UE1 - UT Map coordinates

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GodsCreation

Aug 18, 2009
hi guys and girls. I'm trying to get (urealed 2.0) the coordinates of a map. Map length/widh/height and placement within the coordinates plane. Is this possible somehow? I'm kinda stucked. If it's not possible within unrealed 2.0 , are there any other methods of retreiving thos coordinates? Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Mark

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I'm not quite sure what it is that you are trying to do but you can see all of the brush (and actor) co-ordinates by exporting the map as a .t3d file (File->Export) and you end up with output like this:

Code:
Begin Actor Class=Brush Name=[B]Brush347[/B]
    MainScale=(SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
    PostScale=(Scale=(Z=1.000000),SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
    TempScale=(Scale=(Z=1.000000),SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
    Level=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0'
    Tag=Brush
    Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=-1)
   [B] Location=(X=1088.000000,Y=-608.000000,Z=64.000000)[/B]
    [B]Rotation=(Pitch=32768,Yaw=-16384,Roll=-16384)[/B]
    Begin Brush Name=Brush
       Begin PolyList...
Simpler solutions are most welcome! :)

GodsCreation

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks a lot m8. Well i want to build a minimap like thing. And therefor i need to know the size of the map, and the position within the coordinate system. It seems unrealed 2.0 does not show coordinates although the option is there. Or am I missing something?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You mean a radar map ingame? For this kind of feature it's usually the best to iterate over all NavigationPoints (using the Level.NavigationPointList/NavigationPoint.NextNavigationPoint linked list) to find the map extent and center. The other option, if you're using custom maps for that mod anyway, would be a custom actor to be placed in the map, which would contain the corresponding values.

Note that in-game there is no way to find the actual shape of the level geometry. Radar map background images would have to be mapper-made anyway. The Screen component used in many UTJB3 maps is a good example for an actor specifying map setup and a texture for the map image.