What direction do you want the next UT game to go?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What would you like to see in the next UT game?

• Total voters

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
You can Customize your characters in UT3, does it make UT3 a RPG FPS Game, no.

RPG mean Role-playing-game.
Basically any game would fit.

If you basically have a Ladder system... it's like being level 30 in Team Slayer in Halo.
It's exactly the same thing.

To have an "Officer" grade is like being level 30 in "X" gametype.
1. One defines the time you played and you "experience".
2. The other defines your skills on a specific Gametype.
3. When the Player Overall Statistics would define you pretty much like the number 1, but in a way more accurate way.

Basically, UT3 is years behind. Counter-Strike is probably one of the oldest "RPG FPS" structured game.

Ahh yes but say TF2 I would not consider an RPG because you dont have experience points, you do however have achievements and unlocks but those arnt directly linked to the amount of playtime. It might take some people longer to get those things than others and the unlocks are not uprages per see.

Experience could be defined by more then just time played, it could be things like making kills but UT3 doesnt use any of these types of things to define what weapons etc you can and cant use. Also the character customization doesnt go to being an RPG game unless experience is required to use those things in UT3 you can unlock them all without having played the SP campaign.

Its also not fortress styled play with player classes, krall, necris and humans all have exact same base stats with no upgrades on those.

Anyways if its Rank call it Rank, Rank != field experience though hence my respect for high Rank NCO's!

For me though the things UT3 is really lacking in is not extra gameplay fluff thats flavour of the day, its things like decent map voting, extended scoreboards (one thing I think TF2 pretty okay in), achievements might have been cool, better communication menu and options (which kinda extends to the friends list). Anyways theres a heap of things that people have mentioned before that I agree with, this is just a short list, with these things added UT3 would have felt more 'nextgen' I guess would be a way to put it and not last gen with better graphics. Even then there are games from the past which feature things like this.

While I appreciate the emphasis Epic put on gameplay for UT3 other areas still suffered as they did in the past, although now things are beginning to seem more dated. You would have expected UT3 to improve on UT2k3 and UT2k4, while it didnt need all the features there should have been more to the UT3 design doc then warfare and a SP campaign :cool:

Last edited: