NO vehicles in DEATHMATCH!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will anyone make a DM map with cars?

• I dont know how to map!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Im lazy!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • NO!!!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • YES!!!

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I'd assume it's because vehicles would make it to where whoever has em dominates the entire thing. I mean, the vehicles are supposed to work cooperatively and in a sort of synergy. Scorpion on the front lines while followed by the Goliath and covered by the raptor for air cover and reconaisance. None of them can stand on thier own. And for the guys stuck on foot, sh*t on them (shrugs).

Victor_Shmirnoff

May 17, 2004
So....

Technicly it could still work... make it a huge map,and the spawn points far from eachother, have garages for evry vehicle or something...
but, you can make the vehicles lighter armoured, and supposeley make everyone have a vehicle in the beggining, that would be fair...

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I guess but you're starting to go into the scripting aspect of the game. If you're going to do something like that, it needs to be in the form of a mod. And huge maps run like crap if you can't zone properly (as some can't seem to). It still sounds like pure unorganized not fun mayhem to me. If you modelled, skinned and scripted some new vehicles and made a mod very "Twisted Metal"-esque, then I think it could be something.

Victor_Shmirnoff

May 17, 2004
Hey, thanks for the info, I'll try to make something like that, but there is one problem...
Unfortunateley i dont know how to make mods, so can you reply with some tutorial websites? And again, what tools do you use to make mods?

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Basic mapping tutorials and what not can be found at http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/
Some basic scripting tutorials can be found there too.
3ds Max for the modelling. Photoshop for the skins/textures.
I'd suggest looking at the mod "UnWheel" for a starting point. It's a race modification but you could probably use the structure of that to tweak it for your own means. http://unwheel.beyondunreal.com/

Last edited:

Victor_Shmirnoff

May 17, 2004
Hey thanks again for the tutorial, so do you think if i make this "twisted-Metal" mod it might put some interest in the public?

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I think it would definantly spark some interest if you do it right. Do some work with the idea, present it, and you could get some talented people on a team with you to work on the mod. I know the possibility of some vehicular mayhem as a throwback to the "Twisted Metal" days has certainly got my interest.

I think why most mappers don't make vDM maps is because of the potential balance issues. I know I won't make one because of too many bad experiences with vehicles on HALO deathmatch. I'd always have to chase down a warthog on foot and kill the driver because they would be running over everyone. It's really f***ing annoying when you find yourself on the hood of a warthog for the twelfth life in a row :eek:.