The necris story

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It's done, another 4-5 pages.. there WILL be a part 7 to all of this :D
You know, I have had this idea since may.. but I was a bit affraid of you know.. didn't know if people would like it or not..
Lucky for me I have 2 big fans :)
Still don't understand why no other pufers post in this thread.. ah well.. :)

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Hi:)

I don't know whether I'm replying too soon ... You mention there will be a part 7. But i think part 6 is the next bit.

Anyway. Quite apart from the individual parts, I think the overall idea is terrific. Thing is, It's pulling some very poweful coneps together. Total focus on the Necris point of view. And bringing in UT the game as something that has a kind of slide between the realities.

As to whether people are posting or not, well, I'm thinking of Hal's reply in the 'Too many goodbyes' thread. Your story, Phoenix's work on the UT story and, as it happens, those compelling topics, poetry and artwork that SaphireNights posts will be among some incredibly powerful memories of my first few months as member of this forum.

best wishes:)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah I know what you mean zenda, this is my 8th month on puf
(yes it is! :)..!..! ) and well.. I also have some great memories, a couple of great threads and you know.. the ambiance..

TO be quite honest, I wouldn't have dreamed of posting a story like this on the planetquake forum...cause.. people are so different there.. I used to hang out there but.. I don't know..
Puf is one of the better forums...not the best sorry.. :hmm: but it's defenitily in my top 3.
:p

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Here it is, part 6 (and i'm already working on part 7:)..)
Enjoy.

Part 6: The infiltration

Rhaynor looked at Loque.
“What the heck are you smiling for?”, he asked his friend.
Loque scratched his stubbles.
“I.. you see..”, he stumbled,” on the way to earth, back in the ship, I was thinking of
the UT game and somehow I was hoping seeing ..”
“Seeing what?”, Rhaynor mumbled.
“Eh hard to explain”, Loque whispered,” you know me.. I need to get to the bottom of things,
cause.. you see finding that this Liandri corp is real…”
“I still don’t understand Loque”, Rhaynor smirked and frowned.
Loque turned around and looked at his friend, he raised his arms:
“You see, there’s this one thing I don’t understand about this game!”
“What is it?”, Rhaynor asked.
“Well.. the date of the game”, Loque whispered.
And he opened his backpack. Every Necris wore a one of those, very useful for conserving important supplies and ammo.
He showed him the game box.
“What am I supposed to be looking at”, Rhaynor said with a confused tone in his voice.
“Well, look at the bottom of the box”, Loque whispered.
“Why are you whispering?”, Rhaynor asked.
“Doesn’t matter,” Loque whispered once again,” just look at the bottom of the box… and tell me what you’re reading.”
Rhaynor sighed and did what his friend asked him to do.
“Oook..,” Rhaynor began, “I see .. The unreal tournament… 2009 made by époque rising games inc. all rights reserved. Created by épo..”
Loque interrupted him.
“Well?”, he almost yelled.
Rhaynor frowned.
“Eh.. what is this,” he mumbled,” made in… 2009?”
Rhaynor looked at Loque.
“2009?”, he continued,” but .. this is the year… 2360 on earth.. right?”
“Right”, Loque whispered, “now you have to agree, this is WEIRD.”
Rhaynor opened his mouth and shook his head. He had to agree, this was spooky stuff.

“Now look,” Loque continued,” we all know about the huge world war back in the late 21st century killing almost the entire population on earth, it’s in the data files back on Necron”
Necris liked to accumulate all data on the human race they could get their hands on. Know you enemy.
Knowledge leads to victory. Ignorance leads to defeat.
Of course Loque didn’t like humans, but he had to agree on what this.. Shun Tsoe man.. or whatever his name was, had written down all those centuries ago.
“Loque”, Rhaynor said with astonished voice,” why didn’t you tell us this game was over 350 years old?”
Loque sighed and looked around him.
“Well..”, he mumbled,” I didn’t think you guys .. were interested in one of my eh.. rants or well.. a silly game you know.”
“But we would have if you had told us how old it was”, Rhaynor laughed,” look you said the name Liandri appeared in the game and the building we’re about to charge is owned by the Liandri corporation!”
Rhaynor paused.” Now .. we NEED to get to the bottom of this, how is it possible that a game made in the 21st century, ends up in the 24th?

All of the sudden Aryss spoke to his fellow Necris.
“Allright, we came up with a battle scheme, all I need is 30 warriors to invade the Liandri building while the rest of us are keeping the human army busy.” Aryss paused and took a deep breath.” Now, we don’t want to underestimate the firepower of this small army. Inside the building you may even expect heavy resistance. Do need hesitate for half a Kraylin!!
“But how are we going to get in there ?”, Malakai shouted.
“There’s a sewage system beneath this technocentre.”, Aryss said with a calm voice.,” see that lasergrid there? We’ll have it disabled in 5 kraylins or less. So primitve.” He paused for a moment.
“Anyway, 30 volunteers will make their way through that sewer and end up .. here!”
All of the sudden a huge “blueprint” appeared in front of the Necris clans. Aryss had set up a
G-console. These devices were able to show a transparent image, a so called “blue print” of a building.
“Where did you get that”, Malakai whispered. He was baffled. How could they’ve made a “blue print” of that Capital building this fast?
“Apparently our friend Malakai hasn’t heard about the newest technology implemented into the system consoles of the Phalanx,” Aryss said with an amused tone in his voice.
“Latest technology enables us to make G-console images of buildings, even from outer space. However ships need to be in 5000 km range. Here you can see an superbly detailed image of the inners of the C.B. Every room, every small detail expect for lifeforms. That’s the only flaw in our technology so far. That’s because lifeforms aren’t always stationary and we can’t track them on our g-c images. We need to perfect the devices, this is all we have so far. And I’m satisfied.”

Aryss paused and looked at the Necris crowd. He saw nothing but determined warriors, ready for battle.
“Just to let you know”, he continued,” this technocity is the last one which has not been conquered by us today. Not yet that is. Half a quatron ago I received a message, Necris clans saying they had concurred the famous “Morpheuscity”. Now THAT is an accomplishment! And I want those humans to crawl at our feet!! We must take control of this planet!!”

Side-note: Morpheuscity was one of the most special human space bases, orbiting the sun!! Of course at a cool distance of 45 billion kilometres, and protected by a large atmospheric defense shield. It’s defensive systems were very impressive, for human technology that is. Mcity was supposed to be a final hidden outpost for humanity. An asylum. Although well hidden, it didn’t take the Necris very long to find it.
The last human base had fallen into their hands.

The Necris crowd shouted! One big yell. Then Aryss rose his hand.
“All we need now, is 30 volunteers,” he said, again with a calm voice. No matter what he had done in the past, this guy was a natural born leader.
Aryss was glad he was able to come along on this mission, to man a vessel again. Sure it wasn’t the phalanx, but it suffised. The thought of being stuck back on Necron, while the others are waging war on Earth .. it send shivers up his spine. More on Aryss later.

“I’ll volunteer”, Rhaynor shouted,” and so will my fellow Phayder.”
“I’m with you “compadre”, Barak yelled!
Laque looked at her Blaidenmaiden.
“Who’s with me?”, she whispered and smiled.
“ I for one am”, Visse grinned.
“Count me oh fearless leader”, Arachne yelled.
“Can I come as well?”, Jared whispered.
“Sure you can”, Nocturna smirked,” that is, if you can put up with me getting in your way and
claiming all the kills?”
“Sho’ thing honey”, Jared smiled.

It came down to 9 bladenmaiden, 12 Phayders, 4 Tuglocks and 5 Raven.
The human army was waiting for the Necris assault. They were too afraid to come from behind their barricade.
“Operation Overlord”, Loque whispered.
“Say what”, asked a nervous Blaidenmaiden.
“Eh nothing..”, Loque grinned.
“You’re a weird dude”, she laughed and joined the assault group.
“What was that all about?”, said Rhaynor to his friend with a sneaky voice, “that was a cute blaidenmaiden right?”
Loque sighed and nodded.
“Shut up”, he mumbled to his friend and smiled.
“I wonder if she has a partner?”, Rhaynor smirked.
“Well go and ask her”, Loque said with a silly voice.
“Not now” ,Rhaynor whispered, ” I mean we’re ready to assault that building, and what use would it have asking her now, suppose she gets killed in there or me, .. and I can always ask her if we survive this?”
Rhaynor looked at Loque, as if he was waiting for a reasonable answer.
“You’re right Rhaynor”, Loque laughed,” now let’s join the assault group. They’re waving at us.”

A young tech “hacked” the console generating the laser grid which protected the entrance to the sewers.
The assault group jumped in. Aryss ordered the Necris war parties and clans to open fire upon the small human army.

“Eeeh yucky”, Cayla shouted,” I’ve stepped into a hot charles..” Cayla was one of the younger Blaidenmaiden.
“Eh a what?”, Barak asked.
“A hot charles!”, she hissed.
“Oh excuussse me”, Barak laughed.
“Be quiet you two,” Laque whispered,” we’re approaching the entrance to the building.
Now as Aryss told us, they’re probably expecting us. I want your finger on the trigger of your gun, and expect… or storm troopers… or defensive mechanisms such as laser turrets and trip mines.
“Trip mines”, GaX asked with a silly voice,” we’d see one of those lying around now would we?”
“Unfortunately humans already have the technology to cloak trip mines.”, Laque whispered.
“Oh”, Gax said with a husky voice.
The sewer was warm. And an incredible stench filled the Necris with disgust . Not even on Necron there were places as dirty and infested as this sewer.
The creatures running around weren’t threatening at all, but they were ugly as hell. Some of them had 3 eyes, or 6 legs, or even better.. 2 mouths.
“Ok”, Laque whispered,” we’re here, this is the entrance of the building.”
“What? This old rusty door?”, Jared asked.
“No, behind this door is ..”Laque swallowed. The fumes of the sewer seem to get to her.” ..well a room of course, but we have to be careful, we don’t .. know what’s in there!”
She pointed at Loque, Arachne and a Bragg, a semi veteran Tuglock.”
“Get your disintegrators ready, this door appears to be old and weak. We’ll blow him to pieces. IF there is a squad of storm troopers behind that door, they might be too surprised to react in time. So that should buy us time to jump inside and take them out.
“But Laque, what if they’re wearing Hydromasques?”, Malakai almost yelled.
“Get a grip leader of the Phayder”, she snarled,” I don’t believe this, you do know the disintegrators are very powerful weapons? We can only fire once every 1 Triniton (=2 minutes) but it disrupts the sensors in the humans’ battlesuits for 5 Kraylins. That should, again, buy us enough time to take them out. Understood?”
Malakai pressed his lips together and felt the eyes of the other Necris upon him. He knew Visse was looking as well, but he didn’t seem to care. All he knew was that his rep as a leader was damaged. He had failed to remember a standard datafile about one of the most important weapons Necris used on their assaults.
“Understood”, he said with a quiet voice.
“Fine,” Laque sighed,” now let’s stand back. These 3 Necris have a job to do! Take cover and get ready!”

The Room behind the door. It was dark, one red light lit up the place, a small mutant rat crawled back in his hole.
Then came the explosion and the smoke, the debris flying around.
The Necris jumped in the room and opened fire!
3 human troopers fell down. Their blood stained the cracked floor.
“****, you were right Laque”, Visse sighed.
“I’m not surprised”, she whispered,” humans are so predictable.
“What happens now,” Cilia asked and coughed. The smoke was starting to clear up.
“Maybe we shouldn’t have done this”, Nocturna said with a nervous tone in her voice, “ I mean they know we’re here now, and they might change their positions and…”
“Doesn’t matter”, Laque said with a firm voice,” I’m pretty sure they had us on their scanners when we entered the sewers.”
She paused and looked at her fellow fighters.
“We’ll split up into 5 groups”, she whispered,” a group this large wouldn’t be as organised as a small group of 6. Let’s form teams and split up.”
She pointed towards a staircase. “We’ll climb up there, open the door, and split up.
Now our goal is to find the leader of this building. If he or she falls, it’s all over.”
Loque nodded. Did he admire his sister or what? She never seemed to show fear. She was so determined and strong.
And so the group climbed the stairs, hacked the lock on the door, and entered a large hall. At the end of the hall were 4 turbolifts.

“No sign of lifeforms in the vicinity,” Rhaynor mumbled,” otherwise this tensor (Necris ultra techie sensor device. 100% reliable.)
“What if they’re cloaked?”, Arachne whispered;
“Then this thing would show them on screen!”, Rhaynor smiled.
“Wow, that advanced?”, she laughed,” human cloak shields were supposed to hide their body heat etc..?”
“Well their cloaking fields are useless against this baby”, Rhaynor grinned.
“How very cool”, Arachne giggled.
Rhaynor frowned. “You bet your sweet arse it is!”, he laughed.
Then the Necris split up into 4 directions, each team carried a tensor. Just in case.
Loque, Visse, Rhaynor, Tchi, Cilia and Jared were on the same team.
They proceeded to the large turbolifts, leading to the next floor of the building.
The other Necris teams were already gone in the other turbolifts.
“Good luck”, Loque whispered to Rhaynor.
“ We don’t need luck compadre”, Rhaynor smiled,” we’re Necris.”
Loque smirked and stepped inside the big turbolift.
Then it took off, making it’s way to the next floor.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I .. I ..I don't believe what i'm seeing here.. I .. I :D

ANother poster in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES! :D

Tnx for the feedback Kliwx :)
Yes hot charles.. :D NIce to known someone else aside from phoenix and zenda is reading this :)

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
The tension is building.....

I hope that us humans kick those necris bastards back to where they came from!!!!! No one messes with Liandri! :mad: sorry, couldn't help that...:)

Gripping. I can't wait to see what happens next. And when he gets back im sure Zenda will agree. ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Holy poop on a stick :D 2 new posters! :)

Make sure you use or the male grail skin, or the female cryss or visse skin :

Heh here's part 7.. and i've already started on part 8...
Yeah I know i'm insane.

:p

Part 7: The first floor…

The turbolift stopped at the first floor. A soft humming sound, and the doors opened.
3 rifles came out, pointing at different directions.
“All clear”, a large man said. It was Tchi, a member of the Raven clan.
“Ok, let’s proceed..”, Rhaynor whispered,” Visse, show us your copy of that g-console image again?”
There were few lights illuminating the long corridor. Not a sound could be heard, aside from the footsteps of the Necris wandering through the corridor.
All of the sudden Rhaynor raised his hand and the group stopped moving.
“What is it, Rhaynor?”, Jared whispered.
“I’m not sure, my tensor is registrating lifeforms at the far end of the corridor”, he whispered back.
They had to be quiet, suppose the humans had installed screaming devices on the walls and cloaked them? “Screaming devices”, small horrible weapons, activated when someone exceeded the maximum sound limit. Then they would produce a highly pitched, brain stewing scream. Most of the times good enough to blow your head apart. The tensor should read them though…

“Keep your gun ready”, Visse ordered them.
“Who made you the boss?”, Cilia mumbled.
“I’m the second in command of the Blaidenmaiden clan”, she hissed.
“Ok, but this isn’t your clan you know”, Cilia whispered back.
“Will you 2 keep quiet?”, Rhaynor hissed,” I’m not sure what to expect down the corridor, but it appears we might be in for a fight!”
“Why don’t we go to the left?”, Jared mumbled.
“Cause it’s a dead end, you know,” Rhaynor whispered,” that g-c image showed us that, didn’t it?”
“Oh oh yes”, Jared stumbled,” I’m sorry I’m nervous.
“Dead end”, Loque mumbled,” let’s hope THIS won’t be OUR dead end.”
“Oh do shut up already,” Tchi snarled,” what are you a Necris warrior or a human cry baby?”
Loque nodded.
“Yeah you’re right”, he sighed, “I’m sorry. I’ll try and keep my cool from now on..”
Visse held her gun with a steady grip and aimed it and the far end of the dark corridor.
“C’mon then”, she whispered,” what the **** are we waiting for? Let’s move!”
The other Necris followed her.

Outside the building, the Necris war parties and clans had a rough time battling the small human army.
“Status”, Aryss yelled. His voice was barely heard amongst the cries of the soldiers, the gunfire and the roaring of the Razors flying by.
A semi veteran Necris lieutenant looked at the battlefield, then at his commander:“ Despite the heavy resistance we’ve stumbled upon, we’re making progress. It appears we have found a weak spot in the humans their defensive systems.”
“So what are we waiting for?”, Aryss yelled back.
“Quiet frankly sir”, the lieutenant shouted,” it’s not going to be that easy, you see the humans have powerful lasercannons, but it takes time to reload them. Unfortunately a group of snipers is holding us back from destroying those cannons!”
“Snipers?”, Aryss sighed,” how many?”
“We’ve counted 15 so far”, the lieutenant yelled. A razor was hit and fell down to earth. A huge explosion, and debris flying by made the two men search for cover behind a nearby Freylon.
“So what we have here”, the lieutenant continued,” is a small, but prepared human army, who put up a heavy fight!”
“There must be a way to end this quickly”, Aryss mumbled,” If only Loque was here…”
“Excuse me sir”, the lt shouted.
“Loque”, Aryss yelled back. A squad of Razors flew by.
“You see kid”, he continued,” Loque is one of our finest marksmen, he’s has a wonderful aim.”
“But he volunteered to infiltrate the building sir right?”, the lt yelled.
“Yes he did”, Aryss shouted and started coughing. The smoke surrounding the battlefield got to him.”
“Let’s go inside the Freylon sir”, the lt said with a worried tone in his voice.
“No no”, Aryss laughed, “thanks for the concern officer, but I’m fine. I can take this.
No, I think it’s time for me to do, what I ought to have done when engaging assault on that human resistance army.”
“What sir?”, the lt asked him with a husky voice.
“Join the battle, up close!”, he cried and took his laser rifle and an ammo belt.
“I want 10 Necris to cover my back, I’ll take those snipers out, even if it’s the last thing I’ll do!”, Aryss yelled.
“Ok you’ve got it sir”, the lt smiled. He really admired his commander.

Aryss crouched down on a “ safer” spot nearby the Capital building and put on his sniperview. These were specially designed hi-tech goggles, enabling a zoom up to 50 meters distance. A small x-lock would appear on the goggle if a target was in range. 10 Necris warriors surrounded him, shooting at the human barricades.
“Now where are those filthy rats hiding”, Aryss grinned and putted his finger on the trigger.

“Told you it was a trap”, Visse whispered.
“What are you whispering for”, Rhaynor laughed, “the humans are dead! See, they’re lying at our feet, their blood is all over the place oooh I like this…”
“But but suppose there are others hiding..” ,Visse mumbled.
“Eh my …tensor.. would read them?” Rhaynor smiled.
“Oh okay”, she sighed.
Tchi looked at his leg.
“Does it hurt bad?”, Loque asked him.
“Yeah, kind off”, Tchi whispered and cringed his teeth, “it won’t stop bleeding.”
“Don’t worry,” Loque sighed,” give me your medkit.”
Loque opened Tchi’s backpak. Tchi sighed. How could he forget about that medkit?
“Why is everybody so nervous?”, Loque smiled and looked at his friend Rhaynor.
“Well, this IS a bloody important raid Loque”, Rhaynor mumbled,” if we find the leader, hiding somewhere in the building, and take him out.. well.. it’s all over then.”
“Hope he can tell me something about UT”, Loque whispered.
He grabbed Tchi’s medkit and took out a small needle, and filled it with a healing fluid.
“There Tchi, this should stop the bleeding and ease the pain”, Loque smiled.
“Now that is one yucky uniform you got there Tchi”, Jared said in a teasing manner.
“Ahaha”, Tchi laughed, “you’re just jealous cause I’m wearing a blue uniform and blue really goes with white!”
Jared laughed back and shook her head.

Lucky for them they had been able to switch on the emergency lights. The human storm troopers where stationed near a power control room. Of course the corridors we’re still poorly lit, but if was way better than before.

“Nice red lighting”, Visse said to Loque.
Loque looked up and was rather surprised.
“You talking to me?”, he stumbled.
“No, I’m talking to the wall behind you Loque, “ Visse whispered,” see I really like talking to
the walls!”
Loque frowned and a scratched his right cheek.
“Very funny”, he smiled.
“How are you doing”, Visse asked in a serious manner, “Are you coping through all this?”
Loque looked at her, and then at his boots.
“I’m .. I’m doing ok, I mean this is my first real battle, you know..my first real BIG battle..”
“Yes”, she smiled, “and in my opinion, you seem to be doing fine.”
“How is that”, he asked her and frowned.
“Oh, you see,” she whispered,” you’re keeping your cool, I mean, sure you’re under a lot of stress, as all of us are..” She paused and took a small snack out of her backpak.
“Energizers”, she said whilst eating the delightful snack,” makes sure .. you stay alert you know.”
Loque smiled.
“Anyway”, she continued,” … when we were fighting those troopers, I noticed you staying really cool while the others went berserk. I mean, you and Rhaynor… one of you could absolutely make it to “leader of the Phayders” if you ask me.”
She raised her eyebrows and nodded at Loque.
“Want a bite?”, she asked him.
“Eh?”, Loque mumbled,” oh yeah sure thanks Visse.”
“That’s o’right Loque”, she smiled and walked towards Jared and Cilia.

Loque was baffled. He didn’t know what to think. Here he was, sitting down on the cold floor of a dark building of the Liandri corporation. Two Trinitrons ago, he had been battling a large group of human storm troopers and indeed, he didn’t lose his cool.
But what gripped him most, was the fact that Visse had been watching him.
Could it be, that she still had feelings, hidden feelings that is, for him.
He was too afraid to ask her. What if she wouldn’t know what to say?
What if it would open old wounds?
I mean, it had been a long time since Visse actually talked to Loque.
And he didn’t feel like spoiling this precious moment.
He looked at the packaging of the small snack and read the content on the back.
“This .. will.. make ..you.. feel .. alive .. again.. more .. than .. ever”, he whispered.
He sighed. “ It sure has”.

“Incoming message from Laque’s team”, Jared shouted.
“Not so loud”, Cilia whispered!
“Oh okay”, she mumbled.
The other Necris gathered around her.
“This is Laque, what is your status? We’ve eliminated 2 teams of storm troopers. Unfortunately we’ve also lost 2 team members.”
“Fine over here”, Visse said with a firm voice,” we’ve also eliminated a team of troopers, but we have no losses on our team, Tchi is hurt but he’s getting better.
Laque sighed through the com channel.
“Glad to hear that. We’ll make our way to the second floor. Appearantly there are a lot of life signs up there. Expect heavy resistance. We’re teaming up with team 2.
I suggest you guys teaming up with the other teams! Meet them at a nearby turbolift.”
“Talk about a tygron”, Loque mumbled,” we’ve just received an incoming message of the third team.” Loque opened a second com channel.
“This is Nocturna speaking. All the other team members are dead. We were overwhelmed by 4 teams of troopers and the bastards had set up a series of screamers along the walls.. cloaked of course. For some reason, our ****ing tensor didn’t read them. I’m meeting up with you, stay where you are. I’ll be there in a couple of Trinitrons. Nocturna out.”
“Damn, how about that”, Tchi whispered.
“Wait”, Visse yelled,” what about team 5?
Jared tried contacting them.
“No response”, she said with a grim voice.
“Ok”, Visse whispered,” this is not good, it appears we’ve already lost 13 fellow Necris.”
“Maybe the tensors aren’t THAT reliable”, Rhaynor sighed.
“Then”, Visse whispered back to him,” we’ll have to rely on our feelings instead of on a not so trustworthy device.”
“Agree”, Loque said with a firm voice, “we better carefully watch every move we make from now on.”
“We’ll wait for Nocturna to meet us here”, Visse mumbled,” and then we’ll make our way to the turbolift, which will take us to the second floor.”

“Got another one”, Aryss grinned.
“You’re doing just fine”, a Necris soldier smiled back at him.
“Of course”, Aryss laughed whilst scanning the barricade with his goggles, “this laser rifle is state of the art.”
And a scary rifle it was too! It literally fried the enemy, searing the flesh of their bones!
“10 down, 5 to go”, he snarled,” c’mon arseholes, show me your faces!”

The Necris team stopped in front of the turbolift.
Nocturna pressed one of the buttons. Nothing happened.
“It’s secured, those dirty bastards secured the lift with a code”, she hissed and slammed the wall.
“No biggie”, Rhaynor smiled and started hacking the console on the wall.
It only took him half a triniton.
All of the sudden Loque received an incoming message on his com channel.
“Laque here dear brother”, she smiled, “we had to hack the turbolift in order to gain access to the second floor. I’m sure you’re experiencing the same problem. We’ve already taken out a team of high classed troopers. Laque out.”
“Was that Laque?”, Jared whispered.
“Yes,” Loque sighed,” the other teams have already made it to the next floor and they’ve taken out a squad of high classed troopers.”
Rhaynor frowned.
“Damn”, he said,” those guys wield heavy weaponry you know!”
“Yeah, “Visse smiled, “but they’re slow and clumsy.”
“How do you know”, cilia whispered.
“Heh me and Jared here”, Visse grinned,” once fought one of those squads, and it took us only 2 trinitons to terminate them We were raiding a building of the Shades corporation.”
“Ok fine,” Cilia sighed,” your experience might come in handy now…”
Visse smiled and stepped into the turbolift.
All of the sudden a trooper fell through the roof and almost crushed her! He aimed his gun at Rhaynor but before he was able to pull that trigger, Loque took him out with a lasermark between the eyes.
“****!”, Visse shouted!
“Oh man”, Rhaynor yelled,” thanks.. thanks for saving my life Loque!”
Loque put his hand on Rhaynor’s shoulder.
“Are you o’right compadre?”, he smiled.
“Thanks to you Loque,” Rhaynor laughed, “I OWE you BIG time.”

Visse got on her feet and whipped the dirt of her uniform.
“Damn son of a bitch,” she growled.
“Are you ok”, Loque asked her. He was very worried that she might’ve been seriously injured by that trooper falling on her.
Visse sniffed and whipped the blood of her lips. Her nose was bleeding heavily.
“Guess I’ll have to use my medkit now”, she smiled, “don’t worry Loque I’m ok, nothing broken. I’m still in one piece.”

Loque was relieved.
All of the sudden he received another message on his com channel.
“Who is it?”, Tchi asked.
“Oh well what about that”, Loque smiled.
“This… is Barak, from team 5. Me, Vaughn and Nayli are still alive. We’ve lost 2 team members to those blasted ****ing trip mines. It appears we’ve underestimated the human cloaking devices.
“It appears we have”, Jared sighed,” Laque’s team has also lost 2 members.”
Barak sniffed. “Anyway, we’re making our way to the turbolift. Don’t wait for us. We’ll manage.”
“Prepare yourselves for high classed storm troopers on the next floor”, Loque said with a husky voice.
Barak nodded: “Thanks compadre. Barak out.”

“Well, no use in waiting any longer”, Jared mumbled”, lets make our way to the next floor.”
“Wait”, Loque whispered and took out his special shockrifle. He took one step inside the lift and literally perforated the ceiling.
Another storm trooper fell trough.
“Stupid son of a bitch”, he growled.
“Smart thinking”, Visse smiled.
“Ah well, you see the other part of the ceiling was still in one piece and..” Loque mumbled.
“Good work compadre”, Jared grinned,” now let’s move.”
The Necris stepped inside the dusky turbolift.
The doors closed and the lift set his way to the next floor.

The death silence returned to the gloomy corridor.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Oh yeah, what do you guys think?
I want to use this in my sig. Don't worry, i'll scale it.
I mean, when the story is finished, the thread will dissapear in the depths of the puf forest.. :)
Anyway, I want to make it live forever :D

Problem is I have trouble uploading it. i'm using ws_ftp pro.. but ehMM :( ok i have to admit i'm a dummy when it comes to html stuff sigh...I know how to navigate the www etc.. but stuff like this :) Guess i'm still a noob. Can anyone help me out?

Here's the pic..

Last edited:

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Originally posted by _Zd_Phoenix_
The tension is building.....

I hope that us humans kick those necris bastards back to where they came from!!!!! No one messes with Liandri! :mad: sorry, couldn't help that...:)

Gripping. I can't wait to see what happens next. And when he gets back im sure Zenda will agree. ;)
I certainly do agree. It's all blending together.

Closing in on the paradox of UT the ancient game!

I like the way that the Visse - Loque is blending the romance and the warrior - bonding in one go.

Strategic use of a guarded sniper ... neat!

This is working - BIG time :)

I look forward to the next part.

Now then, that picture ... could you clarify what you want to do. At first sight it looks like you solved your problem of uploading it ... er ... it's there. I bet I'm missing something!

However, I am at your service. How can I help?

nb: for what its worth - cos though I have done my own website with the aid of front page and have used WS ftp, I'm a n00b on the net as well - but whatever it is you need, if I can do it, I will.:)

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Meanwhile, what I've done is to have copied it and had a look.

the original file size is 30KB.

I put it into PhotoDraw and have now got 2 other versions that have been 'optimized' - according to Microsoft - for the web. one of them is not 22KB and the other one is 14KB.

I'm going to try someting.

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
Now you see if I were there, the necris scum invading OUR planet would all be dead by now;)
But anyway.....

Originally posted by Zenda
This is working - BIG time :)

I look forward to the next part.

Can't say much more than that can I?

Originally posted by Zenda
I'm a n00b on the net as well - but whatever it is you need, if I can do it, I will.:)

Im not a noob on the net, but anything technical goes strait over my head. I've got every major program available and don't know how to use one of 'em. sad huh?

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
After reading all this, I have only one thing to say: This story friggin 0wnz! :)

Keep up with your great work, NeoNite!

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
OK, Compressed to 22 and 14 K respectively ... one problem, they're bloody Huge ... I tested an {img} ...{/img} ... bleh, it made ARUZINSKI look modest. So click to them if you want. meanwhile, I'm going back to the drawingboard to see if I can get them to post at your original size.

BWAHAHAHHAH .... I think I've got it.

And this one is down to 15K
15Ksignn.jpg

And this is down to 11K
11Ksignn.jpg

I can get it down to 7K but then it starts looking like rubbish.
I'm pretty sure I can get them to be smaller on the page and maybe smaller in file size, but I'll wait for your further instruction.

:)

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well the thing is, :hmm: I need a site where I can upload the pic too, so I can link it in my sig.. I know i sound silly.. noob when it comes to html etc.. :/
Thnx zenda for modifying that pic, i've scaled it a bit, it's down to 16 kb now.
I'll post it really soon, and part 8 is coming as well.

Btw Thanks Gamma_sword :)

Status
Not open for further replies.