UE1 - UT Need a little skinning help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
I'm editing a map for redeemer matches, or just a big old map for any kind of fighting really, and I put Warlords on it.

Skinned them like this...
00dbc7q0.png

...but when they die they look like this:
00dbbafc.png

How do I skin the Warlord's carcass?

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
You'll have to make a custom carcass class that uses your skin and have the Warlords use the custom class as their carcass type.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
If you want to keep of your custom content in mylevel, go to the actor class browser, then go to Decorations, Carcass, WarlordCarcass. Right click on WarlordCarcass and click new. Set the package name to MyLevel and give your custom carcass a name. Right click on your custom carcass and pick default properties, then go to the display section and set the skin/multiskins fields to use your custom texture. Then find the warlord's class and make a new one in MyLevel. In the default properties of your custom warlord, go to the pawn section and change the carcasstype to the custom class you made earlier.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
For the modders reading this I have a parent carcass class that will end this problem in your mutator no matter what the mapper/creature maker fucked up. All you need to do is include the parent carcass class and then spawn it on the monsters in your mutator like this:

Code:
if (S.CarcassType != None)
	{
		S.CarcassType = class'MonsterHunt2Lite.ExCreatureCarcass';
	}

There's also a replacement class for chunks that fix the CanSeeMe crash and add some good gibby stuff. If you want it just let me know.