Patch 1.3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

$hagratH

Jan 24, 2008
yeh
i dl it today and installed it
and imho
what is the difference??
from the 1.2 i mean?
it still looks the same..............................

$hagratH

Jan 24, 2008
ic...thnx alot 4 your reply...
it didnt include people on full servers,,so i guezz ill wait sum time again with playing it:rolleyes:
back to 2k4:mad:
cheers

saracen16

Certified Flak Monkey
Apr 23, 2008
Sands of Arabia
I installed patch 1.3, and things are working fine, so far. The bots are using the link gun beam A LOT, just like they did in UT2k4. An annoying but fine change nonetheless. I also noticed the bots do attack the enemy core, but on select maps. Still, the crappy Leviathan AI on Serenity and Onyx Coast pisses me off. I can't count how many times the bots drove the Leviathan down the central gorge in Serenity or up the cliff face on the Axon side in Onyx Coast and remained stuck there. They also suck at the Leviathan's orbital cannon... BIG TIME.

Another thing I noticed, but I don't know if anyone else did... on Avalanche, when I captured the East and West cave nodes, the tentacle only deployed for a short while, and mysteriously disappeared. I didn't see the drainage on the enemy prime node at all.I tried it once so far, but I want to know if anyone else got the same problem.

It's good to see the map descriptions and previews have been fixed, though, as well as the map-specific (Searchlight, Morbias) issues being dealt with. I think Epic should focus on improving the bot AI vis a vis vehicle usage and prioritization of goals in CTF and Warfare maps.

TimbreWolf

Aug 19, 2008
Tried the new patch last night. The bots definitely use the link beam more now, and you can indeed see people in servers.

Didn't notice the much vaunted new taunt functionality but maybe I didn't have the relevant volume control high enough.
Does anyone know which volume setting controls this?

Pretty damned big patch but I guess that's the map updates which I haven't checked out.

MM alpha still kicks Epic final. :lol:

EDIT: Forgot to mention: It doesn't seem like you can play demos from 1.2 anymore.

P.S. Finally gave up on the Epic forums and moved here since the equivalent thread to this there got closed before I could post. :mad:

Last edited:

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
I installed patch 1.3, and things are working fine, so far. The bots are using the link gun beam A LOT, just like they did in UT2k4. An annoying but fine change nonetheless. I also noticed the bots do attack the enemy core, but on select maps. Still, the crappy Leviathan AI on Serenity and Onyx Coast pisses me off. I can't count how many times the bots drove the Leviathan down the central gorge in Serenity or up the cliff face on the Axon side in Onyx Coast and remained stuck there. They also suck at the Leviathan's orbital cannon... BIG TIME.

Another thing I noticed, but I don't know if anyone else did... on Avalanche, when I captured the East and West cave nodes, the tentacle only deployed for a short while, and mysteriously disappeared. I didn't see the drainage on the enemy prime node at all.I tried it once so far, but I want to know if anyone else got the same problem.

It's good to see the map descriptions and previews have been fixed, though, as well as the map-specific (Searchlight, Morbias) issues being dealt with. I think Epic should focus on improving the bot AI vis a vis vehicle usage and prioritization of goals in CTF and Warfare maps.

hold on, you got map previews? For face, morbias and searchlight? why don't i have them....

saracen16

Certified Flak Monkey
Apr 23, 2008
Sands of Arabia
hold on, you got map previews? For face, morbias and searchlight? why don't i have them....

There's a fix for the previews at utzone.de. That's where I got it from. Can't remember the exact link, though. Apparently the fix is included with the bonus pack url on their site. You might want to give that a shot.

TimbreWolf said:
EDIT: Forgot to mention: It doesn't seem like you can play demos from 1.2 anymore.

I don't know if that's the case. I managed to play a demo of a Heatray DM match I did when I had patch 1.1. It might depend on the map.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005

The patch DOES NOT fix the map previews ... you are not alone ... the patch has nothing to do with what is being released at UTZone ... which is the old BP without the fixes and not the maps that have been fixed in the Patch.

keaukrine

Sep 26, 2004
Ukraine
keaukraine.narod.ru
Is this only me or does link gun beam homes on enemies when bots use it? o_O
I used to play TDM with godlike bots on DM-Noca from HOLP mappack, and now I often see bots' link beam behave in that way. They can burn me down with it in a few seconds, literally. Even faster that in UT2004 IMO.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Is this only me or does link gun beam homes on enemies when bots use it? o_O

The bots beams have the ability to home into the enemies and that is just a fact. I have seen it plenty of times when I dodge away from a bots beam, and it just curves and continues to burn me.

Last edited:

Mabz

Mar 31, 2005
I would prefer a proper voice recognition for bot commands as well as chatting to your friends over the network ... has this been done yet?

Grasshopper

Jan 21, 2008
Upstate NY
I would prefer a proper voice recognition for bot commands as well as chatting to your friends over the network ... has this been done yet?

Things that were standard in UT2004 have yet to materialize in UT3. This, even though we were promised that these features would be expanded in the new game. It wouldn't be breaking new ground, just giving us what we had.