Where are they now (Unreal and UT Oldschools)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Svennelito

Jan 10, 2011
I will turn 35 this summer and cannot believe how fast the years were passing by. Incredible.

Thank god I stopped aging somewhere in my twenties.;)

I have to admit that I like these "Do you remember..."-threads that pop up once every 5 years. Reminiscing about the good ol' days makes me realize I am yet only half-senile. Since the UT-99-players are referred to as old-schoolers, I guess I am more part of the ancient-schoolers. Still, I must admit it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when remembering the Unreal-days. I've been through several other games and communities since, but Unreal (and its community) is actually still the game that I've loved the most.

So, how's it hangin', PD? Long time, no see. :wavey:

/ Svennelito[oo] of the Porks

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
lol a porker

If I find Satan BMF, I will send him here to flame you 8).

He posts from time to time on Prounreal.

Who remembers the stories me and Hellbender used to write?

Tales of the Fearless 8)

Svennelito

Jan 10, 2011
lol a porker

If I find Satan BMF, I will send him here to flame you 8).

He posts from time to time on Prounreal.
Behind that thick skin of smack-talk, Satan is a cute, cuddly bear. :)

Who remembers the stories me and Hellbender used to write?

Tales of the Fearless 8)
Me! I am still waiting for the next episode. Bender... jeez... now even more memory fragments are popping up...

Reactions: SATAN<BMF>

Flesh[oo]

The Porkflutes
Jan 24, 2011
Hey dudes :) well u all sucked, Í owned u all...uve mite not have noticed, shooting me 2 peices allthetime, but in essance, I just let u :)

Anyways, that IKEA sob, nogood, warehouse sukker, latenite worker SATAN, had some memorable oneliners. First 2 my mind; "heres a weapon moron, now pick up ure game" ...:))) still crackin me up :)

anywaYS; u've been Porkfluted :)

Reactions: SATAN<BMF>

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
What, no GFC? ;)

DayX, Ulath and Coldcut and other mTw used to come into our clan channel on irc. We played sniper arena only though and they joined us a lot.

I remember all of the names too. We played so much; I think I know their names better than my real life friends. I don't remember things I need to get done during the day though :p

I was [NBS]Flak. Most of the people I played with have kids now and are off doing other things. A lot of us still chat, but we rarely play together. I haven't seen the mTw guys in about 4 years.

Razorjack

Lone Walker
Dec 18, 2008
The Netherlands
Never been part of this whole clan scene. When I started playing online 11 years ago, I just used to join a public server through the in-game server browser, instead of going on IRC to form a pick-up group.

I do think however, that players on European instagib servers, jolt.co.uk I think it usually was, might remember me (been using this nickname since day one), as I often was "that guy that comes in minutes after the match has started and still wins with like a 10 kill spread" (sorry to brag about it, I just loved instagib!) Was often asked to join a clan, but I never did. Probably because I really suck(ed) in non-instagib... :lol:

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
omg another porker!! Good to see you both still around 8)

Flak - I remember those names very well. Dayx and Ulath for sure. They were Euros like the porkfluters right? I think Dayx had a different name earlier on. I'm not quite sure tho.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
OMG Jolt.

One of the guys from Jolt had me run his 4 servers. My first experience with linux back in 2001. I didn't tell him I didn't know ssh commands and I studied all weekend to learn them.

LOL @187. I banned Iceman like 4 times.

Flesh[oo]

The Porkflutes
Jan 24, 2011
mmm, lurkin is fun :)

Actually started 2 play some again, very random, but a couple of times a week.
I installed UT2004 for the kids, and realized there actually were servers out there...with people in them?! Gets my ass handed 2 me alot, but it is still fun? actually surprised me, didnt think it would be :)

seems u never get tired on hearing "Headshot!" :)

proto

Mar 2, 2011
Hey, not sure why I decided to start looking up UT99 stuff but came accross this page and figured I would reply to this thead.

It's great to see people still posting in UT forums!! Reading up on this stuff gives me kind of a nostalgic feeling.

Anyways I played for a couple known clans back in the day, Supreme Mercenaries and when destrukt remade GreenBacks I joined them. I went by a few different names over the years: Stigma, Twista (not the one from mmss), Kurrupt, Proto. I'm friends with Joker who played in GB also and was in the clan NBK for a little. I played a lot of Rocket Arena, Deathmatch and Last Man Standing.

I'm surpised to this day there still isn't a game today that can match ut99 for me. I absolutely loved it and miss it so much :( The only real competitive 1v1 first person shorter out there now is quake live.

I play starcraft 2 now which is a good game but it's completely different obviously. Could not get into any of the new UT's, Epic absolutely ruined the game.

Some names that I remember are: xellos, chicken, xs|pain, GrimReaper, dozer, destrukt, silence, infinite, viluntj and other guys from highvoltage clan, phosgene.

Stitch_that

Sep 26, 2001
Bournemouth UK
Visit site
Hey proto , I remember you from the IGL Deck server , you always played a gg as I remember and were equal to any of the other guys you mentioned . XS|Pain used to moonlight a bit and play in the sniper clan I was in , NtHz !

I tried to install UT again recently but couldn't get it to run at all , probably just as well I think lol

medwa

May 16, 2011
I played back in those days as Unibomb. My skills were never as tuned as anyone that you listed, but I was familiar with almost all of those players. I remember you as well, Payday.

Also, Stryfe and Lenny were very good as well.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Heya Proto. I think I remember you from the #Speedpug or was it #TheBrothel pugs. You might remember me as [Ri]DagnyTaggart from back in the day.

The only game I've found that's captivated me as much as UT99 has been the 4x-RTS Sins of a Solar Empire, which I only play in online multiplayer against other people (normally in 5v5 pugs).

I play a little UT 2004 Onslaught and Invasion Monster Mash RPG now and then.

FYM_Sicko

May 13, 2011
Memories....

All the UJE/$FS§, ••DD••/GreenBacks, BMF, *UF*, ISVK, CDI, FYM, BR, SB, GF and NF, DS/NBK,VR, fooze, ABC, Pimp76, Porkflutes Guys?

I can even remember most of the names, almots 13 years later:
Overtoad, Pox, Magic8Ball, Hellraiser, Skyfox, Lenny, zulg, Sicko, Maverick, Aspirine, Bitchslap, SATAN, Butcher, The Doc, Dartastic, The Bus, Trakkasure, Terrifier, Buckwild, Dominator, Rock Bottom, Snipers Die, Necro, Coma, The General, Ixeanus, Iceman, Heed, TrawtS, The_Other_Guy, DeathToAll, Hallon, TryNotDo, Mr.Whitefolks, Daftpunk, Supababe, Boomer, Brando, Soulraver Sir Fitz, Unibomb, Kravnos, 1979, Apocalypse, Mailz, Milio, Nothing_But_Trouble, Ulath, DayX, Infinity, Stryfe

While I started this, I found my toplist of players I posted 10 years ago lol

Best Deathmatch Players, Unreal Pre 220:

1.Slut(FYM)
2.Pox (SB)
3.Embodier (DD)
4.Sanctuary (UJE)
5.Viper aka ColdCut (WoH)
6.Aspirine (DD)
7.Hellraiser (§FS§)
8.Sicko(FYM)
9.BitchSlap(UJE,FYM)
10.Infinity (DD)

Unreal post 220

1. Overtoad (DD)
2. The Butcher(BMF)
3. Pox(SB)
4. Ulath(UCD/P78/§FS§)
5. Donald (UwR)
6. Terrifier(BMF)
7. Lenny (P78,§FS§)
8. DeathToAll(SB)
9. Svennelito(Porkflutes)
10.Fister(UwR damals)

Unreal Tournament - German Players

UT-.de

1.DayX(ROD,mTw,FYM,TJBz)
2.Ulath(mTw)
3.Donald(UwR)
4.XtC(LoC, §FS§)
5.Tony(§FS)
6.ColdCut(mTw)
7.Bandit(=RR=)
8.XRay(WoH?)
9.Joerschel(NUB)
10.Horny (§FS§)

Unreal Tournament - America/Canada

1. The Butcher(BMF)
2. Homicide (C1)
3. SATAN(BMF)
4. NoMortal(GF)
5. Hawk(BMF)
6. Devl(AOD, DD)
7. Sicko(FYM)
8. DMan (AOD, DD)
9. Russian (GF)
10.Apoc (C1)

CTF:

UT Germany

1.Joe(D+D)
2.DayX(TJBz)
3.MistaMasta(UCD)
4.Miro(Reaper, MV)
5.XtC(§FS)
6.Tr8tor(D+D)
7.LordOfTheFlies(WM)
8.Tony(§FS§)
9.Helmchen(UCD)
10.PurePleasure(D+D)

CTF-NA

1.1979(C1)
2.Kravnos(C1)
3.Apoc(C1)
4.The Butcher(BMF)
5.Stryfe (GB, DD)
6.!Boom!(NBK)
7.Chimley(DC)
8.Delusion(AOD, DD)
9.Nina(AOD, DD)
10.ColdSun(SA)

As I was an ignorant german, you might miss many scandivian players and teams, and there where plenty of kickass players. Svennelito, my man! =D

I hope I caught some of your memories.
Anyone still in contact with some of the guys?

See ya!

Andreas from Germany alias
Mr.PayDay
Spring 1998 First DM on Ariza; Summer 2003 last CTF on Coret
(former Clans: §FS§, mTw, Pimp78, FYM, TJBZ, WoH)

Wow. I remember so many of these people. Even the German/Euro players. I used to alias my ass off on Euro servers with my 350 ping :)

Man I loved this game back in the day.