Night's Edge looking for mappers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Quintin Stone

Jan 21, 2000
www.rps.net
The Edge Team is looking for some motivated mappers to join up and develop some levels for our upcoming official 1.0 release. While very well received by the community, the Night's Edge Beta was generally regarded as having only one major weakness: its lack of new maps. Well, it's true, I can't deny it. That's why I'm really trying to recruit some new talent as we work on all the new enhancements for version 1.0. So, hey, if you're interested in working on dark urban, wasteland, or other maps appropriate for the setting, let me know. The Beta was great. The next version's going to be even better.

I can be contacted at: stone@rps.net
You can visit the mod's website at: http://www.rps.net/NE

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Well the NE weapons already work in standard UT maps... just not in straight UT yet ;) (I tried the beta and the patch, no luck.)

Please, please, for the love of God, make the maps available separately!! Strike Force included their stupid map pack in the mod itself so to get at the stuff I really want I would have to download 253 MB on my 56K. It is NOT happening. (if you read this BTW, SF makers.... bite me. I don't like maps forced on me to get the thing I really want. If I wanted maps I would download them separately.)

But, in regards to your question..... I can't map, code, anything... hell I have a hard time playing ;)

But I'm sure you will get the help you need! :)

Quintin Stone

Jan 21, 2000
www.rps.net
Maps

I agree with you, and we're going to try to figure out a good compromise. Even on DSL, 250 MB is way too much to download. But I also don't want to release the mod with no maps at all. So it will likely include just a few of the best maps for each playmode. Right now it only contains 3 maps, and the total size is around 10 MB.

The current Beta patch includes a mutator with UT versions of the weapons. They're not the same weapons as in full Night's Edge, they just look the same.