Steam summer sale

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Well Payday was worth the $5 based on my first playthrough. It seems super difficult, even on normal, but maybe it was just the guys I was playing with. We didn't make it. And then I got kicked after the game was over despite lasting until the last objective. WTF! :mad:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Alan Wake + American Nightmare for $9.99 is insane.

My haul for the day:

- Alan Wake American Nightmare, $3.74
- Trine 2, $3.74
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, $9.99
- Toy Soldiers, $2.49 (dev announced Steamworks, dropping GFWL, resolution fixes)
- Lara Croft GOL Legacy of Kain DLC, $.86 (LoK is awesome. I want some in my TR)
Grabbed a few more over the last couple of days:

Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - The last two I needed of the series. I wasn't thrilled about FS's UPlay requirement, but I understand they've given the game an offline mode.
Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods EE - I have the rest of the series (minus Arcania) and this looked like a pretty cool addition. A nice actiony-RPG backup for Skyrim.
Vessel - looks like a great platformer
Qube - I've been wanting to try this UE Portal/Puzzle game for a while now
Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC - SS:SE DLC after all these years?? I can't wait to play the new levels
Saints Row: The Third - Maximum Pleasure Pack, Witches and Wieners Pack - It's mostly worthless but cheap; maybe good for a laugh now
Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn - I know it isn't supposed to be great, but I loved the main game and I want a bit more
From Dust - had a pretty horrendous start, but I think some of that got ironed out. God games can be fun and I want to give it a try. Hey, I actually played Black and White.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Who actually played Black and White? LOL!

I grabbed some SR3 DLC today and Harley Quinn DLC. Also grabbed the Dreadnought DLC for Space Marine.

Arma 2 is a really awful game. So, even though I have a mild interest in DayZ, the current 20% off is just insulting and I guarantee it won't go 75% off which is where I would care to buy it. DayZ isn't worth the current price of the game.... imo :p

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Who actually played Black and White? LOL!

I did.
it was cool for something different. I also played Black and White 2.

Arma 2 is a really awful game.
says who?

Arma 2 is at least as good as Op: Flashpoint and the community is outstanding.
there's probably more mods and custom content available for Arma 2 than any other game today, even Half Life 2 / Source.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I've played it. It's just a subpar military shooter.
compared to what?
I dare you to find me a "par" military shooter :rolleyes:

and how long did you play it before arriving at this conclusion?
have you played it under the latest patch? it's been patched to shit in order to satisfy many of the original complaints that came on launch day.

<-- take a gander under Portal 2 there...
count every individual addon available for Arma 2, if possible.
there's at least 150k different things.

world objects (some of these packs contain thousands of items alone), weapons, uniforms, cars, planes, tanks, boats, interfaces, pre-made scripts and event triggers, sound effects, textures, graphics enhancements, custom missions, custom scenario maps, entirely new/original islands (some small, some even larger than the base island), gameplay mods, total conversion mods, etc.

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
it goes on forever too, I've mined a suit of copper armour to mine my set of iron armour to mine my set of silver armour to mine my set of gold armour to get my set of shadow armour to get my meteor armour so i could get my hellstone armour, and now ive just got to destroy a giant wall of flesh in hell so i can unlock cobalt, mythril and adamantite so i can make a full suit of those each and then combine them to make hallowed....

its like minecraft with stuff to do

Or you could just jump on any server and get a free hallowed tossed in your face. :eek:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Just bought all the New Vegas DLC for $11.44.

I haven't even started the main game yet and probably won't for sometime till I clean out some other backlogged titles.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Bought Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead myself to tryout DayZ. If I have ever played a mod deserves the title of "ghetto rigged", it's DayZ. It's in alpha though so whatever, I can let it slide for now. Between the bugginess of arma and dayz it's kind of frustrating, but the mod is cool otherwise.

And yeah, the L4D sounds are probably just them being lazy.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Welp got the Ass Creed pack(Ass Creed, Ass Creed 2, Brohood, and Revelation +DLC) for 73% off $34.99

Funny thing it was 66% off at the start of the sale, then went 73% off an hour later. Not sure if it was a fubaw on their part, but I benefited from it. Another reason why you shouldn't bite the first chance you get.