or NeverSwitchOnPickup 0
One of these turns off the automatic switching of weapons, and the other turns it back on. Probably one could devise an alias that would toggle this function on one key.
I found it frustrating though, to remember which way I had left it. There needs to be a icon (or something) added to the hud to show the status of this.