The gathering of bots...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
That's a great picture and it looks like a lot of work. Why can't you just use the addbot command or something like it and get them all in the same area of a map a take a screenshot? I don't know if I want to build all 32 of my bots. I may try it or the collage sometime soon. I'm not really experienced at the editor though except checking map settings enough to review a map.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
a pic with us buf ut1 forumers/players with our favorite playerskins would be nice.that tribune neo made would be a nice place.any volenteers?
i would do it but i am so so busy. :p

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
SkaarjMaster, the simple matter is that they won't be aligned properly and they will shoot each other. So you'll get a screenshot of loads of dead bodies...

Last edited:

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
Closest you could do is create two isolated rooms, each with one team spawns. At least the bots wouldn't shoot each other. But they would wander around a lot.

NeoNite's method is better.

This method would be great for getting good shots of the bot faces, so you could use it for the talk texture of your skin.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
Btw, how do you set the model's pose?

one way to do it is with the croxdeco script.i attached it on my post below.
put it in your UT system folder>open unrealED>open croxdeco u.file
at class browser>look at decorations for inrodude class.
it's written in french but not hard to understand.it allows you to choose
more ut models as introdude as before.you can even use custom models,
if you change the mesh.rightclick the pawn.and it has 4-5 animations/poses you can set.the rest...look at the pic i marked the important places with an arrow.and after all just start UT and check if it's allright
and make a screenshot with f9.(goes to ut-system folder).

Attachments

• iviewcapture_date_18_04_2008_time_09_59_43.jpg
    iviewcapture_date_18_04_2008_time_09_59_43.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 15
  • crokxDeco.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
What I did: Look at the pic in post 17: Animsequence -> Here you fill in the name of the animation "group" you want. Every model comes with all sorts of animations: death (several groups), jump etc. you'll see when you check it in the mesh browser.

Edith: My bad, I did use the introdude decoration instead of a knife.

:)

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Bumpz. Anyone else up to presenting a varied bot list :) ?

Be creative. You can, like I did, use a tribune. Or maybe place them around a large table, or a formation in a hallway etc. Or fighting :)

Dark_Pieman

Oct 27, 2008
Sucks that there's no easier way to do it. Still, when I learn how to use Unreal Ed, I'll give it a shot. I'm still downloading and modifying my bots at the moment, but I should have more than enough for a group photo. My personal fave out of the bunch would have to be Alice, complete with voice.

difool2

May 10, 2003
Visit site
It requires that you basically line up a bunch of defense nodes and order them all to defend.

Which is what I did. :D

botlineupgu5.jpg

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah that's an easier way to do things Difool ;-)
Maybe I like to complicate things a bit. But when I do it in the editor I can use all the animations, and make the funniest/strangest combinations.
Besides, they don't move :D I can take my time getting the best shots of the models, from all possible sides.

I just find it easier when it doesn't move, at all. Besides, I don't mind putting the extra work in. There's always the possibility of learning new things about the editor etc.

Last edited: