DM-DangerousCurves2003

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-(ClanG)-Darkstar

Entropic Mapper
Hi everybody.
Some slight considerations on my 'bashed' map. No I don't want a flame, not here.

It seem that I'm not very lucky with reviewer, but this will not change my mapping attitude. I enjoy mapping, and modelling and my maps will be always out of standards.
I thought with this review to have a confirmation of the community feedback, that consider the map good, but it seem that the reviewer has a different point of view. I accept your ideas but I want you to consider those feedback.

Look on the top of italian site www.unrealitalia.com
Look at the vote on map raider: http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1893
Look at this thread on the Atary forum: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=375089
And look at your Insite Review Schema:
"5 : An average map that is worth a look. The author may require some refinement in the technical side of the unreal editor, whether this is in the field of gameplay or AVA. ".
Well I don't see any technical lack, and the gameplay, considering the "giant scale maps", is one of the best you can find.

Some technical:
The fan shadow exist (the lamp is on my bed room like the other furniture), I will post a picture of it. You will notice it's larger, touching the walls. But on the map the color of the shadow became "glued" and unrealistic on the ceil stretching the projector... horrible.
The two girls are about 3300 poly each with a collision poly of 1500 each, the original model was about 600poly, and I've decided not to increase the number of poly, to leave the frame rate acceptable. Yes many people has request more poly and a more detailed texture... next time ;)
I will tell my wife that you like the quilt, and send you the address I you want to buy it :p

I agree with technical comments, and I like comments of all kinds. I'm sure that the map should be better, and hope to do better the next time. I hope the community enjoy this map, as I've enjoied creating it. I hope that many other people will download it, assuming the risk of appearing puerile.

Tnks

lophead

-(ClanG)-Darkstar said:
Hi everybody.
And look at your Insite Review Schema:
"5 : An average map that is worth a look. The author may require some refinement in the technical side of the unreal editor, whether this is in the field of gameplay or AVA. ".
Well I don't see any technical lack, and the gameplay, considering the "giant scale maps", is one of the best you can find.

I don't feel you were 'bashed' too hard, although it is apparant TS shows he's a little partial when it comes to giant maps (and I'm sure there are a few people who are). The problem with novelty maps is that they often do suffer in gameplay and replayability, and that we don't compare your level against other "giant scale maps" but against *all* other maps. There's a limit to how good a giant map can be (even if it were to have near perfect construction), because it simply loses points for gameplay by design.

(Keep in mind, I'm just observing what has been said in the review and have not played your map since I've uninstalled UT2k3 a while ago).

Anyway, there's always the user comments/scores. Also, remember your score doesn't necessarily mean success or failure (though it often can) but where your map rates with respect to our schema and our system of reviewing. Good luck with your next creation :)

Last edited: