Thunderbirds

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bigdavemcduff

May 31, 2000
Visit site
When Virgil takes off in his rocket thing I always noticed that his skin looked a little plastic. This must have required an awful lot of makeup on such an obviously real actor to make him look like this. I have also noticed this strange phenomenon occuring on the likes of Joe 90 (speccy git). How do they do the makup on these actors. It is cool.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
I quote Brian Connely:

IT'S A PUPPET!

Never notice those weird threads hanging down McDuff? Did you think the base had a major spider infestation? :)

bullet2.gif

If anyone discovers what the Universe is for, and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
No Sam, you're wrong. They are real actors made to look like puppets.

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Morety|PuF

Because hey, if it weren't for Llamas? I wouldn't seem like such a great guy.

]LoL[ - A big clan of Spam.

bigdavemcduff

May 31, 2000
Visit site
Yeah Morety, that's what I said. They are obviously far too lifelike to be puppets and I have NEVER seen these so called 'strings' that Sam is talking about.

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
I always wanted to know how the actors managed to fit in the Ball and Cube droids from the Terrahawks.

And how much did Jerry Anderson paid to setup a base on Mars?

bullet2.gif

"Have I shown you lately what my clan can do?
Cos I own you arse now by rights, We got family!" One Big Family - Embrace

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Y5,

You may not post much, but when you do you rule man!!!!!

SEE! NO STRINGS ATTACHED!

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Morety|PuF

Because hey, if it weren't for Llamas? I wouldn't seem like such a great guy.

]LoL[ - A big clan of Spam.

Y

Yellow5

Aw thanks man. There are lots more where those came from.

There was a similar show called Fireball XL5 that I used to watch. I have this thing about puppets.. they frighten me, and the show used to freak me out because, well, puppets are evil. Plus you can't tell if they are puppets or not.

Check tihs site out for lots of Gerry Anderson goodness.
http://www.kikgraphics.demon.co.uk/fanderson.html

- Y5

[This message has been edited by Yellow5 (edited 06-15-2000).]

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
That picture is posed. They don't need to make the puppets move, so no strings. In the actual programme, they did move, so they had strings. Look closely if it's still on somewhere.

bullet2.gif

If anyone discovers what the Universe is for, and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.