Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
51L1SGSSNnL._SS500_.jpg

Weird not hearing Tarja but it's definitely Nightwish and will continue to be so long as the main song writer d00d (keyboard guy, I think) is still around.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Yeah the IT guy at work was telling me that...OHH i almost for got there is a utility that you can get to increase the fan speed. You can get it right of the NIVIDA site.

I use Rivatuner.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

Its a good app that allows a lot of control over your video card including fan control, which you can make your own presets based on card temps, and a ton of stuff for overclocking and monitoring the cards status/temps.

flo0tz

May 1, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
The Orange box - blew through HL2 ep1 and 2 and I must say I really need closure on HL2 now. Damn addictive SP games.
Portal was winnage, but short.
Now addicted to TF2.

Also bought an 8 gig ipod nano (widescreen)

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
51i33FK1S2L._AA240_.jpg
51KFc8NmnyL._AA280_.jpg
513GNABJX6L._AA280_.jpg

Finally bought GoW, been putting that off for a while now. Morrowind was sort of an impulse buy, mostly because I'm sorta depressed that there's not much more to do in Oblivion anymore (Shivering Isles on the Euro PSN, please...). It was dirt cheap, so there wasn't really any reason not to. I certainly hope to spend as much time on it like I did with Oblivion.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
The boss just bought a bunch of these:

31d4waymotlaa280ly3.jpg

3M Precise Mousing Surface. Mine is currently TAPED to my desktop, at a rather jaunty angle. Thing doesn't grip for ****. The only reason I haven't dug out my old cloth-topped mousepad is that it really does do a good job helping keep my el cheapo optical mouse from zooming up to the top right corner of the screen for no good reason.

Me? Pizza and beer. And
51nlfcmi5klaa240dh4.jpg

Only $10 at Target this week.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
The boss just bought a bunch of these:

31d4waymotlaa280ly3.jpg

3M Precise Mousing Surface. Mine is currently TAPED to my desktop, at a rather jaunty angle. Thing doesn't grip for ****. The only reason I haven't dug out my old cloth-topped mousepad is that it really does do a good job helping keep my el cheapo optical mouse from zooming up to the top right corner of the screen for no good reason.

Me? Pizza and beer. And
51nlfcmi5klaa240dh4.jpg

Only $10 at Target this week.

would all that not have been better spent on a decent mouse?

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
would all that not have been better spent on a decent mouse?
My boss bought them for a few different comps, some that didn't have one to begin with. I didn't even know he'd ordered them. Didn't know how much they suck until I tried one out.

If you're suggesting I should have invested my pizza/beer/Simpsons money in a new mouse, I may have to slap you. :mad:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Well, I didn't really "buy" these per se, but I just got them.

My video card burned out on me so I sent it in for service. I guess since it's just a year and a half old they felt the need to upgrade me for free. I went from a 7900GS 512MB to an 8600GTS 256MB (XFX XXX edition, which is like factory overclocked or something) which includes Company of Heroes.

[screenshot]http://images.tweaktown.com/imagebank/xfx86gtsxxx_05l.JPG[/screenshot]
Companyofheroes_pcboxboxart_160w.jpg

I don't know anything about this game other than it's a WW2 RTS, and I don't care for RTS games. Anyone wanna' buy this from me for 15 bucks?

The card is nice though, I was thinking about just going ahead and getting an 8800 but this one includes the DX10 chipset so now I won't need to for awhile. User and editorial reviews are very nice, excellent benchmarks for maxed out UT3, CoD4, even Crysis on high settings (@ DX9 of course, I don't even have Vista).
I'm pretty pleased they went ahead and upgraded me instead of just returning my 7900 with some factory service.

Last edited: