Jgkdo please oh please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
ant75 said:
Not only yesterday, i think that's always the case on jgkdo (i've noticed it several times). But does it have an influence on cpu at all ? Or is it just a bug that makes the muties displayed twice in the browser ?

Well... it can cause issues. Like for DTAS, you can have the situation where both team are attackers and defenders. Doesn't work well.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
It's a problem with the web admin. When the server starts (I'm assuming just with MultiMut in the list) it loads all the mutators, and the web admin lists them all as well as MultiMut. So, when you apply settings and restart, it loads all the individual mutators, and MultiMut loads them as well. Just something to watch out for.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Yesterday there were 2 dtas games running at the same time. Funny in the beginning, but in the end we had to left the server.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Nukeproof said:
But I would keep the 2.9 balistic... its quite annoying when switching servers to adapt.

Yepp, you are right. Request to all servers: Switch to yurchnades ;)

And no, they were not on Jgkdo.

frenchfrog

The mighty batrachian
Jan 18, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.ghostdogs.net
Yurch nades are cool but they have one major problem: throw them in a small hallway and they will do their damage in the same radius than if you throw them in an open field, which simply don't feel right.

Last edited:

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
frenchfrog said:
Yurch nades are cool but they have one major problem: throw them in a small hallway and they will do their damage in the same radius than if you throw them in an open field, which simply don't feel right (the effect I'm often refering to as the "chunky salsa effect").

Yes you are right here. The problem of the vanillas is that they kill you around two corners sometimes.

What else I hope to fix a little with it is to reduce all the blindnading, cause yurchnades are not so effective there. Some are just nading all the way from 50m from the flag until they reach it...it is getting on my nerves.

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
We are thinking about doing something with the nades.

I just added the suggested "weighted random" mapchange feature to ssk and its in betatesting on JgKdo server.
If a map is played twice in a row, please let me know cause this should normally be blocked fully with the new version.

frenchfrog

The mighty batrachian
Jan 18, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.ghostdogs.net
Idea to modify yurch nade (if there is a way to know the free volume inside a sphere/cube):

do a ratio between the free volume inside a sphere/cube located at the M67 point of explosion and the full sphere/cube volume then multiply it by say 75% and boost the radius of the nade by this ratio (and make sure the radtio stay between 1.0 and 2.0).

now if there is no way of knowing the free volume inside a sphere/cube: throw six ray (North, S, E, W, Up, Down) calculate de resulting cube (by limiting each ray to half the full cube size) and make the ratio with the full cube.

EDIT: ok, thinking about it, multiplying the nade radius by the ratio is not right (cause doubling the radius will multiply by 8 the volume), even if the nade expansion is block in some direction(s). So simply, the "power(ratio, 1/3)" would probably be best (sorry I don't know how to say the "square" with 3 instead of 2).

EDIT2: again, instead of the 4 ray (North, S, E, W) throwing 8 ray (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW) would probably give for bettre result (and it's not really harder to calculate the volume of a cube compare to a octagonal base rectangular prism.

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Nice idea, provided of course that this is doable and cpu friendly (i'm not really upset with the current nade system, so i'd rather keep it as is than have a more realistic one with more lag).