[Laudanum] Victorian steampunk horror mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

8mm_BuLLEt

I will rule the world!
Nov 3, 2003
South-south-west england
Visit site
one thing that WOULD make Laudanum sucsessful (to the bloodthirsty gut-twisting blood draining freaks) is backstabs on dark maps. e. g. sombody creeps up (walks) and then lifts up the knife (dur dur DUR DUR) then SPLAT. there he goes. and also my gothic knife i meansioned. the Villager, i saw you talking about... maybe a pitchfork used as a pike for charging. by "charging" i mean it IS an attack, but you hold down primary (mouse1) and run into sombody. so you dont automatically run. sickle? sythe (grim reaper fans)? about that gametype you were talking about with the monsters that attack everybody, cmon, Kang, bring the zombies! the zombies! the brainsucking ZOMBIES! anyway invasion would be zombies as the easyest monsters and phantoms and drakular-like vampires (or worse, undead estate agents) as the hardest. yes, i have no urge for voodoo now. also, as a type of danger area, a big where there is a 50% chance of you getting stuck by zues-like lightning which shatters you all over the map. so im going by the backstabbing idea. hmmm weapons... weapons weapons weapons.... im useless in this area of weapons. knives, pitchforks, sickles, surgical knife(?), colt 45 (or any kind of Laudanum steampunk horror victorian weapons), hmmm.

SuperWeapons

Triple Knife

Primary fire : Pulls the knife down to pull an instant kill.

Secondary fire : throws the knife which then explodes oncontact with solid stuff or players, and explodes in a big green smoke cloud and with a drakular-like laugh.

Anger

Primary fire : Sets the human target to be struck down by zeus-like lightning (which i mensioned erlier, so you know what happens).

Secondary fire : Fires a bolt from the weapon itself. Costs 3x as much ammo.

well, im out. more.... sometime... muahahahahahahahahaha.

P.S. *NOT*

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Backstabs are being considered/planned.

Anger sounds too much like the Tesla gun.

Zombies... there will be zombie equivalents, but not brain suckers. They are overdone.

When you think up weapons, try to think in terms of things that would fit in as a weapon/gadget in Thief2 or in the Tech ladder in Arcanum.... best examples of steampunk in gaming I can think of.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
UPDATE:

Current Gametype Ideas that I may/will actually try to do.

RPG/Quest mode: using Reg's RW Campaign's code, players will go through a series of maps as a team, fighting off monsters, fulfilling objectives, until ultimately reaching the end of their quest and doing whatever.

Bounty Hunting: free for all monster hunting. Kill the most monsters in a population of citizens to get points for each monster slain. Lose points for killing civs.

"Ripper": a mutant variant in which one player is a crazy homicidal Ripper (the "surgeon" class) who goes around killing civillians. All the other players must kill him, thus becoming him. They lose points if they kill civillians or each other, and gain points if they kill the Ripper. the Ripper gets points for anything he kills.

and maybe, just maybe, Reg's monster building idea.

With the new emphasis on the Monster Hunter and other crusader classes, I need to refine them a bit now, and possibly think up a third type. Currently I have Mariner/Explorer & Monster Hunter (VanHelsing/Belmont style)... I need one more probably.

Last edited:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Hmm, charging?

Pitchfork perhaps
Pri is a stab, like Blood, but altfire you run strait foward, allowing you to run alot faster then normal. Faster you go, the more damage you do.

Undead Frank

Daten unterscheiden sich vom Server
Dec 12, 2003
Heinsberg
Yeah....

This sounds pretty cool,but imho the setting is better for single-player.
Plus, I haven't played Blood 'cos I was too young and you can only get it here(in Germany)if you're 18,so what is a Flare-gun?

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
it would be much better for single player, but single player mods are a huge pain and like triple the workload, and rely evwen more heavily on mappers. I would know, I worked on one....

A flaregun would be a gun that fires flares ;)
In Blood, it lodged a flare into the flesh of whoever you fired it at, and if they were low on health it lit them on fire after a second ir two.

Undead Frank

Dec 12, 2003
Heinsberg
How about drugs instead of medkits?so you just keep your health if you keep taking the drug every minute after you healed yourself the first time?

Undead Frank

Dec 12, 2003
Heinsberg
I think it would be cool to have some kind of Monster that can infect its enemies,to make them monsters,too.Then the victim would automatically change the team and could only change teams by getting crucified (or something else)